Krishna and Jesus were names – of same God in different tongues

A

aman

Krishna and Jesus were names – of same God in different tongues

The blind fanatic conservative rigidity – of one’s own religion is
Leading to communal wars – destroying the peace of society.
Common sense and simple analysis – are sufficient to know truth.
Every religious fan says that – his God created this earth.
Unfortunately there is only – one earth and not many earths.
Religions are many with different Gods, - but, sorry, one earth only!
This clearly means that there is – only one God, names differ.
Then, one God should preach – one syllabus only to the earth.
Languages may be different, – but subject is one and the same.

God is impartial Father of all souls – existing on this one earth.
If you say that Krishna alone is God, – Gita alone is the path,
Those who followed Krishna only – are liberated, others to hell,
We fully agree, but one small doubt, - when Krishna came here,
India was disconnected with – other foreign countries for some time.
During that time, foreigners, - who died ignorant of Krishna
Went to hell and fault was not in them – they did not know Krishna
Due to fault of Krishna only, - if Krishna wished, all countries
Could have been linked on His – arrival to India simultaneously.

Having known Krishna, – if the foreigners did not follow Him,
Their hell is justified, – now Krishna becomes partial to India.
God is always impartial, – entire earth is His creation only.
All the souls on the earth – are issues of the same divine Father.
Partiality is not justified, - if you say India alone has good devotees.
It is also not true because – Kauravas opposed Him vehemently.
The only solution is that God came – to all countries simultaneously
In different names and preached – the same syllabus simultaneously.
This logic applies to all religions, – When Jesus came to Jerusalem,
India was disconnected for some time, – in that time some Indians
Went to hell for not following Jesus, - it was not their fault at all,
Jesus need not be partial to Jerusalem – containing good devotees
Only, since He was crucified by – the worst priests in Jerusalem.
The solution is that same God came – to India and Jerusalem.
Krishna and Jesus were names – of same God in different tongues.

I see no more similarity between Krishna and Jesus than I see between Krishna and Siddhartha, which is not much similarity at all.

I don't really see that much similarity in the personalities of Krishna and Christ. However, they are obviously both religious figures, and they both taught what I would claim to be a universal message of Love of God.

... Neemai :)

Interestingly, there are many, many esotericists who believe that the same Christ (or Lord Maitreya) Who overshadowed the disciple Jesus, must surely have done so in the case of Sri Krishna ... either that, or have been a direct incarnation in the earlier case.

Both were avatars of Love, par excellence. Whereas Shakyamuni Buddha was the embodiment of Light, and of Wisdom, the outstanding characteristic of both Sri Krishna and of Christ Jesus' lives and ministries seems (to me) to be the keynote of brotherly (and spiritual) Love.

Thus I argue, partly, from direct observation and personal intuition, or insight.

However, there are definite Teachings which would also suggest that this is the case. Alice Bailey's writings include this indication, coming form a Tibetan Master with firsthand knowledge, and contact with, the Christ in question. The same Master also knew Jesus as an infant - if we are to believe the stories - as Gaspar, one of the three Magi. All of this, in addition to an earlier incarnation as Dharmajyoti, a direct bhikku of Shakyamuni Buddhi (predicted, incidentally, as becoming a Wise Teacher, or Arya, in a future life - which he did, as Arya Asanga, as well as in his current status as a High Initiate).

Now it is one thing to claim to believe in Rebirth, perhaps another even to have (or have had) direct memories of previous lives, or to know someone who has had such memories. I would say that every single esotericist I've ever met (excepting Thomas, here at C-R) definitely believes in Rebirth, or at least accepts that as a likely possibility.

Further, I have had my own memories of past lives, and have known plenty of other people (of varying religious or spiritual points of view) who have done likewise.

Why then, should I either doubt or disregard the testimony of one who has long ago mastered the phase of spiritual evolution which many of us are now undergoing? What I should do, in the very least, is question this testimony, and esoteric teachings, and ask - what might be their practical application to my life, and my current circumstances!

I will quote, because it is relevant to this thread, from something I was reading within the past 48 hours, on this subject. Among seven points of material never before taught before the release through Alice Bailey, the Tibetan Master provides point #7 as:
7. Teaching upon the new world religion, with its emphasis upon the three major Full Moon periods (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, falling usually in April, May and June respectively) and the nine (occasionally ten) minor Full Moons each year. This leads to a consequent relation being established between the work of the Christ and of the Buddha in the minds of spiritually inclined people everywhere, with the result of a great broadening of the human aspiration. This work is as yet embryonic, but it should receive increasing attention. Eventually it will demonstrate as the main linking unit between the East and the West, particularly if Shri Krishna is shown to be an earlier incarnation of the Lord of Love, the Christ. Thereby three major world religions—the Christian, the Hindu and the Buddhist—will be intimately related, whilst the Mahommedan faith will be found to be linked to the Christian faith because it embodies the work of the Master Jesus as He overshadowed one of His senior disciples, a very advanced initiate, Mahomet. -- The Rays and the Initiations
And from the same volume, there is also material given out about other World Teachers:
Vyasa—the original Vyasa, Who was the Great Individuality evoked by the invocation of the early animal-men—is still more than just a name, even though He has passed out of our planetary scheme millions of years ago. He opened a door into the human kingdom through His response to the animal kingdom in its higher invocative ranks; His work brought about the process known as individualisation. Down through the ages, these Sons of God have come, evoked by human invocation; in Their turn, They have invoked certain aspects of the divine nature, deeply hidden in mankind—all related hitherto to consciousness and to responsiveness of the part to the Whole. Eventually Hercules came forth and opened the door on to the Path of Discipleship, His work being preserved for us in the Twelve Labours of Hercules. These epitomised the various tests to which all disciples are subjected, prior to the various initiations. Shri Krishna came and opened the door through which mankind could pass to the Second Initiation. The Buddha, a still greater Figure, the One Who is known as the "Enlightened One," also came and demonstrated to humanity the nature of the Lighted Way, its revelations and its effects in consciousness. He enacted for us the supreme achievements of the mystic way. Then came the Christ and performed a triple work:

1. He opened the door to the third initiation.

2. He anchored on Earth "the Will of God in the matrix of love" (as it has been esoterically called).

3. He pointed the way through "the needle's eye" which gives entrance to the passage through the Pyramid (the symbol of the Spiritual Triad in this case. A.A.B.) which leads out on to the Way which terminates in Shamballa.

His work was of a major consummating nature; He demonstrated in Himself two divine aspects, thus giving "shape and substance to love"; this had been sequentially fostered by several preceding lesser World Saviours, of Whom Shri Krishna was the greatest.
So, these are my points, and some of the reasons I believe we're dealing with two manifestations (if not incarnations) of the same Spiritual Teacher, supported by some of the practical, esoteric teachings which I've studied.

Neemai, of course, made the same point in one, short sentence. ;)

~andrew

Neemai, of course, made the same point in one, short sentence. ;)

Lol! - Thanks Andrew, but I'm sure it's not true. It's always good to have the back-up detail.

"Hallelujah! Hare Krishna! Allah Akhbar!
God is one!" - Village of Peace

... Neemai :)

Back