Blood

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
Just touching back to the past topic of 'blood' on here, came across this verse as I was reading through Leviticus... Felt like sharing it..

3:17

"So you and your descendants must never eat any fat or any blood, not even in the privacy of your own homes. This law will never change...."

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses grow by 'devious' methods, charge anti-missionaries

Just touching back to the past topic of 'blood' on here, came across this verse as I was reading through Leviticus... Felt like sharing it..

3:17

"So you and your descendants must never eat any fat or any blood, not even in the privacy of your own homes. This law will never change...."
..of an animal, for blood carries the life. However Alex, what is wrong with a human being contributing life to another human being? What could possibly be wrong with tring to save another human being's life, with your own?

So what, that they carry a part of you in them. What a gift! Your kids carry part of you and part of their mom in them...

If it were wrong to give blood, do you not think that millions of people today would be dead?

We are not the sum of our parts, and I don't give a damn what religion thinks we are. The body is a machine, we are housed within it.

My son had a friend who lost his legs in the war. The man cried about his legs being gone. My son looked him in the eye and said "I don't want you to go".

Get it?

Just bringing it up for discussion is all :)
Do you know why blood carries life? It carries oxygen, takes carbon dioxide away, provides nutrients, removes lactose from muscles, carries DNA within it's cells to repair damage to the body as required. In other words, it brings the blue prints with it as it addresses the body's needs.

But here is the wonder of transferring blood from one human to another: Everything above is carried on, EXCEPT the transfer of DNA. The reason is that by the time the DNA would begin to be used, the original body's blood system is back in control and shuts down the transfused blood. It's like a guest, who's welcome is done.

And the "foreign aid" understands this and falls apart and is absorbed into the host body.

not to mention the blood born pathogens that can be carried.

slightly off topic...another interesting thing ... did you know that having multiple sexual partners lowers your immune system? Your body fights off the secretions like its an invader... lowering the resistance to other things in the fight... but if you have one partner both of your bodies immune systems get stronger because both your flesh becomes one.. in a sense.. your body recognizes your partner as an extention of you...

Pretty cool isnt it.

not to mention the blood born pathogens that can be carried. .
Next time I convince my grandson to eat by sharing his food with him, I'll remember that. :rolleyes:

slightly off topic...another interesting thing ... did you know that having multiple sexual partners lowers your immune system? Your body fights off the secretions like its an invader... lowering the resistance to other things in the fight... but if you have one partner both of your bodies immune systems get stronger because both your flesh becomes one.. in a sense.. your body recognizes your partner as an extention of you...

Pretty cool isnt it.
My folks kept it simple. You sleep with anyone, and you carry them in you for the next seven years...

I like the idea of carrying part of my mate in me for the next seven years, but not anyone else...

not to mention the blood born pathogens that can be carried.

Pretty cool isnt it.
i like that, :) especially as the bible tells us that husband and wife would be one flesh . Jehovah knows what he is talking about in more ways than one :)

That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one fleshGENESIS 2;24

i thought it was interesting that the verse says they must BECOME ONE FLESH

Just bringing it up for discussion is all :)

:) DONT YOU JUST LOVE IT :D

OK then ,here is my bit :)

Contrary to how some today reason, God's law on blood was not to be ignored just because an emergency arose.

During a wartime crisis, some Israelite soldiers killed animals and "fell to eating along with the blood."

In view of the emergency, was it permissible for them to sustain their lives with blood?

No. Their commander pointed out that their course was still a grave wrong. (1 Samuel 14:31-35)
Hence, precious as life is, our Life-Giver never said that his standards could be ignored in an emergency.

something to think about i thought :)

I find this interesting and I also find it interesting how one of the topics that spans from the beginning to the end.... Blood...

Blood has SO many meanings in the book, I wish to share my personal accounts of this.. Blood represents:

LIFE
Leviticus 17:11 "Life is in the blood"

DEATH
Genesis 4:10 "YHWH then said; What have you done? Your brothers blood cries out to me!"

CONNECTION/RELATION...UNITY
Genesis 29:14 "You are my own flesh and blood.."

A SIGN/WARNING..
Exodus 7:21 "Blood was everywhere in Egypt.."

