Ouija Boards

El Greko

Reaction score
And I carry the reminders of every glove that hit
We could argue about ouija boards till armageddon, but the proof of
the pudding is in the eating.

A lot of folk have there own horror story about playing with them...

This is mine!

A guy at work played with one he did it on the company PC and was found out because it was finally spotted as a Favourite on his Explorer.

His manager, not a Christian, but concerned about it told him not to do it, too late as it had It triggered off a bizarre set of happenings which meant we lost a lot of staff. It was only at the end of the cycle of sackings etc that the manager put two and two together and told him not to do it ever again.

This is in approximate chronological order...with months as numbers

1, The ouija board player's immediate manager was quietly pensioned off for allegedly touching up a young girl employee in the same room.

2, Another employee had a stroke and was pensioned off

3, Another employee was caught allegedly stealing from the firm and
was suspended and never returned.

4, A key manager in the co-department had a complete nervous breakdown. If I told you the religious beliefs of his replacement who came from outside the firm you would never believe it!!

5, A close colleague of the ouija player suddenly developed visual problems went off sick, has never returned to work and suffers from whole body problems.

6, Finally the ouija board player left the company of his own free will, not ill, not sacked for a misdeamnor.

7, Everything has settled down since his departure.

I have worked for the company for many years and never known such an incredible turnabout in staff, many of those who 'left' had been there years.

ALL PURE COINCIDENCE!!!!

Sorry, El Grecko - this was such an interesting post I took the liberty of removing it from the original "Power of Magick" thread, and have set it up as the starter of a new thread on the subject of "Ouija Boards".

Hope you don't mind. :)

Just to add that the ouija players first boss had been very bitter against all faiths and so perhaps was more vulnerable to enemy action!

It was his number two, who took over when he was "removed" who caught the guy after finding his internet favourites as a ouija board site and confronted him and banned him from using it again.

The promoted number two is not a Chrisitian, but his spiritual eyes have been opened as he was very much into Tai Chi, the oriental mystical movement based practice, similiar in many aspects to Yoga.

A few months later the ouija player left - I continue to pray for his release from spirit bondage as the fact that he sky-dives regularly gives me concerns for his safety!!!

Last edited:
Quija and Al Qaeda

El Greko said:
Just to add that the ouija players first boss had been very bitter against all faiths and so perhaps was more vulnerable to enemy action!

It was his number two, who took over when he was "removed" who caught the guy after finding his internet favourites as a ouija board site and confronted him and banned him from using it again.

The promoted number two is not a Chrisitian, but his spiritual eyes have been opened as he was very much into Tai Chi, the oriental mystical movement based practice, similiar in many aspects to Yoga.

A few months later the ouija player left - I continue to pray for his release from spirit bondage as the fact that he sky-dives regularly gives me concerns for his safety!!!

Hope you don't mind, but this is the child in me. Yet, the Good Book tells us that from the mouths of infants wisdom.

My suggestion: Introduce the Quija Board to the Al Qaeda, and it will self-implode. Cheapest way of getting rid of the terrorist organization or what is also called a militant one.

Just for comic relief, if I may.

Susma Rio Sep

Namaste all,

i stand to be corrected by more knowledgable posters than myself on this issue...

you know... it's amazing to me, really, how much is attributed to the Ouija board. incidently, it's name comes from Oui which is "yes" in French and Ja which is 'yes' in German.

so.. the YesYes board is supposed to be this magical device that allows one to only conjure bad spirits, at least that is what one is lead to believe by many people that have used one.

there are many problems with this.. firstly, this would be a magikal device the likes of which Crowley and Parsons wouldn't have been able to produce. not that they are the yardsticks, as it were, but they are good reference material. further, this would seem to indicate that Parker Bros are probably not confining their conjuring talisman skills to the Ouija board... why not Monopoly and Risk as well? those games have lots more players.

i've other arguments that i could make here, however, what i think it boils down to is that most folks don't know how magik and the like work and thus mistakenly attribute it to the happenstance of the circumstance of using a Ouija board.

