did the earth move for you?

M

mee

1 o clock in the morning an earthquake was felt over most of England , i woke up and the whole house was shaking , but no damage i am glad to say , the news says it was 5.2 on the scale . did anyone else feel the earth move for them :)

think you should add more detail to why you are putting this thread here, because of what was said to come right? Revelation? Just someone else might get confused and put this in the news thread.. :)
not sure what you mean :confused: there is no more detail the whole house shock at 1 o clock in the morning and the news said it was an earthquake .

Well we have a thread here about the world moving... It's in the Christian boards.... You are here! We have ears that are willing to listen.... You'd Love to right? You seem fired up.. Go for it! :)

Jesus prophesied that "the conclusion of the system of things" would be marked by "earthquakes in one place after another," and, according to Luke’s account, "great earthquakes." (Matthew 24:3, 7; Luke 21:11) Not that the one in England was a great one , but it is all part of the signs that Jesus mentioned. along with all the other signs

You'd Love to right? You seem fired up.. Go for it! :)
well i am full to the brim with good healthy spiritual food and i really dont like keeping it all to myself:)

thats because i have a good food source and it comes from those that Jesus is feeding in a spiritual way matthew 24;45-47

I lived in Nevada/California for years and I rather enjoy mild eartquakes.

It beats the alternative.

As I understand it we have about the same amount of earthquakes every year. Magnitude and number are the equalling out factors. ie we have a lot of little ones or a few big ones, and some mix in the middle. 150,000 quakes a year, tectonic plates are moving, something has to give. Much preferable to have a multitude of little ones than to have wait have it build up and experience the same amount of shift in one big one.

No upsurge in quakes over the years, no revelation experience going on, this area gets shook up infrequently compared to some hot spots, but it does receive the occasional chiropractic adjustment.

In Nevada, in elementary school we were taught to crawl under our desks. More often than not it was only the teacher under her desk, the rest of us would watch everything rattle and vibrate around on shelves and the pendant flourescent lights sway.

Living on the east coast near DC, I deal with humidity, hurricanes, poison ivy, and politicians. I'd prefer earthquakes, rattlesnakes, black plague, and scorpions of Nevada over these anyday.

;) Good to hear, eat up then!:D
full to the brim better give it out a bit :) are you ready

Earthquakes,
Bible Prophecy, and You

BEFORE his death, Jesus foretold events and situations that would give evidence that this world had entered "the conclusion of the system of things." That period, he said, would be marked by such things as pestilences, food shortages, and large-scale warfare. He also mentioned "great earthquakes" that would occur "in one place after another." (Matthew 24:3, 7; Luke 21:10, 11) Was Jesus referring to our day?

Note, though, that the fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy does not require an increase in the number or power of earthquakes. All Jesus said was that there would be great earthquakes in one place after another. Furthermore, he stated that these events would mark the "beginning of pangs of distress." (Matthew 24:8) Distress is measured, not by the number of earthquakes or how they rate on the Richter scale, but by the effect that they have upon people.

Note, though, that the fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy does not require an increase in the number or power of earthquakes. All Jesus said was that there would be great earthquakes in one place after another. Furthermore, he stated that these events would mark the "beginning of pangs of distress." (Matthew 24:8) Distress is measured, not by the number of earthquakes or how they rate on the Richter scale, but by the effect that they have upon people.
Namaste mee,

So Jesus said there would be great earthquakes in one place after another, but not an increase of magnitude or frequency.

How is that different than saying the moon will rise?

And why when there is some natural disaster like and earthquake do the doomsayers, end of the worlders, and the like all come out of the wood work dancing "I told you so!", only for the past 2,000 years to have to retreat to their burrows until the next opportunity to dance?

Namaste mee,

So Jesus said there would be great earthquakes in one place after another, but not an increase of magnitude or frequency.

How is that different than saying the moon will rise?

And why when there is some natural disaster like and earthquake do the doomsayers, end of the worlders, and the like all come out of the wood work dancing "I told you so!", only for the past 2,000 years to have to retreat to their burrows until the next opportunity to dance?

in the last days which we are in now , when a great earthquake happens it does bring distress to many , among all the other signs of the times .
its a composite sign. and its all happening in the time of the end .

but along with all the bad news there is some GOODNEWS going on as well . matthew 24;14

Distress is measured, not by the number of earthquakes or how they rate on the Richter scale, but by the effect that they have upon people.
in the last days which we are in now , when a great earthquake happens it does bring distress to many
Interestingly enough 99% of the world would have had zero distress about this current earthquake, or the last one, or the tsunami in indonesia, or the hurricanes and flood in New Orleans, or the fires or mudslides in California...we would have had zero stress 100 years ago, as we would have never known about them.