WORSHIP
Leviticus 1:5 "offer its blood to me by splattering it agaisnt the four sides of the altar.."

SACRED.
Deuteronomy 12:24 "You must not eat the blood, pour it out on the ground like water."

SIN/GUILT
Ezekiel 16:19 "I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you.."

PROPHECY
Joel 2:31 "The sun will be turned to darkness and the mood to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of YHWH.."

WICKEDNESS
Nahum 3:1 "Woe to the city of blood, full of lies, full of plunder... Never, without victims.."

AGREEMENT/COVENANT
Zechariah 9:11 "Becaus of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.."

PAYMENT/FORGIVENESS
Matthew 26:28 "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins..."

SALVATION
John 6:53 "Jesus said to them. I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

PROMISE
John 6:54 "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

PATHWAY
Hebrews 10:19 "There fore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the most holy place by the blood of Jesus..."

ABSTINENCE
Acts 15:29 "You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality... You will do well to avoid these things.."

POWER
Revelation 12:11 "They overcame him by the blood of the lamb."

I have this feeling some may jump right on in and tell me I am wrong and I read into it wrong and so on.. But hey, this is how I see it... Of course it will be interesting and nice to read how you see it, but this is how I see the symbolism/meaning of blood, it means much, infact more than what I put, but I don't wish to over flood you and bore you with it.... Also you know how hard it was to only asign one verse to each word? lol....​

wow very nice study done on that... can I ask how its affected your relationship with God? If it has at all?

Yeah I tried to keep it short lol.... I hope I didn't miss too much out by cutting it...

How has it affected me? (Not that I am saying it is wrong) But, I rarely eat meat now lol... Chicken and fish is about as far as I go, but when I do eat beef... It has to be fully cooked and hung... I used to like pretty much raw steak.... I just cannot bring myself to consume blood... So I guess it has affected my eating habits....(Oh I do not eat pork now either... AT ALL) So yeah it has begun to affect how I eat.....

Relationship wise, You seen the passion? Like that feeling you get when you saw the passion for the very first time... Not sure what it is... It feels like shocked, yet a pit, where I dunno , just like "wow." Admiration and humble thanks? Not sure... Sorry, I am writing what I am thinking so this may not make sense lol.... Joy yet tears.

Yeah I tried to keep it short lol.... I hope I didn't miss too much out by cutting it...

How has it affected me? (Not that I am saying it is wrong) But, I rarely eat meat now lol... Chicken and fish is about as far as I go, but when I do eat beef... It has to be fully cooked and hung... I used to like pretty much raw steak.... I just cannot bring myself to consume blood... So I guess it has affected my eating habits....(Oh I do not eat pork now either... AT ALL) So yeah it has begun to affect how I eat.....

Relationship wise, You seen the passion? Like that feeling you get when you saw the passion for the very first time... Not sure what it is... It feels like shocked, yet a pit, where I dunno , just like "wow." Admiration and humble thanks? Not sure... Sorry, I am writing what I am thinking so this may not make sense lol.... Joy yet tears.

Yeah Ive seen it and yes I know the feeling you felt.. I never take lightly the sacrifice that was made. I know what you mean about the blood too.. when she had the cloth with the image of his face on it from where it was pressed against him all I could think about was how very very very precious that cloth would have been and how his mother was mopping up his blood from the ground all I could think was oh Lord what you have given us with that blood. By His stripes and all.

I went through a period of time when I was in a Seventh Day Adventist Church and I heard what they said about pork and since then I still rarely eat it.. But I believe that anything in extremes is bad for you but I also know that the NT and the new covenant which negates the old covenant of the OT says this

Acts 11:4-10
"Peter began and explained everything to them precisely as it had happened:
"I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw
something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles, and birds of the air. Then I heard a voice telling me, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.'
"I replied, 'Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.'
"The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.' 1This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again

So I feel free to eat anything ... but like anything extremes is a no no

Good point about the Acts 11 passage FS, and avoiding extremes.

I think another good point made by Paul (don't recall the exact passage) is that if what we eat, or avoid eating, causes others 'to stumble,' that also is not good. So, it is permissible to eat anything, but if by doing so in a particular manner we seem to be judging those around us, then it is better to not do it or make a point of it.

