Winter Holiday Conflict (Christmas for Inter-Faith Marriages)

yahoo.com

Reaction score
Our first hard frost of the year came last night, and this morning's chilly breath made bare the rest of the big tree in my front yard. That's nature's yearly call for me to dig out the Winter Holiday decorations!

I being of a Pagan faith (Universalist) and my husband being raised in a strict Christian house (Lutheran), have made our own traditions for the Winter Holiday (which we interchangably call Christmas, the holidays, or the Holy Days). We decorate inside our house with symbols of life and celebration, of renewal, forgiveness, love, charity, and hope. We have never had a conflict of religion during the Holy Days as we've incorporated the heart of both our faiths into our hown traditions honoring God.

(Of course, we have Hallowe'en to look forward to before Christmas!)

I'm curious about other long inter-faith marriages and how the beliefs of both partners are respected in them, and if there is the occasional conflict how is it respectfully resolved?

Zen

I'm curious about other long inter-faith marriages and how the beliefs of both partners are respected in them, and if there is the occasional conflict how is it respectfully resolved?
Zen

I would hope that the beliefs of the partner are respected in much the same way as the "rest" of the person. Otherwise, why or how has one been in a relationship that has lasted a long time?

s.

In my family which is Baha'i with the grandparents being Christian we go to their house for Chrismas/Easter.. They in turn come to ours' for Ayyam-i-Ha which is our gift exchange season. The children get the benefits of both. Also we take advantage of the after-Christmas sales for our season which is in the end of February.

- Art

Back