Mosab Hassan Yousef, son of Hamas leader, becomes Christian

BlaznFattyz

Reaction score
The son of one of the most revered leaders of the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas has renounced his religion to move to America and become an evangelical Christian...

Mr Yousef was raised as a Muslim by his politically powerful family. His father, Hassan Yousef, a highly respected sheikh born in the West Bank town of al-Ghaniya near Ramallah, is a founding member of Hamas, whose military wing has instigated dozens of suicide bombings and other attacks against Israel since it was formed in 1987...

It was after a chance encounter nine years ago with a British missionary that Mr Yousef began exploring Christianity.
He found it "exciting", he said, and began secretly studying the Bible, struck by the central tenet "love your enemies"...

"I was thinking, what is my responsibility now? To see people dying every day or to stand up and say, this is wrong, this is right and be strong about this? So I had to make this move."... Cont'd

"love your enemies"....we have really watching A GREAT among of love, coming from Bush!!!!

"love your enemies"...his father is in Israeli jails, and he has to love Israel, and why not give it a present!!! He will be then a model in love. and what love!!!

Let's be honest, it isnt Islam what stroke Mosab, it is some Muslims' doings. He can say that Christianity is a religion of peace and love, and I would say nothing but:"you are right, Mosab. You are right". Yet, on the other hand, I would say:"have you seen that " love your enemies" practised?????

"love your enemies"....we have really watching A GREAT among of love, coming from Bush!!!!

"love your enemies"...his father is in Israeli jails, and he has to love Israel, and why not give it a present!!! He will be then a model in love. and what love!!!

Let's be honest, it isnt Islam what stroke Mosab, it is some Muslims' doings. He can say that Christianity is a religion of peace and love, and I would say nothing but:"you are right, Mosab. You are right". Yet, on the other hand, I would say:"have you seen that " love your enemies" practised?????
I have, every day.

"Islam scored over Christianity with its precepts for dealing with the unpleasant aspect of this world. The other worldliness of Christianity was escapist. Conflict and war were facts of life, arising out of human nature." Marmaduk Picthall

"Islam scored over Christianity with its precepts for dealing with the unpleasant aspect of this world. The other worldliness of Christianity was escapist. Conflict and war were facts of life, arising out of human nature." Marmaduk Picthall
Mr. Picthall is entitled to his opinion. So are you.

Mr. Picthall is entitled to his opinion. So are you.

yes, Quahom 1, you are right. But let's discuss it. Some accuse Islam of spreading hatred and violence, while Islam has merely shows otrhers how to define themselves, and their rights. Islam also spreads peace and love. But they focus mainly on that part of DEFENDING, and neglects the other part.

This question always arises itself:" what would you do if someone attacks you? want to colonize you? want to "slave" you?want to destroy you? will you "love him"? will you??????

I'm talking about everyday people, Dialogue. There are alot more of them than there are politicians...

I know, Quahom1. And there are many Christians and Jews in this forum whom I feel their tender hearts and kind emotions.

But, Mosab said that he is tired with Hamas resistance to Israel, and that "love your enemies" is the solution to Palestinian/ Israeli struggle!!!???.. In fact,I can clearly see how Bush is loving his enemies by his unlimited support to Israel, and to that democracy-decorated regime in Afghanistan and Iraq....where is that love? isnt he Christian, and a committed one????????? where is that "love your enemies"? Is he following his Christian ethics in his struggle with Muslims???????

yes, Quahom 1, you are right. But let's discuss it. Some accuse Islam of spreading hatred and violence, while Islam has merely shows otrhers how to define themselves, and their rights. Islam also spreads peace and love. But they focus mainly on that part of DEFENDING, and neglects the other part.

This question always arises itself:" what would you do if someone attacks you? want to colonize you? want to "slave" you?want to destroy you? will you "love him"? will you??????
I do not want to go through the "Q'uran" here with you. But I do know there are some disparities between what you say, and what your holy book says about non-muslims. I also am accutely aware that the philosophy of "jihad" has taken a very distinct turn from it's original definition concerning, "defense".

I also am an avid studier of middle eastern history (particularly the last 150 years), and my opinion is "two wrongs do not make a right".

Some one, somewhere has to say "enough, I will fight no more". Islam, can not do that, because the manifest destiny is to convert the entire world to Islam. The West refuses that ultimatum.

That makes for difficult bed fellows I should think...

I know, Quahom1. And there are many Christians and Jews in this forum whom I feel their tender hearts and kind emotions.

But, Mosab said that he is tired with Hamas resistance to Israel, and that "love your enemies" is the solution to Palestinian/ Israeli struggle!!!???.. In fact,I can clearly see how Bush is loving his enemies by his unlimited support to Israel, and to that democracy-decorated regime in Afghanistan and Iraq....where is that love? isnt he Christian, and a committed one????????? where is that "love your enemies"? Is he following his Christian ethics in his struggle with Muslims???????
I will remind you that over that past 60 years, the United States has poured billions of dollars into Palestine. And the Palestinian politicians did not use that funding for the benefit of the people of the land. They lined their pockets, and shopped in the finest places in Europe. So who is responsible for the unrest, the lack of jobs, the in-ability of young men to marry and have families? Israel? The US?