Vajradhara said:
Namaste all,
<snip>
so.. the YesYes board is supposed to be this magical device that allows one to only conjure bad spirits, at least that is what one is lead to believe by many people that have used one.
<snip>
i've other arguments that i could make here, however, what i think it boils down to is that most folks don't know how magik and the like work and thus mistakenly attribute it to the happenstance of the circumstance of using a Ouija board.

My personal belief, having heard some interesting tales from friends of mine who had to do a clean up after an "ouija disaster" (poltergeists, and other things going bump in the walls), is that *in itself* the Ouija board is harmless. So's a crystal, or a knife. It's when it's used by someone that things can happen. During a Risk game, the intent is not to breach the barrier to the non-material world, so nothing much happens (at least not there - dice rolls, however... but that's another topic entirely). However, the purpose of someone using the Ouija board is to (even in jest) contact and make a pathway for some entity outside the "normal world". Belief makes it so, the pathway opens up, and since most Ouija users are *not* trained magic workers, you get the kiddies and matches effect. Some/most of the time, nothing much happens - the match fizzles, or pretty flame for a second or so and it self-extinguishes. Sometimes, it's not as smooth - and hence the horror stories - something malignant uses the open path, and starts having fun (doesn't even have to be actively malignant - just playful, and all sorts of fun arises).

Namaste bruce,

i agree with you. what i find interesting is the attribution of this phenomena to the Ouija board itself and not to the other powers that "go bump in the night."

the Ouija board, in and of itself, can do nothing.. it's not like there are lots of malevolent spirits running around Toys "r" Us.... though if you are a parent, perhaps it appears that way :)

the magik of this is being worked by the mind if the individuals, not by the Ouija board. this is the point that i try to make when discussing this topic with others if they have an interest in the subject.

quite often, however, it seems that if a person can assign blame to another or, better yet, something inanimate, they will do that very thing and mistakenly attribute their own doing to it.

Lol, yeah there are malevolent spirits running around Toys R Us, they're called children crying 'I want!'
I do not have a good opinion of the Ouija Board. Never used it, just heard many tales where tragic events have followed, seemingly coincidental. The events that El Greko mention are typical of those I have heard.
There is much that surrounds us in the shadows, good and bad. I feel that it is the bad that connects with the Ouija board and they answer and connect with those who 'play' with the board, thus bringing them upon our plane and into our lives. And when I say play, I mean those who have no training, no respect for what is out there and literally just use the board for entertainment purposes.
Spirits can lie and cheat. And it may not just be spirits that are accessed through the board, it can be any being that needs a 'gateway' onto this plane.
I have often felt that if a loved one wished to pass on a message they will do so voluntarily, no aids will be necessary.

Why do you think that ouija boards are such a portal to the spirit world, I know it is the board thats evil in itself it is just a board just like a chess board.

But why is it that using the board seems to 'work' or could you get the same kind of thing with cards, as yet I have never heard of tarot cards playing that leads to an immedite entry to the scary world of evil.

I don't believe the boards are evil, but how is it they seem to "work" for want of a better word?

I really don't know where this information comes from within myself. It is something that has always been there, even before of the tales and unfortunately experiences that I have had with what can only be described as wicked spirits that were brought down to this plane via the board.
I agree that the board in itself is blameless, it is when we mess with things that we don't have an understanding with that things very often go wrong and that's when the Ouija and playing with spirits and unseen forces go hand in hand. It isn't only the Ouija that can be blamed for bringing these forces onto the earthly living plane. By inviting these things in (calling them forth without understanding what is being called) a portal of such is created (remember this is merely my opinion). There are many things that reside in the shadowlands desperate for living/human contact of sorts for whatever reason, be it basically energy with which to survive further. Who knows? There are many things upon heaven and earth that we do not understand.
I think these things work simply by calling upon the shadowlands, and by calling upon the spirits a portal/opening is created.These things are invited onto our plane and by being invited a portal/opening of such is created. Why the evil is brought forth by the unwitting who play for a fright (usually teenagers) I do not know. Those who play with the board with such purposes do not play with malicious intent. And those who play so innocently believe that the spirits can't lie. Those who come voluntarily (without the requirement of any tools) very rarely lie but not those that are called out of the shadowlands. Maybe the, let's say, evil beings are the ones who are the most desperate to connect with the living are the first to hear the calling of those who use the board unwittingly and come forth without hesitation.
The tarot. Aah, now there can be many takes on that one. Some people actually see the tarot as evil and there are many superstitions associated with the cards. Those who use the Tarot know that the cards guide and no more. The future is not set. No spirit is called upon for a reading and this may be the difference. In the use of the Ouija, spirits are called upon, and it is often assumed that the spirits know what is to come and that they never lie. That is not true. There is also the fact that good mediums/readers of the Tarot or any other fortune telling device that if the reader sees bad they will not reveal what they have seen, they will simply close the reading. They do this in the belief that if a person receives a dreadful forecast that they will live to fulfill it! The 'messages' from the Ouija aren't taken as such and the 'readers' are not so kind.

