New to Forums - HELP

B

BeingHereNow

I've been browsing around and reading for a couple of days now. I even 'subscribed' to a couple of forums I was interested in, but I don't know how to move around this forum thing very well. Is there a 'button' that will show just MY subscribed forums? How do I put a subscription in a folder? What would I use the 'folders' for? Sorry for being so really dumb, but this is totally new to me. I'm on the computer in some fashion almost all day and have even taken online classes, but I usually can find a FAQ forum or HOW TO USE forum, but didn't find anything like that here? If someone could just give me a few pointers to explain what Quick Links will do for me - or how to drop directly into MY subscribe forums I'd really appreciate it. I accidentally pushed the 'mark forums read' and now it doesn't even show the ones I haven't read yet - I don't know what I thought that meant, but obviously was unprepared for the finality of it's reaction. I guess this is just a lot of words to say HELP! Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
B

If you want to view just your subscribed threads, first, sign in to the forum, being sure that you check the "remember me" box next to your user name so your cookies don't expire, automatically signing you out. (That can be a real pain if you are composing a long post, then hit the "Submit Reply" button only to find out that your cookie has expired and you have to sign in again, losing the long post you composed in the process.) :eek:

After you have signed in, click the "User CP" link in the upper left of the page. This will take you to your User Control Panel, where your subscribed threads will be listed, and you can click on the ones you want to read.

From your User Control Panel, you can also access and edit your avatar, private messages, and display options for posting, (I recommend the "Standard Editor --Extra Formatting Controls" option. The Full WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) formatting can be problematic if you are not familiar with the VBoard features.

One glitch you might want to know about: you can go back and edit your posts within twenty minutes of posting them by hitting the "edit" button at the bottom of your post. After you do that, be sure to click on the "Go Advanced" button before making your edits, then click the "Save Changes" button when you are done. If you don't hit the "Go Advanced" button, the forum will hang, and stop responding.

If you have any other questions, like coding options, please feel free to ask! :)

Back