Not true, Dialogue. If you read the financial accounts (US, Israel, and Palestine), you might be shocked at what you discover...

Islam, can not do that, because the manifest destiny is to convert the entire world to Islam. The West refuses that ultimatum.

oh! Quahom1. Who told you that? havent you read the Islamic history? were all those who were living under the Islamic rule which was extanding from Europe to Asia Muslims?

I will remind you that over that past 60 years, the United States has poured billions of dollars into Palestine. And the Palestinian politicians did not use that funding for the benefit of the people of the land. They lined their pockets, and shopped in the finest places in Europe. So who is responsible for the unrest, the lack of jobs, the in-ability of young men to marry and have families? Israel? The US?

Not true, Dialogue. If you read the financial accounts (US, Israel, and Palestine), you might be shocked at what you discover...

We have to know US' agenda, Quahom1? Did the US gave money to Hamas or to Mr. Abbas who helped US and Israel in their plans,taking into consideration his pockets only, and let the others starve, and die? Anyway, true Palestinians dont need money from Bush or others. They need to get their land back. It is Britain who seed Israel in Palestine, and now Europe has to solve this problem. and the US as well, for its unlimited support to Israel attrocities.

Let's focus on our topic: is "love your enemies" a good way to deal with those who wants to destroy you,your family, and your land? is this the best way to deal with war and conflicts?

oh! Quahom1. Who told you that? havent you read the Islamic history? were all those who were living under the Islamic rule which was extanding from Europe to Asia Muslims?
Dialogue, not everyone wants to "live" under Islam. In fact Sharia law is in direct conflict with western democratic law. Islam does not afford equal rights to non-muslims that it does to muslims. In fact Sharia law is incompatible with US democratic law.

Anyway this is a very tough subject to discuss. And I do not want to affront anyone, however, the history is pretty black and white, my family has experienced "Islamic peace", and equal rights.

We have to know US' agenda, Quahom1? Did the US gave money to Hamas or to Mr. Abbas who helped US and Israel in their plans,taking into consideration his pockets only, and let the others starve, and die? Anyway, true Palestinians dont need money from Bush or others. They need to get their land back. It is Britain who seed Israel in Palestine, and now Europe has to solve this problem. and the US as well, for its unlimited support to Israel attrocities.

Let's focus on our topic: is "love your enemies" a good way to deal with those who wants to destroy you,your family, and your land? is this the best way to deal with war and conflicts?
OK, let's focus on the topic. Is it right to put bomb belts on 15 year olds, and have them take out people in market, just trying to buy food for the day? It happened again today, Dialogue. It wasn't Christians wearing the belts, and it wasn't adults...(but adults set the kids up to do it).

By the way. "Bush" is trying like hell to push for the Palestinian state to be established before the end of the year (that came out in the news today).

Last edited:
OK, let's focus on the topic. Is it right to put bomb belts on 15 year olds, and have them take out people in market, just trying to buy food for the day? It happened again today, Dialogue. It wasn't Christians wearing the belts, and it wasn't adults...(but adults set the kids up to do it).

lrt's discuss the current ways of defending/attacking later.

I'm talking about Christianity, Quahom1. What does it say in case you are in a war state? does it indicate you how to deal with the situation? or does it just states: "love your enemies"?

By the way. "Bush" is trying like hell to push for the Palestinian state to be established before the end of the year (that came out in the news today).

Poor he! Why is he troubling himself so much. He has been working as "hell" the past years. He has to take some rest now. We really made him so exhausted. We are really bad.

Palestine has always been an established state, and those who came to establish their state over it, with those who help them, have to leave.

Palestine is a colonized state, Quahom1.

Poor he! Why is he troubling himself so much. He has been working as "hell" the past years. He has to take some rest now. We really made him so exhausted. We are really bad.

Palestine has always been an established state, and those who came to establish their state over it, with those who help them, have to leave.

Palestine is a colonized state, Quahom1.
Palestine was "never" a state to begin with. In fact the term "Palestine" isn't even Arabic. It is Roman.

Be that as it may, it could become a "state", a homeland for Palestinians, if they would accept it.

lrt's discuss the current ways of defending/attacking later.

I'm talking about Christianity, Quahom1. What does it say in case you are in a war state? does it indicate you how to deal with the situation? or does it just states: "love your enemies"?
Minimum force required to neutralize the situation. That is the rule. Then, rebuild, and make allies. It worked in Germany, Japan, Italy, and it could work in the middle east, save but for the requirements of Islam.

edit: one of the major problems is the Islamic mandate to "lie" to non-believers, in order to save the heart of the muslim. Abbass was a perfect example of that today, when he told Ms. Rice Palestinians would recognize Israel as a soveriegn nation, then told the Palestinians in Arabic, they would never recognize Israel...lied outright. How can there be a trust of any kind?

Back