is god dreaming us all up?

Had to come up with the idea someplace, eh?

But I thought he never rests...that was before all this I suppose.

and yes look at marsupials and lemurs and penguins and emus and ostriches and us...he has a sense of humor..

Did you know, Blazn, that in Hinduism, the 2nd Person of the Godhead, Vishnu, is spoken of as "Dreaming" the Universes into existence?

The depiction below, which you will often see in the Bhagavad Gita and Mahabharata, shows Vishnu ... with the numberless universes below and all around him, with the Supreme Light of the Godhead radiating from above.

Vishnu.jpg

~Andrew

Did you know, Blazn, that in Hinduism, the 2nd Person of the Godhead, Vishnu, is spoken of as "Dreaming" the Universes into existence?

The depiction below, which you will often see in the Bhagavad Gita and Mahabharata, shows Vishnu ... with the numberless universes below and all around him, with the Supreme Light of the Godhead radiating from above.

View attachment 483

~Andrew
wow, i didnt know that, im am so glad i do, now i can sleep better at night. is the person that drew these characters, hindu's version of Stan Lee, just less popular?

I do not know the artist, Blazn, and I have no clue who Stan Lee is. I Wiki'd him, but sorry, never really did the comic book thing. ;)

The Hare Krishna, or ISKCON (International Society of Krishna Consciousness) organization, can probably point you in the right direction, if you visit the official webpage (for the books), here, and read about "Books That Go As Deep As You Can." :)

As for me ... I just like the artwork. Simple enough to understand, but as the tagline says, it invites us to go deeper.

Love and Light,
~Andrew

if god can rest, could he dream?

What does it mean to dream? Define, dream....

Is it to wish for something you haven't got? (What could there be that god hasn't?)

Is it a set goal? (How higher can god get up the ladder? He's seen it all, done it all, knows it all....)

Is it being idle? As in to dream it all away, or so on? (Is your god idle?)

Or to dream while sleeping... Then we must difine to sleep.... Define, sleep...

We sleep to recharge? Would you say that is the main purpose of sleeping? We got to shut our systems down and do some checks run some programs make sure everything is ok... Then off we go.... Yeah? (Is your god that weak and have that much of a lack of efficency?? Taken alot more than seven days to make a planet...)

Ok so now we are at REST, To me when you say rest what comes to my mind is, inactivity, freedom, relief and tranquillity..... Quite different to sleep.

Anyway.. I need a coffee..

That's one of my favourite paintings Andrew :) - Maha Vishnu resting on the causal ocean!

It is said that as Vishnu exhales, countless universes are manifested from His body, only to return again on the inward 'breath'.

... Nemai :)

AndrewX said:
]Did you know, Blazn, that in Hinduism, the 2nd Person of the Godhead, Vishnu, is spoken of as "Dreaming" the Universes into existence?

Boy, I'm sure glad I'm not God, 'cause I sure wouldn't want some of my dreams to come into existence. What a nightmare that would be!

As the American indians say 'We are all thoughts in the mind of the Great Spirit'.

The Hindu mayavadis who believe that all this is maya (delusion) say yes this is God's dream. God is the dreamer, creation is the dream and we, the embodied beings, are the dreamer in the dream.

Boy, I'm sure glad I'm not God, 'cause I sure wouldn't want some of my dreams to come into existence. What a nightmare that would be!
There is a song in my church...

Our thoughts are prayers
and we are always praying
Our thoughts are prayers
take charge of what your saying
seek a higher consciousness
a state of peacefulness
as every thought becomes a prayer

So I always ask the kids if this is the case, and G-d hears it all...what are they actually praying for most...

There is another thought...

Will I be pleased if what I am thinking right now were to manifest before me in the next couple minutes...

Sure we can instantly think about a million dollars or some beauty....but what are the majority of our thoughts...these prayers don't stand on their own, but are an average of all the thought we put out there....sometimes quite intriguing...what we resist persists...

Back