IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!.... Nearly... Well, Might as well be.

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
UGH!!! Me first! Me first!!! *holds his arm in the air as high as he can*

I wanted to be the first to jump on the band wagon of christmas threads... Well, I have started the first, so I am not really jumping on any band wagon.... I am up front directing the band wagon.... Is it a band wagon? Have I got it wrong? Also why is it a band wagon? Are the band on it? If so, are the instruments? We going to need a few more wagons to jump on...

Anyway, Christmas... It isn't really christian, it isn't really pagan it isn't really whatever, it is just a mix of religions..... So I thought it be best here..... What you all got planned? Or planning? Come on people, there is only like what 40...ish days left?! Also not just plans what does it mean to you ;\ and what religion do you hail..... ALSO! Wait for it, how does it connect to your religion?

LOL My daughter noticed last Thursday night in the stores they were playing Christmas music. The day after Halloween!

Plans, they aren't finalized yet, but surely I'll have a yule log, a wreath, a tree, and decorations. There will be some eggnog, some hot toddies, some dancing, song and merriment. The family will gather to exchange gifts, eat a big meal. It will be a great solstice.

Add to that we'll be contemplating 'let the mind of Christ be in your mind' and the birth or rebirth in a consciousness of Christ in ourselves which should allow us to see the Christ in everyone, glad for the wagon, git along 17th pull it a little faster so more may come aboard!

peace and blessings of the season,

wil

But that is it in the material world.... Hmm ok costumes candy and pumpkins and so on have been sold over the roof nice... What can we do now to take people's money away? Oh christmas! Joy to the world! Every channel I turn on now has those christmas adverts.... Like the good ol' coke advert.... and just so many other adverts arming the children of the world with ammo to attack their parents! Good stuff! Rob um blind!

I remember as a kid… (was evil back in the day also) coming up with this lil scheme to kidnap Santa clause… I would fascinate myself every December with the notion… I had it all planned, heck I even had my demands ready…. *sighes* How I miss that childhood innocence….

So we covered here from the JW angle... via Mee... Christmas is a Pagan festival and because of this they will not celebrate it, or even partake in it with say such things as the symbol of the tree or exchanging gifts and so on.... Thanks for your post Mee. :)

It doesnt connect at all .................... i stick to bible truth :)
The giving of presents isn't connected with the wise men? Those that turn out in droves to provide blankets and food for the needy, work in soup connections has no connection at all? Honoring our children and teaching them about Jesus birth and life has no connection at all?:confused:

Interesting Wil..... One thing that kind of "flags up" in my head with that post... Do you -need- a certain time in the year to be so giving, willing and wishing to teach of the birth of christ? (which wasn't on christmas eve...) Or do we need to like make lists and creteria(sp I know lol) of good and bad? Or should you just be like that jan to dec?

I don't think there has to be a special time of the year to celebrate all these things, but because lots of other people are "in the mood" at Christmas it seems to be a good time to focus on that side of things. Giving gifts and going the extra mile to help people out.

A local greetings card company once sent a card to our temple in London which read "Happy Christmas, Happy Christmas, Christmas Christmas, Happy Happy etc...." (instead of Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna ...). It's the spirit of the season I think ;)

Personally I like that they put films on regarding Jesus's life at this time, or classics like "It's a Wonderful Life" - I'm sure it raises the general consciousness compared to the usual stuff? - as long as you don't get too distracted by the capitalist dream!

... Neemai :)

.. Do you -need- a certain time in the year to be so giving, willing and wishing to teach of the birth of christ? (which wasn't on christmas eve...) Or do we need to like make lists and creteria(sp I know lol) of good and bad? Or should you just be like that jan to dec?
I think the religious holidays are great to remind us what we are to be doing, it appears we all need annual reminders, more often even. No we sure don't need any lists, giving, caring, compassion should be without prejudice. Yes, to all year long.

"Happy Christmas, Happy Christmas, Christmas Christmas, Happy Happy etc...." (instead of Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna ...). It's the spirit of the season I think ;)
That is hilarious, ending with Happy New Year, Happy New Year, New Year, New Year, Happy Happy!

wow so even people of your path/way celebrate christmas?

You'd be surprised at how many Jews celebrate Christmas. Not in any religious manner, but just the festivity part, the trees, the presents, the family reunions, etc. Neil Diamond came out with a Christmas album some years ago, so go figure.

The giving of presents isn't connected with the wise men? Those that turn out in droves to provide blankets and food for the needy, work in soup connections has no connection at all? Honoring our children and teaching them about Jesus birth and life has no connection at all?:confused:
true true and true we dont need a christmas to do any of those things, its nice to give gifts to others any time of year , and to provide for the needy, and teaching our chrildren about the true God and his son Jesus christ inline with the bible is a command from the most high, 365 days a year . and there is no pagan beliefs insight. mixing true worship with false worship is a no no in the eyes of the most high. i am out of there .

You'd be surprised at how many Jews celebrate Christmas. Not in any religious manner, but just the festivity part, the trees, the presents, the family reunions, etc. Neil Diamond came out with a Christmas album some years ago, so go figure.

It's freaking crazy isn't it! So crazy we are going to put 'Jews' in Italics! lol... ;) Thanks for post Dondi! Informative indeed... Long time no see, I think... No yeah, you've been gone awhile wb.

I think the religious holidays are great to remind us what we are to be doing, it appears we all need annual reminders, more often even. No we sure don't need any lists, giving, caring, compassion should be without prejudice. Yes, to all year long.

I git it. We shouldn't need them but being what we are, we need them as a like a kick in the backside to get us going again....

true true and true we dont need a christmas to do any of those things, its nice to give gifts to others any time of year , and to provide for the needy, and teaching our chrildren about the true God and his son Jesus christ inline with the bible is a command from the most high, 365 days a year . and there is no pagan beliefs insight. mixing true worship with false worship is a no no in the eyes of the most high. i am out of there .
I disagree, I believe spirit would welcome any way that folks were turned on to the desire of connecting with G!d. Including Halloween, including Christmas, including Easter Bunnies, including parables, including story telling, and drum roll, including going door to door and spreading the word.
I git it. We shouldn't need them but being what we are, we need them as a like a kick in the backside to get us going again....
2 got it. I think the holiday kick is more akin to the peacock feather than the other kick that many of us get, yes?

I thought I'd make a christmas card for you all... So you can prop it dead centre on your mantle piece... Or fire place or somewhere in public view :D lol.....

mycard.png

wow so even people of your path/way celebrate christmas?

in many Vaishnava temples people will give talks regarding the example of Jesus' life around this time. The difference being that the stories are viewed from the perspective of Christ being a perfect devotee of God, or ideal person or Avatar, rather than the exclusive son of God. People from a western background especially will usually celebrate Christmas. Sometimes in India as well!

... Neemai :)

Back