Ruby Ruby Ruby

dauer

Reaction score
On another forum in a thread about learning computer languages someone linked to this excellent Ruby guide. It's so excellent because it has comic strips and onions, and it's free.

Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby

I will now try to learn ruby, at least enough to get a better sense for how computer languages work. I found a stale guide to python once, I know a bit of html (to me that doesn't count) and I have a general understanding of how LSL works, well enough at least that I could tell in a given script how the code breaks up. But this, this looks like an entertaining way to learn. woot.

On another forum in a thread about learning computer languages someone linked to this excellent Ruby guide. It's so excellent because it has comic strips and onions, and it's free.

I will now try to learn ruby, at least enough to get a better sense for how computer languages work. I found a stale guide to python once, I know a bit of html (to me that doesn't count) and I have a general understanding of how LSL works, well enough at least that I could tell in a given script how the code breaks up. But this, this looks like an entertaining way to learn. woot.

lol Dauer, could you please translate that into English for me!! Only code I know is this: _ _ _ ... _ _ _ ...

HTML -can be- a very basic coding skill, but it has it's levels and it is a skill and a "language of the computer." I used to dabble with many different types of programing, alas been many a year now lol.. *looks at his diplomas* I don't believe I could code as good as I could without training again... I know many of my hacking skills I have forgotten and such lol... It is werid, it is something that needs to be kept up.

Tao,

if you are entirely ignorant to code then this online book is for you. xD How can you say no to prose like this?

I’ll be straight with you. I want you to cry. To weep. To whimper sweetly. This book is a poignant guide to Ruby. That means code so beautiful that tears are shed. That means gallant tales and somber truths that have you waking up the next morning in the arms of this book. Hugging it tightly to you all the day long. If necessary, fashion a makeshift hip holster for Why’s (Poignant) Guide to Ruby, so you can always have this book’s tender companionship.

Back