"Little Mosque on the Prairie"?

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
I get a regular news feed on mention of any news stories Baha'i and found this story about a Canadian TV show called "little Mosque on the Prairie". The show is seen in sixty countries so I was wondering if any of my Muslim friends had seen the show and what you thought of it?:)

Little Mosque on the Prairie: Louhelen Baha'i School to Host an Evening With Executive Producers From the International Award Winning hit Canadian Television Series
- Evening will include screening of Little Mosque on the Prairie followed by Q&A with the show's executive producers

By: Marketwire .
Feb. 6, 2008 09:16 PM
Digg This!

marketwire_170b.jpg
358425_20070508-mosque200.jpg
AccessTrackingLogServlet

DAVISON, MICHIGAN -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 02/06/08 -- The Louhelen Baha'i School will host and Clark Donnelly, the executive producers of the international award winning hit Canadian television series, Little Mosque on the Prairie.
The event, which will include the screening of episodes of the series and will be followed-up with an open forum discussion and Q & A with the producers, will take place on Saturday, February 9 at 7:30 p.m., at Louhelen Baha'i School located at 3208 South State Road in Davison, Michigan.
Admission to the event is free and seating is on a first come serve basis.
"We are honored to have the opportunity to formally present our show to the wonderful viewers in Michigan. We know that Michiganders are tuning into CBC via ComCast Cable and are so happy that an American audience is able to enjoy our series. Little Mosque was produced as much for our American neighbors as our Canadian fans." said Mary Darling
Little Mosque On The Prairie, which airs in over 60 countries, looks into the lives of a small Muslim community in the fictional prairie town of Mercy.
Recently, the show was honored at The Search For Common Ground Award in New York. The award recognizes individuals and organizations that, through their unique and individual approach, have taken the task of finding common ground between parties in conflict to new heights. Past recipients have included Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Ted Koppel, President Jimmy Carter, Muhammad Ali, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, and former Senator George Mitchell.
Additionally, the show also won the prestigious Canada award at the Gemini Awards. This award, presented by The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, honours excellence in mainstream television programming that reflects the racial and cultural diversity of Canada. It aims to promote greater opportunities for ethnic and visible minority professionals within the broadcasting industry on both sides of the camera.
WestWind Pictures is a film and television production company that develops products for a global marketplace, focusing on themes that resonate throughout the world. Productions include Little Mosque on the Prairie, Designer Guys, Time & Place, English Teachers, Trash to Treasure, This Small Space and The Perfect Divorce. With over 15 years of experience, WestWind has developed a reputation for delivering high-quality products in a variety of genres for diverse audiences. For more information, please visit the company's website at WestWind Pictures.
Contacts:
MEDIA CONTACT:
Word Of Mouth PR
Seth Feller
(416) 484-6363
Email: seth@wordofmouthpr.com

I am afraid I have not seen it and doubt I could get it here. The only Canadian programme I have seen is Huda but I thoroughly enjoy that. :)

Back