It is do the instant and available media around the world. Television and the internet and reporters at every scene of every disaster that brings it to the forfront of our mind.

So we haven't had an increased frequency and you are indicating that biblical prophecy predicted the media frenzy which translates to our distress at these moments?

Interesting.

Interestingly enough 99% of the world would have had zero distress about this current earthquake, or the last one, or the tsunami in indonesia, or the hurricanes and flood in New Orleans, or the fires or mudslides in California...we would have had zero stress 100 years ago, as we would have never known about them.

It is do the instant and available media around the world. Television and the internet and reporters at every scene of every disaster that brings it to the forfront of our mind.

So we haven't had an increased frequency and you are indicating that biblical prophecy predicted the media frenzy which translates to our distress at these moments?

Interesting.

we live very close togeather now, and there are more people around than years ago . so more problems

we live very close togeather now, and there are more people around than years ago . so more problems
our close proximity would not have gotten folks in England or the US excited about the Tsuanami in Asia.

Nor would it have meant that I heard about the earthquake in England before I midnight even though it occured at 1:00 a.m.! (gotta love the international clock)

MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS OF THE LAST DAYS

"Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom." (Matthew 24:7) Millions of people have been killed in wars during the past century. One British historian wrote: "The 20th century was the most murderous in recorded history. . . . It was a century of almost unbroken war, with few and brief periods without organised armed conflict somewhere." A report from the Worldwatch Institute states: "Three times as many people fell victim to war in [the 20th] century as in all the wars from the first century AD to 1899." More than 100 million people have died as a result of wars since 1914. Even if we know the sorrow of losing one loved one in warfare, we can only imagine such misery and pain multiplied millions of times over.

"There will be food shortages." (Matthew 24:7) Researchers say that food production has increased greatly during the past 30 years. Nevertheless, food shortages continue because many people do not have enough money to buy food or land on which to raise crops. In developing countries, well over a billion people have to live on an income of a dollar or less a day. The majority of these suffer from chronic hunger. The World Health Organization estimates that malnutrition plays a major role in the deaths of more than five million children each year.

"There will be great earthquakes." (Luke 21:11) According to the U.S. Geological Survey, since 1990 alone an average of 17 earthquakes per year have been powerful enough to damage buildings and crack the ground. And on an average, earthquakes strong enough to cause total destruction of buildings have occurred yearly. Another source states: "Earthquakes have claimed hundreds of thousands of lives in the last 100 years and improvements in technology have only slightly reduced the death toll."

"There will be . . . pestilences." (Luke 21:11) Despite medical advances, old and new diseases plague mankind. One report says that 20 well-known diseases—including tuberculosis, malaria, and cholera—have become more common in recent decades, and some types of disease are increasingly difficult to cure by means of drugs. In fact, at least 30 new diseases have appeared. Some of them have no known cure and are fatal.

MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS OF THE LAST DAYS "Three times as many people fell victim to war in [the 20th] century as in all the wars from the first century AD to 1899." More than 100 million people have died as a result of wars since 1914.
As far as percentages of total world population, I'd bet last century was not near the top, and simple math tells us every year it will increase unless we stop wars.
The World Health Organization estimates that malnutrition plays a major role in the deaths of more than five million children each year.
Again, that is terrible, yet it is sensationalistic, as a percentage we feed more than we ever have, and humantiarian aid from across the globe is at an all time high
"There will be great earthquakes." (Luke 21:11) According to the U.S. Geological Survey, since 1990 alone an average of 17 earthquakes per year have been powerful enough to damage buildings and crack the ground.
absolutely useless data that is less than one a year, what has been the average since Jesus?
One report says that 20 well-known diseases—including tuberculosis, malaria, and cholera—have become more common in recent decades
One report, One British Historian, Researchers say...it all reminds me of standing in the supermarket reading the headlines of the scandal rags. They all reference 'one report' and 'an expert says' immediately followed by two headed alien confirmed registered at elementary school, page 5.

Thank you ever so much for providing yet another cut and paste from doom and gloom incorporated.

Thank you ever so much for providing yet another cut and paste from doom and gloom incorporated.
Yes we really are living in the last days since 1914 and the signs of the times are upon us.... but the GOODNEWS is also going on and it is GOODNEWS indeed matthew 24;14

its good to know that all of the bad signs that are happening on a worldwide scale will become a thing of the past .

and it will all happen because of GODS KINGDOM that will bring peace to the earth .
no more war,
no more famine,
no more critical times hard to deal with,
and no more sickness .:) but the question is ... HOW ARE WE RESPONDING TO THE GOODNEWS ?

Back