New Planets

brianlove84

Reaction score
They had a thing on msn, that proved that other systems that have the same basic make up of our Sun, does contain life forms. The only question is now, how to we get there or see them???

Brian
Fontana

They had a thing on msn, that proved that other systems that have the same basic make up of our Sun, does contain life forms. The only question is now, how to we get there or see them???

Brian
Fontana
That's not the only question: try this one:
What kind of proof?

I don't think they've proved life forms yet.

When they found their first 'solar system' their first planet they were enthralled, thought it fairly unique, but when they studied the system by
which they found it and applied it across the board they are now finding
new planets in an incredible fury.

Then they have this perfect zone criteria, looking for certain temperatures, rotatations, spins, tilts that indicate something similar to earth and the availability for life to form.

My favorite planets they've found to date are the fuzzy ones. Completely see through all gas. That is one of the main criteria for the development of life in their book right now...a solid surface and an atmosphere, not just one or the other.

The thought is also expanding as to what life might be like. We being carbon based doesn't mean all life must be. Finding life both in the ice of the antarctic, and the heat of voclanic plumes of ocean trenches we are expanding our thoughts regarding temperature as well.

Interesting times.

Originally they could only discover really big planets (like jupiter) and I think they ar up to something like 175 found. But lately they discovered the first system which appears to have planets like ours in the correct orbit to be ABLE to support life as we know it. The method used is going to enable us to discover many more.

However to get there we need to bend the laws of physics or invent new ones (which is actually happening so dont lose hope)

I think Brianlove84 may be referring to this weeks press releases based on observations made by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope that suggests that upward of 60% of Sun-like stars in the Milky Way host rocky planets in fairly close orbit, just like the Sun. The release was by the AAAS at their annual meeting in Boston on Sunday but I have been unable yet to get more detail or a link to the actual release.

Tao

However to get there we need to bend the laws of physics or invent new ones (which is actually happening so dont lose hope)
teehee, so funny, like before Newton there was no gravity...

Do we ever invent new laws or just discover what was infront of our face?

Back