Music From God

James,

I just checked out that website and you're right...the music is incredibly beautiful and seems to "resonate" on a very deep level. I'm strongly tempted to order the CD.

The main site devoted to biblical Hebrew is also fascinating, and I ended up spending a lot more time there than I intended to!

Center for Biblical Hebrew Home

I was under the impression Pythagoras was a Greek, though...

--Linda

James,

I just checked out that website and you're right...the music is incredibly beautiful and seems to "resonate" on a very deep level. I'm strongly tempted to order the CD.

The main site devoted to biblical Hebrew is also fascinating, and I ended up spending a lot more time there than I intended to!

Center for Biblical Hebrew Home

I was under the impression Pythagoras was a Greek, though...

--Linda

I'm strongly tempted to get the CD, myself. The music is beautiful [imo]. What/who is Pythagoras? :eek: [I'm clueless] This site has intrigued me so much, I believe that I will try to learn the Hebrew language. There is too much beauty this language not to, ya know? Well, I think so, but that's just me, lol. :p

Love,

James

James,

Here's a link to the Wikipedia article on Pythagoras:

Pythagoras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Excerpt from the article:

We do know that Pythagoras and his students believed that everything was related to mathematics and that numbers were the ultimate reality and, through mathematics, everything could be predicted and measured in rhythmic patterns or cycles. According to Iamblichus, Pythagoras once said that "number is the ruler of forms and ideas and the cause of gods and demons."oras and his students believed that everything was related to mathematics and that numbers were the ultimate reality and, through mathematics, everything could be predicted and measured in rhythmic patterns or cycles. According to Iamblichus, Pythagoras once said that "number is the ruler of forms and ideas and the cause of gods and demons."

Aside from the Pythagorean theorem, he is especially famous for his belief the underlying mathematical "structure" of both art and music are what give them their power to move us, and that what we call aesthetics is not accidental but predictable, because these relationships are the foundation of the universe.

I see an organic connection between Pythagoras and the Jewish mystical (kabbalistic) idea that the universe was created through the power of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet, each of which also has a numerical value.

So when I said, "I thought Pythagoras was a Greek" it was kind of an inside joke, but I didn't mean for it to be THAT inside! Sorry if it was a little too esoteric to be comprehensible.

--Linda

Linda, Linda...why do you tantalize me so? You know I have a thing for Pythagoras! I wrote a couple of decent posts on the subject of connection between The Music of the Spheres and the Cosmic Logos. It was on one of Juan's threads in B and S, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. Or maybe it was Thomas. Crap, I just don't recall.

Chris

Linda, Linda...why do you tantalize me so? You know I have a thing for Pythagoras!

Chris,

Aha...I was hoping I could get you interested! It just so happens that this guy Uri Harel is in Phoenix, so it would be easy enough for you to check him out for yourself. He has a regular lecture thing going on Monday nights, so maybe you could do a field trip and give us your first-hand impressions?

I guess I should warn you that Uri Harel and his wife are both Chabad members, but his organization is in no way connected with Chabad and they have many gentile students. That's one good thing about I'll say about Chabad Lubavich, for all that I bitch about their ultra-orthodoxy and general hardnosed stubbornness on their home turf. They are famous for empowering individuals for specific forms of outreach to the community, Jewish and otherwise. They can be amazingly creative and--dare I say it?--unorthodox in their approach too.

I wrote a couple of decent posts on the subject of connection between The Music of the Spheres and the Cosmic Logos. It was on one of Juan's threads in B and S, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one.

I think you mean the Interfaith board on *P Internet. I have an old thread bookmarked on the Wayback Machine for personal reasons. I thought it would be next to impossible to track it down, but I managed to find it in just a few minutes. I'll seen if I can find the thread the you're talking about and send it to you.

The psalms were written as magical incantations of healing and protection, although not too many people are aware of this. So if there actually was a homegrown system of correspondence between the Hebrew alphabet and the musical scale--and I don't know why there WOULDN'T be--it stands to reason it would have been used in the psalms.

--Linda

Linda, Linda...why do you tantalize me so? You know I have a thing for Pythagoras! I wrote a couple of decent posts on the subject of connection between The Music of the Spheres and the Cosmic Logos. It was on one of Juan's threads in B and S, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. Or maybe it was Thomas. Crap, I just don't recall.

Chris
This thread, Chris?

That's the one SG! That was a fun little conversation. Re reading that made me miss Deb even more. She liked all that early seventies singer-songwriter music that I like.

Chris

If you like stuff like this: daath_star_metatron_cube.gif
Check out this link:Metatron's Cube and the Merkavah Star

Chris

Chris,

Sacred geometry...that got my attention immediately as you might have known. Thank you for posting that...it's beautiful!

--Linda

Back