The Floating Buddha...

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Alright...another trip into my warped mind.

Do you know the floating hot dog or sausage or wiener whatever you call it where ever you are...tube steak??

Hold your fingers about six inches from your face with index fingers pointing at each other about one inch apart...now look into the distance and between your fingers you'll see a floating hot dog (or double ended index finger)

Play with that a little or if you are experienced and ready to move on....

Go for the Floating Buddha.

Two clenched fists fingernails facing you, thumbs on top...move them to about 6 inches in front of your face at eye height with little finger knuckles about 1/4 inch apart (1mm?) slowly angle the tops away and adjust each fist to even until you see only three knuckles each smaller than the other in the 'hot dog space'

When it is in the right place you'll see legs crossed, arms and belly, and a head of 'The Floating Buddha'

Don't ask me how I came up with this...but it appeared in front of me this morning, you guys are the first I've shared this with....doncha feel special??

Do you know the floating hot dog or sausage or wiener whatever you call it where ever you are...tube steak??

Hold your fingers about six inches from your face with index fingers pointing at each other about one inch apart...now look into the distance and between your fingers you'll see a floating hot dog (or double ended index finger)

Play with that a little or if you are experienced and ready to move on....

Go for the Floating Buddha.

Two clenched fists fingernails facing you, thumbs on top...move them to about 6 inches in front of your face at eye height with little finger knuckles about 1/4 inch apart (1mm?) slowly angle the tops away and adjust each fist to even until you see only three knuckles each smaller than the other in the 'hot dog space'

When it is in the right place you'll see legs crossed, arms and belly, and a head of 'The Floating Buddha'

Don't ask me how I came up with this...but it appeared in front of me this morning, you guys are the first I've shared this with....doncha feel special??

Ty Wil. you are too kind to us :)

I tried, really I tried. But all I got was these awful Thetans swimming around trying to invade me and make me depressed and confused. I think I now need some kind of counselling... I have the money to pay!! Any suggestions?

Tao

lol! Let me get this straight... In my office, you are suggesting I take my fingers/fists and place them infront of my face..... And I will see a floating tube steak? Others will see a tube steak... Me the idiot with my hands in front of my face....

Or maybe it could be a sign! A sign specially from buddha.... The sign means... "Lay off the coffee..."

Ty Wil. you are too kind to us :)

I tried, really I tried. But all I got was these awful Thetans swimming around trying to invade me and make me depressed and confused. I think I now need some kind of counselling... I have the money to pay!! Any suggestions?

Tao
do you have paypal, mastercard, visa, american express??

lol! Let me get this straight... In my office, you are suggesting I take my fingers/fists and place them infront of my face..... And I will see a floating tube steak? Others will see a tube steak... Me the idiot with my hands in front of my face....

Or maybe it could be a sign! A sign specially from buddha.... The sign means... "Lay off the coffee..."
ok...nobody...nobody got it??

I have to admit the buddha escaped me... probably because I felt such a twit trying....

I have to admit the buddha escaped me... probably because I felt such a twit trying....
ah....that is the answer...I rarely feel like a twit...no matter what others think...

so the hot dog....

two fingers held a little bit apart....

and then look thru them at a distance
and see in front of you....
________.....__________
________)...( __________

the floating hot dog
________ ..... ____..... __________
________) ....(____)....( __________

for the Buddha...two fists fingernails toward you
knuckles held at a vee shaped angle

. ____ .........._____
. .......)........(
. ........)..... (
. ........ )... (
..______)...(______

Look through it, line up so you middle knuckle creates the head
ring finger knuckle creates the body and arms
pinky creates the folded legs in a lotus..
yeilds floating Buddha

____........ .........._____
. .....).. ... _ ......(
. ......).... ( .) ...(
. .......) ..(....)..(
.______) (___) (______

yes that is the extent of my art abilities....strange attempts at ascii...

now if no-one ever gets it maybe that twitdom thing will set in...but I doubt it.

Last edited:
For that last diagram you need 14 digits, maybe we just not made like you Wil :rolleyes:

For that last diagram you need 14 digits, maybe we just not made like you Wil :rolleyes:
the freakin program deleted the spaces...I'm gonna go back in and put white periods where spaces should be...

and each paranthesis represents a finger tip in the hot dog diagram and a knuckle in the Buddha diagram...

and heck...you can either add your toes...or Angus's if you ain't got enough!

I see it! I see it!

(There was no-one in the room this time.... :p)
Begs the whole tree falling in a forest question doesn't it??

Not at all floating Buddha thinking...

Thanks for seeing it or humoring me...now am I nuts or isn't it just a little bit interesting??

Really best not asking for answers to questions you do not really want the answer to, believe me I know :p

Really best not asking for answers to questions you do not really want the answer to, believe me I know :p
I assume you are referring to the 'am I nuts' question and not the forest one...

Being referred to as nuts would be nothing new...as a matter of fact I get it often...and I often come up with nutty notions...some of which pan out most of which are worthless....

I look at a major league baseball player in the US, if he gets on base 3 times out of 10 he is worth millions to the team...not scoring a run three times out of ten, not knocking in a run three times out of ten...just getting to first base.

So if 3 out of 10 of my ideas get to first base...have some sort of worth, I feel successful...if somehow one or two of hundreds can help other people in some way...I feel rich beyond measure...

I have these weird reassurance methods...when my 14 year old son was off hiking in the mountains of New Mexico for two weeks....I would look at the sun during the day or the stars at night...knowing if he looked up...we were seeing the same thing...that was my connection...and all it took to reassure me.

This little Floating Buddha I've been playing with for a couple of days...and somehow it is incredibly reassuring, peaceful, blissful...knowing that I can make this little connection anytime...priceless...

:) Wil, In addition to what you say you also bring a smile to others in knowing that they are not alone in having silly interludes.

My floating Buddha remains decapitated tho:(

:) Wil, In addition to what you say you also bring a smile to others in knowing that they are not alone in having silly interludes.

My floating Buddha remains decapitated tho:(
pinky knuckles almost touching angle the top of your fist back together a little bit and get his head back on...

or out of sight, out of mind...could be another metaphor your headless Buddha, not decapitated but purposefully without?? ie when we put our head into situations we eliminate our gut instinct and our heart...utilizing intellect and reason often waters down the essence...

careful you don't angle your fists to far...that and offsetting knuckles turns Buddha into a pastry, a cinnamon twist, or an archimedean screw...more metaphor?

This thread makes me laugh...... :p
I was going to say he is the floating Buddha not the laughing Buddha....but then I looked at my Floating Buddha buddy and by making short up and down movements with each fist, sometimes simultaneous and sometimes opposite he became the Chortling, Chuckling, Floating Buddha....and I think I detected a hint of a smile...

course maybe that was a reflection...

oops more metaphor...is it always a reflection??

Back