Christianity Spreading in Iran via Multimedia

BlaznFattyz

Reaction score
Christianity is expanding in the closed, heavily Muslim country of Iran through multimedia technology, according to a Christian persecution watch group.

Iranian Muslims in growing numbers are coming to know and accept Jesus Christ through satellite TV, internet and other media outlets, reported Open Doors Middle East field worker Stefan De Groot.

“New media is becoming increasingly important in the future to strengthen the church,” De Groot said... CONT'D

Open Doors info here

Christianity is expanding in the closed, heavily Muslim country of Iran through multimedia technology, according to a Christian persecution watch group.

Iranian Muslims in growing numbers are coming to know and accept Jesus Christ through satellite TV, internet and other media outlets, reported Open Doors Middle East field worker Stefan De Groot.

“New media is becoming increasingly important in the future to strengthen the church,” De Groot said... CONT'D

Open Doors info here

“In spite of this pressure, the house church movement has seen spectacular growth,” De Groot said. “This is not happening just because of dreams and miracles…The majority of people now come to faith through the multimedia, and especially satellite TV. Nobody can control which programmes Iranians watch.” :D

i think the spreading of the gospel as well as the whole world seeing future prophetic events will be thru multimedia technology.

Hi Blazn

Clearly De Groot hasn't read this:

Police Storm Christian's Home (Iran)

I don't really understand Shia Islam but I do know the regime there can indeed control what people watch on tv and unfortunately for the Iranian people the more this spreads the more oppressive action the regime will take against it's people.

"Clearly, Iran's government is alarmed at the growth of the Christian faith there," said Todd Nettleton, a spokesman for the ministry that serves persecuted Christians worldwide."

Perscution is nothing new...multimedia is.

I was not referring to De Groots claim that Christianity is growing in Iran, Patti, I was referring to his claim that the state cannot control what people watch on tv. They are a closed state system and can ban anything they want in the blink of an eye. It is wrong but they can and will do it if they feel it is necessary. Just look at the cencorship on the internet in the mid east and the number of bloggers being arrested, even in quite open mid eastern countries.

I was not referring to De Groots claim that Christianity is growing in Iran, Patti, I was referring to his claim that the state cannot control what people watch on tv. They are a closed state system and can ban anything they want in the blink of an eye. It is wrong but they can and will do it if they feel it is necessary. Just look at the cencorship on the internet in the mid east and the number of bloggers being arrested, even in quite open mid eastern countries.

I realize very well what can happen in the "blink of an eye." Yes, the state does control what it can control, but they have never had to deal with multimedia before, Christians have had to deal with persecution for a l o n g time.

I understood what you were not referring to. I was pointing out facts.

And I was simply disagreeing with your 'facts'. A closed state can and often does control the media, ask the bloggers in the prisons over here. Ask the Egyptian high court judges who have been imprisoned for saying on tv that the election was not democratic. Look up the thousands of cencored words for the internet in China, type in the word democracy in a chinese search engine and you get zero results back. And Egypt is a much more open country than Iran. You may live in the land of the free but others do not.

Back