Business idea

Those of us who dabble in the Ouija Board, here is something you can try. I think it will be most interesting and intriguing and instructive.

But first you must be a robust person, capable of exerting more muscular force with your fingers than ordinary people. Or choose participants at Ouija Board sessions who are certainly not as strong as you are, not as big as you are. Get girls or guys smaller than you.

Without telling anyone among your partners, you surreptitiously but firmly move the planchette to letters and numbers you choose.

See if there is any resistance to your movements; if there is any, then exert even stronger force to overcome the resistance. I think you will prevail to move the planchette to whatever letters and numbers you choose.

Make sure that the letters and numbers you choose to push the planchette to spell favorable answers to questions asked by participants in the exercise, or at least innocuous.

For example, to the question: "Is so in so in heaven or hell," push the planchette to spell out the letters: G O D I S M E R C Y.

You can even go into business with your peculiar talent, once you have developed this secret skill.

What about myself?

If I have no livelihood, I might consider this kind of a revenue earning service, seeing that it will be a source of comfort and encouragement to others, what with my answers which are generally and vaguely favorable and essentially non-committal.

You can even do with just two answers, but in unlimited variations:

G O D I S M E R C Y, or alternatively, P R A Y.

Try the suggestion, and let me know how it works out.

Susma Rio Sep

Rio, I think you are doing me out of a job, you cannot be serious, as a tennis player once famously remarked.

If a believer really took up what you are saying then I do hope a spirit springs out and bites him or her on the buttocks.

This is so dangerous, please Rio, tell us its your wicked sense of humour?

I was thinking something along those lines, El Greko. It is the likes of these antics that give real mediums a bad name and furthers the belief that the Ouija board is nothing more than a harmless parlour game

Very serious suggestion

From Greko and Suanni:

(Greko) Rio, I think you are doing me out of a job, you cannot be serious, as a tennis player once famously remarked.

If a believer really took up what you are saying then I do hope a spirit springs out and bites him or her on the buttocks.

This is so dangerous, please Rio, tell us its your wicked sense of humour?

---------------------------

(Suanni) I was thinking something along those lines, El Greko. It is the likes of these antics that give real mediums a bad name and furthers the belief that the Ouija board is nothing more than a harmless parlour game

I have a serious suggestion, but I don't really insist that people try it, except for dabblers in Ouija Board. When any spirit should spring out and bite you on the buttocks, bite him back; better, give him a kiss of peace with the blessings of Jesus:

Jesus bless you, my fellow creature of God Father. Keep quiet, and let me go about bringing trust in God's mercy and the power of prayer among my own kind, making a legitimate earning in the process. We'll talk theology, later, if you want. Now, in the name of sweet Jesus, keep quiet."

About giving mediums a bad name, I don't think their name can be any worse; besides, they don't have a patent in this country on Ouija Boards, they can keep to their own kinds of seances. As regards Ouija being a parlor game, I don't see any good reasons why we can't mix game with business here, and spread some Christian comfort and encouragement around.

As I said, my suggestion is very serious, but I don't insist that people should act on it; unless you are already into Quija -- might as well do some good, spreading trust in God's mercy and in the power of prayer. But remember, follow my instructions faithfully. And I forgot to add: Prepare yourself first with prayers and invocations of Jesus' sweet name, before you proceed to the exercise.

Here again, my serious suggestion, (but I am not insisting.... etc.):

Those of us who dabble in the Ouija Board, here is something you can try. I think it will be most interesting and intriguing and instructive.

