Guidance

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Received in an email, I searched the web to find anyone who identified an author, the only one's I found were listed as anonymous. You know I don't know if anonymous wrote this or not, but anonymous writes a lot of good stuff.

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing the word "dance" at the end of it.

I remembered reading somewhere that following God's leading in life is a lot like dancing. Nothing feels right when there are two people trying to lead. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything becomes uncomfortable and jerky.

Upon realizing the problem, and when one lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One person gives gentle cues to the other, perhaps by a nudge to the back or pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two people become one body, moving beautifully.

To enjoy the dance takes surrender, willingness, and full attentiveness from one person, combined with gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back again to the word Guidance. When I saw the letter "G:" I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i" . . . God, "u" and "i" dance . . . God, you and I dance!

I lowered my head as I came to understand that I would get spiritual guidance if I became willing to let God lead my life.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies will be upon you this day and everyday. May you abide in God as God abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting Him to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.

Prayer is powerful. It's one of the best gifts we can receive from someone. There is no cost to pray, but there are great rewards; so let's continue to pray for one another.

And I Hope You Dance!

Received in an email, I searched the web to find anyone who identified an author, the only one's I found were listed as anonymous. You know I don't know if anonymous wrote this or not, but anonymous writes a lot of good stuff.

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing the word "dance" at the end of it.

I remembered reading somewhere that following God's leading in life is a lot like dancing. Nothing feels right when there are two people trying to lead. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything becomes uncomfortable and jerky.

Upon realizing the problem, and when one lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One person gives gentle cues to the other, perhaps by a nudge to the back or pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two people become one body, moving beautifully.

To enjoy the dance takes surrender, willingness, and full attentiveness from one person, combined with gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back again to the word Guidance. When I saw the letter "G:" I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i" . . . God, "u" and "i" dance . . . God, you and I dance!

I lowered my head as I came to understand that I would get spiritual guidance if I became willing to let God lead my life.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies will be upon you this day and everyday. May you abide in God as God abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting Him to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.

Prayer is powerful. It's one of the best gifts we can receive from someone. There is no cost to pray, but there are great rewards; so let's continue to pray for one another.

And I Hope You Dance!

That is great wil, thank you for posting it. I've long thought that our relationship with God, how we hear and respond to Him, is a dance. Who leads, who follows? When you're dancing well the difference is imperceptible.

Think I'll share this one with my theological reflection class.

Back