Thus, if some others wish to avoid eating blood then I think there's nothing wrong with that (even if I think that it is practically impossible if you eat any kind of meat). I have a harder time when parents choose to let their children be sick or even die for lack of a blood transfusion though. :(

After the Flood, mankind started anew with just eight souls.

In a declaration applying to all humans, God revealed more about his evaluation of life and blood.
He said that humans could eat animal flesh, but he set this restriction: "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you. Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat." (Genesis 9:3, 4)

Some Jews interpret that to mean that humans were not to eat flesh or blood of an animal that was still alive.
But time would clearly show that what God was here prohibiting was the consuming of blood to sustain life.

Moreover, God’s decree through Noah was a major step forward in working out His elevated purpose involving blood—a purpose that would allow humans to gain everlasting life.

The scripture you were referring to, luna is in Romans 14 and another one is in 1 Corinthians 8 in case anyone wants to look them up and those are excellent ones to reference in this situation also.

This is my thought on blood transfusions. I believe that God is the one with all the knowledge and if He deems to impart some of that knowledge to better mankind e.g. saving lives... That He did so for that reason. I would question any doctrine that proclaims something wrong that God deemed Good. Saving lives is Good.

Thats just my thought on it.

I believe that God is the one with all the knowledge and if He deems to impart some of that knowledge

very true and here is that knowledge from God

Hence my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. ACTS 15;19-20

What About Christians?

The Mosaic law pointed to the coming and sacrificial death of the Messiah. Hence, after Jesus died, true worshipers were no longer obliged to keep the Mosaic law. (Romans 10:4; 6:14; Colossians 2:13, 14)

Dietary restrictions of the Law, such as those against eating fat or the flesh of certain animals, were no longer binding.—Leviticus 7:25; 11:2-8.

so ,does the divine prohibition against blood apply to Christians?

This matter came up for discussion in 49 C.E., during a conference of the apostles and older men of Jerusalem who served as a central body of elders for all Christians.

The conference was held in response to a question about circumcision.

This apostolic council decided that non-Jews who accepted Christianity did not have to get circumcised.

During the discussion Jesus’ half brother James brought to the council’s attention certain other essential things that he deemed important to include in their decision, namely, "to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood." (Acts 15:19-21)

He referred back to the writings of Moses, which reveal that even before the Law was given, God had disapproved of immoral sex relations, idolatry and the eating of blood, which would include eating the flesh of strangled animals containing blood.—Genesis 9:3, 4; 19:1-25; 34:31; 35:2-4.

The decision of the council was sent by letter to the Christian congregations. It is now included in the Bible as part of the inspired Scriptures that are beneficial "for teaching, . . . for setting things straight." (2 Timothy 3:16, 17)

The decision was:

"The holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper."—Acts 15:28, 29.

Yes, even though Christians were not under the Mosaic law, it was "necessary" that they abstain from blood.

Was that just the apostles’ personal opinion? Not at all. As they stated, that decision was made in accord with God’s holy spirit.

Concerning that Christian decree, Professor Walther Zimmerli, of the University of Göttingen, Germany, commented:

"The first Judeo-Christian congregation in the decision reported on in Acts 15 made a distinction between the Law given to Israel through Moses and the command given [through] Noah to all the world."

Zürcher Bibelkommentare.

The command to ‘abstain from blood’ was not a mere dietary restriction but was a serious moral requirement, as is seen by the fact that it was as serious to Christians as ‘abstaining from idolatry or fornication.’

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.
2 timothy 3;16-17

This is my thought on blood transfusions. I believe that God is the one with all the knowledge and if He deems to impart some of that knowledge to better mankind e.g. saving lives... That He did so for that reason. I would question any doctrine that proclaims something wrong that God deemed Good. Saving lives is Good.

Irony, is those who speak of life and salvation, but exclude others from a chance to have both, who refuses to give a part of self to help "three others" obtain both, and then chastises others for not believing in both.

oops, it's Saturday...time for me to go donate my O neg blood so that doctors can taint three other people with life (my life) essence...poor *******s, lol :eek:

Q you gave me another thought...

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13).

Good fruit! Donate blood.. Think it would make for good advertising?

Back