But first you must be a robust person, capable of exerting more muscular force with your fingers than ordinary people. Or choose participants at Ouija Board sessions who are certainly not as strong as you are, not as big as you are. Get girls or guys smaller than you.

Without telling anyone among your partners, you surreptitiously but firmly move the planchette to letters and numbers you choose.

See if there is any resistance to your movements; if there is any, then exert even stronger force to overcome the resistance. I think you will prevail to move the planchette to whatever letters and numbers you choose.

Make sure that the letters and numbers you choose to push the planchette to spell favorable answers to questions asked by participants in the exercise, or at least innocuous.

For example, to the question: "Is so in so in heaven or hell," push the planchette to spell out the letters: G O D I S M E R C Y.

You can even go into business with your peculiar talent, once you have developed this secret skill.

What about myself?

If I have no livelihood, I might consider this kind of a revenue earning service, seeing that it will be a source of comfort and encouragement to others, what with my answers which are generally and vaguely favorable and essentially non-committal.

You can even do with just two answers, but in unlimited variations:

G O D I S M E R C Y, or alternatively, P R A Y.

Try the suggestion, and let me know how it works out.

What did St. Paul say about not being bothered with motivations of preachers as long as Jesus is preached; or I might add: trust in God's mercy and the power of prayer.

Susma Rio Sep

***Moderator Warning***
Please remember that this is an interfaith messageboard. All participants are expected to read and abide by the Code of Conduct posted in the News section (direct link to that thread is here.)

We encourage all participants to share the perspectives of their own religious paths, and to express their own opinions freely. It is acceptable to disagree on topics. However, we also expect all participants to be respectful of other religious paths and differing opinions. We discourage messages which are condescending of other paths, or which belittle other paths, or which are clearly inflammatory towards other paths or points of view.

Please also attempt to follow standard email and messageboard etiquette by not copying and pasting whole posts (especially your own) to repeat them in the same thread. It wastes space and the repetition of material does not further the discussion.
***End Moderator Warning***

a story!

a friend of mine told me this story about a Quija board experience he had, i barely remember how we started talking about it but the original topic was kabbahlism..

Well, a few years back me and a few friends decided to try it out. So
we

bought a board, decided to have fun with it so we set up all the spooky
lighting and **** with the candles and all. And flowers, lol. Everyone
was
sitting around in these stupid meditational lotus positions going
'hummmmm' saying that it would help. Lol, clueless *****, it was
hilarious.

So you're supposed to think of this white energy light and crazy type
and make sure that none of us were thinking negative thoughts and
stuff.

And so on...I don't even remember the exact instructions as I was one
ofthe observers (supposed to write down what it was gonna write) since my
clearest memory was the second the indicator actually moved.
So one of the guys decided to have a bright idea and ask it a
personal detail that no one could know. So he asks and we're waiting and he asks
again (which apparently you're not supposed to do, but who gave a
stuff)

and then after a short while, not long, like a minute or so, the ****er
moved. I tell you, it's weird when stuff moves by itself and you know
that no
one is pulling it by a string or something. Table was flat and all,
everyone
was in on it so I don't think it was a scam. I swear, I promptly shat
myself,
and it looked like everyone else did too. It took nearly half a minute
for it to
sink in (the guy who asked the question was staring, he looked like a
sheet and his eyes were popping out, oh god I wish you coulda seen
it..)

and then I just got the hell outta there. About one second later nearly
everyone else was too, except for a couple of hard nuts who had to be
tough, but they didn't last much longer. And the guy who asked the
question (he stayed in with the other two, I think he was frozen to the
spot
poor guy) never told us what it spelt. But until the point where I ran
it
basically started moving around and spelling **** by itself out of the
blue.
Very freaky indeed. We stared at eachother for a minute and then just
cracked up and couldn't stop laughing for nearly ten minutes. Trying to
get
it out of our system I guess.

