The Pope, Child sex abuse in the US

T

Tao_Equus

What exactly did the Pope mean when he stated that American bishops had badly handled the child abuse scandal that rocked the American Catholic Church recently? Badly handled because the publicity surrounding it was negative and widespread or badly handled because of the insensitivity the church showed to the victims of the endemic abuse within that organisation?

To me it is the former. In 2001, while he was a cardinal, he issued a secret Vatican edict to Catholic bishops all over the world, instructing them to put the Church's interests ahead of child safety. So at best his statement is a blatant hypocrisy at worst a show that they have yet to learn the lesson that society will not tolerate the abuse of power that church has hitherto enjoyed.

Lawyers acting for abuse victims claim it was designed to prevent the allegations from becoming public knowledge or being investigated by the police. They accuse Ratzinger of committing a 'clear obstruction of justice'.
The letter, 'concerning very grave sins', was sent from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, the Vatican office that once presided over the Inquisition and was overseen by Ratzinger.

What faith can we have in the Pope as a true and honest man if he carries on in such a way? To my mind we cant and while he was in America I feel he should have been arrested for conspiracy and charged with obstruction of justice.

Tao

lol, and it gets worse...

Now he wants to paint himself as a victim for joining the Nazi Youth and serving in the German Army. Calling the Nazi regime something that "thought it had all the answers" Well I know another institution like that, one that gave sanction to the Nazi's, laundered their money and even set up death camps in the Nazi enclave of Croatia. A group who's barbaric treatment of Croatian Jews shocked even the Nazi observers sent there by Hitler. Who? Yes the Catholic Church with direct sanction and oversight from Pope Pius XII himself.

Benedict is no father of the faithful but is most certainly uber lord of the hypocritical.

Tao

Hitler wth Archbishop Cesare Orsenigo, the papal nuncio in Berlin, 1935 [SIZE=-1]On April 20, 1939, Archbishop Orsenigo celebrated Hitler's birthday. The celebrations, initiated by Pacelli (Pope Pius XII) became a tradition. Each April 20, Cardinal Bertram of Berlin was to send "warmest congratulations to the Fuhrer in the name of the bishops and the dioceses in Germany" and added with "fervent prayers which the Catholics of Germany are sending to heaven on their altars."[/SIZE]

Attachments

• hitler&bishop.gif
    hitler&bishop.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 205
Im not disagreeing with you Tao, iM just curious, if it was a secret document....... how do you/we know of its existance. ????

It was leaked to the BBC who made a documentary about it about 3 years ago. Was headlines over here for a few days.

Tao

This only deals with one area of involvement of the Vatican in supporting, aiding and abetting the Nazi's. It a testimony to the power of the Catholic Church and its propaganda machine that this is not taught in our school history lessons.

Excerpt is from the following : The Vatican and The Nazis

[SIZE=+1]"Nearly half of the 22 concentration camps in Fascist Independent State of Croatia, during WWII were headed by Croatian Roman Catholic clergy."[2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"Led by Archbishop Stepinac, the Catholic Church was deeply involved in the Holocaust in Yugoslavia - its bishops and priests openly supported the murderous regime of Ante Pavelic, the wartime Croatian leader who pursued a ruthless policy of "kill a third, deport a third, and convert a third" of all the Serbs, Jews and Roma of Croatia and Bosnia. Abbot Marcone [the de facto Papal Legate in Croatia] was Pavelic's confessor and Archbishop Stepinac, [were] convicted of war crimes after the war. Several members of his clergy were involved in the genocide at Jasenovac - notably the Franciscan priest, Pater Miroslav Filipovic, who was one of the commandants of the camp. Stepinac recorded in his diary on 3rd August 1941 that "the Holy See (the Vatican) recognized de facto the independent State of Croatia."[3] [/SIZE]

thanks for that Tao, I WAS curious. so, does it mean, that this pope that heads the catholic church was a nazi, or nazi sympathizer? or what? how old would he have been in ww2? Im not defending him, NO WAY. Its only cos I dont know the name of the current pope that I am asking these questions wich probably are so silly to you. (my bad)

thanks for that Tao, I WAS curious. so, does it mean, that this pope that heads the catholic church was a nazi, or nazi sympathizer? or what? how old would he have been in ww2? Im not defending him, NO WAY. Its only cos I dont know the name of the current pope that I am asking these questions wich probably are so silly to you. (my bad)

To me both the OP and the further bit about the Nazi party indicate that he is a hypocrite that is engaged on a damage limitation and propaganda exercise in America. Over there Catholic congregations, (and so coffers), have dwindled since the recent scandals rocked the church. He is trying to divorce himself from the reality of his involvement in both cases.

Tao

Now how was the good link that I provided showing Catholic, Pope down, collusion in Nazi atrocities been reworked into some meaningless site? Control over our words? Maybe I am a paranoid? Why does so much stink of interference with truth then?

Tao

Back