cell phones and cancer revisited?

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Cancer expert warns employees on cell phones - CNN.com

The head of a prominent cancer research institute issued an unprecedented warning to his faculty and staff Wednesday: Limit cell phone use because of the possible risk of cancer...

The warning from Dr. Ronald B. Herberman, director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, is contrary to numerous studies that don't find a link between cancer and cell phone use, and a public lack of worry by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration....

In the memo he sent to about 3,000 faculty and staff Wednesday, he says children should use cell phones only for emergencies because their brains are still developing...more

Namaste wil,

thank you for the post.

sounds like a red herring to me.

from the article:

A driving force behind the memo was Devra Lee Davis, the director of the university's center for environmental oncology.

"The question is, do you want to play Russian roulette with your brain?" she said from her cell phone, while using the hands-free speaker phone, as recommended. "I don't know that cell phones are dangerous. But I don't know that they are safe."

The largest published study, which appeared in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute in 2006, tracked 420,000 Danish cell phone users, including thousands that had used the phones for more than 10 years. It found no increased risk of cancer among those using cell phones.

that said... i don't care for cellphones all that much anyways.

metta,

~v

Back