No-one went back in until the next day and even then we were like
peeking
through the door opening a crack. Eventually we just went in - it was
on

the letter M - and packed it up and left it at that.

btw this guy isnt "crazy" or "wierd" or anything, hes actually pretty intelligent and hes a jew so yknow hes studied alot of that crazy jewish crazyness since he was a kid, just sayin..hes on the ball!

just another Quija story anyhow.. i personally have never even seen one since i was never into the whole 'magic' thing, i just always thought the people who did get into it were scary enough by the way they dressed..

amitabha

The Ouija board is just a tool and like all tools can be used for a wide range of purposes. I am very hesitant (after 20+ years studying occult topics) to give any credence to stories that bad things were unleashed by using a Ouija board or any other tool. Sure, people can use the tool to impress the gullible by actively cheating. The cheating and gullibility are the real things to be concerned about, rather than the props used to do the deed.

There are other occult tools that work pretty much on the same principles as the Ouija board. Pendulums and dowsing, for instance, also work by someone holding an object which moves to provide information which the person holding it thinks is coming from somewhere else (but is very likely to be coming from their own subconscious.) I find it sort of funny that people are so quick to say "that Ouija board, it's EEEVILLLL!" yet they would be looked at rather odd if they made the same claim about pendulums or dowsing rods. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there aren't any horror movies out there where an unsuspecting person unleashes invisible horrors by using a pendulum or by dowsing.

Because things like the Ouija board rely on participants holding the device for it to work it's extremely likely that any info which comes through it was already known by one of the participants. I'm not aware of any cases where new information came through which was verified later. (If anyone can point to this type of information I'd love to hear it.) It's always stuff that the participants already knew although they might not have been thinking about it consciously, or is made-up stuff or impossible-to-verify stuff that the participants expect.

People who want to try out these types of divination tools, whether the Ouija board or pendulums or whatever, who are concerned about the "safety" of it, can always do whatever protection routines they prefer like casting a circle, saying a prayer, or wearing holy protective charms before starting the experiment. Keep in mind though that anything you learn from a Ouija board or a pendulum or dowsing methods will be highly unlikely to do anything except confirm what you already know. It is helpful to bring out things you might have been avoiding, but it's still not really new information. And since it's stuff you already know it's highly unlikely that you'll get any information that will really challenge your worldview. If you're Christian, for instance, I highly doubt it will start extolling the virtues of Shintoism unless one of the participants already knows something about it.

As a Wiccan, if I were to engage in a Ouija session with some friends and the board started preaching Christian messages at me, I'd confront the participants to find out who was the one who was trying to convert us all? It tells me more about what is on the minds of the participants than anything about a potential unseen world.

bgruagach said:
I'm not aware of any cases where new information came through which was verified later. (If anyone can point to this type of information I'd love to hear it.) It's always stuff that the participants already knew although they might not have been thinking about it consciously, or is made-up stuff or impossible-to-verify stuff that the participants expect.
30 some years ago, my family had one and we used to have alot of fun with it. Lot's of strange occurrances. All in good fun. My aunt then must have had a bad experience and warned everyone to dispose of them. Which my mother did.

But in reference to the above comment. One time, I'm not sure who we were talking to, they told us that there was a treasure in the 3rd step of a pyramid in the Yucatan, the treasure consisted of burnt books and golden idols, but then it said beware of headhunters. We used to joke about going to the Yucatan and looking for this supposed treasure, but we were scared of the headhunters :D . A few years ago there was a National Geographic program on tv which I was just kind of half listening to, but I heard them say that a treasure had been discovered in a pyramid in the Yucatan, consisting of burnt books and golden idols. Needless to say I was shocked.

I haven't played with a oujia board since i was a kid. And I have no intention of trying it again, but I have fond memories of the times we spent with it.

Loving Greetings, Harmony

RE: Unknown information coming through a Ouija board to be later verified

9Harmony said:
A few years ago there was a National Geographic program on tv which I was just kind of half listening to, but I heard them say that a treasure had been discovered in a pyramid in the Yucatan, consisting of burnt books and golden idols. Needless to say I was shocked.

That is quite an interesting story although I have to admit it doesn't really convince me. I can make predictions now about finding interesting things at archeological sites around the world (like saying "writing will be discovered" or "precious stones will be discovered" or "religious artifacts will be discovered") and chances are very high that it will be true. No special knowledge is required.

A better proof would be for a spirit to come through and provide its name and some details about where it lived and when. This sort of information could be verified. But even this proof can be questionable if the name is very common and nothing more than a good guess.

Back