Is there any hope for the dead?

M

mee

WHY THE QUESTION ARISES

We want to live, and we want to enjoy life with those we love.
It is only natural that we yearn to see our dead loved ones again.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES

Most people who have died will be resurrected.
Jesus promised that those in the memorial tombs will.... come out.

JOHN 5;28-29

In harmony with Gods origiinal purpose,those resurrected as humans will have the opportunity to live on a paradise earth. LUKE 23;43

This promised future includes perfect health and everlasting life for obedient humans.
The bible says .... The righteous themselves will posses the earth , and they will reside forever upon it PSALM 37 ;29

SEE ALSO Job 14;14 -15

luke 7;11-17
and Acts 24;15

Would you not agree that it will be GREAT to see our dead loved ones again on a paradise earth , as the bible teaches us ?

WHY THE QUESTION ARISES

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES

JOHN 5;28-29

In harmony with Gods origiinal purpose,those resurrected as humans will have the opportunity to live on a paradise earth. LUKE 23;43

This promised future includes perfect health and everlasting life for obedient humans.
The bible says .... The righteous themselves will posses the earth , and they will reside forever upon it PSALM 37 ;29

SEE ALSO Job 14;14 -15

luke 7;11-17
and Acts 24;15

Would you not agree that it will be GREAT to see our dead loved ones again on a paradise earth , as the bible teaches us ?
No.

The bible says "all" will be resurrected to stand judgement, not just "most".

The bible says "all" saved will have a new body, not just most.

The bible does not present the saved with a choice or opportunity to live on earth. It does say there will be a new heaven and a new earth. It also states that the affections we have for people today, will be the same in heaven, though there will be no marriages. It does not say that man will be split between heaven and earth.

The righteous are all the saved, not just some or most, while the rest reside in heaven.

WHY THE QUESTION ARISES

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES

JOHN 5;28-29

SEE ALSO Job 14;14 -15

luke 7;11-17
and Acts 24;15

This is a Jehova Witnesses teaching, it is not Christian Doctrine IMO.

This is a Jehova Witnesses teaching, it is not Christian Doctrine IMO.

its a bible teaching , and all christians are interested in what the bible really teaches.

but as you mentioned , for the most part christendom have lost their focus to what the bible really teaches .
And i am glad to say that Jehovahs witnesses like to make known what the bible really teaches.

And the resurrection is what it is all about .

and Gods original purpose for the earth will come to be, and even those who have fallen asleep in death can live in that paradise earth , and see those loved ones again . :)

Christ himself when on earth performed resurrections. (Lu 7:11-15; 8:49-56; Joh 11:38-44)

Only through Jesus Christ can resurrection, with everlasting life thereafter, be possible.—Joh 5:26.:)

the bible holds out a really good hope for the future and it is the resurrection of our dead loved ones .............greaaaaaat:)

Dear Mee,

I was intigued by the title of your post, Is there any hope for the dead? --- since the "dead" souls cannot hope.

What the Bible actually teaches may be discerned in the Light of the Holy Spirit (in His Light we have light), when our understanding is opened, and we extract doctrine from its pages.

I offer the following extracts to show that hope is a property of the living (souls):

Lam 3:24 "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."

Psa 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;

Psa 119:81 My soul languishes for thy salvation; I hope in thy word.

Psa 62:5 For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him.

Psa 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God.

Heb 6:19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner shrine behind the curtain...

Rom 5:5 and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.

Rom 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Gal 5:5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait for the hope of righteousness.

Eph 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call,

Job 27:8 For what is the hope of the godless when God cuts him off, when God takes away his life?

Tit 1:2 in hope of eternal life which God, who never lies, promised ages ago

Tit 3:7 so that we might be justified by his grace and become heirs in hope of eternal life.

There is so much here, but in short, we "may abound in hope," because the "God of hope" fills us, and His Spirit testifies that we, the living, partake in "the hope of eternal life" already.

Mee wrote:
...those resurrected as humans will have the opportunity to live on a paradise earth

Pure reincarnation, of the pure, of course. :)

Allow me also, Mee, to say here that I do do respect, and even admire, your simple, dedicated, and consistent propagation of "what the Bible teaches."

I would like to point out, however, that the same Bible teaches that the testimony of two or three can affirm the truth. We employ this principle in the justice system, and evidence that invariable hold the greatest weight is that of "eye witnesses."

Mat 18:16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses.

2Co 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. Any charge must be sustained by the evidence of two or three witnesses.

1Ti 5:19 Never admit any charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses.

Heb 10:28 A man who has violated the law of Moses dies without mercy at the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Rev 11:3 And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."

Now, it is the testimony of countless men and women, both those who were "dead" and came back ("to life") to tell about it, and those who have had insight granted to them into the spiritual sphere (heavens), that the "afterlife" indeed is teeming with life, which seriously impacts on the speculations of the ancients, now (still) held forth as "Biblical teaching."

I would recommend that you watch and listen to the testimony of one Mickey Robinson on an eight minute video clip that can be downloaded from Google Video. Forgive me for not providing the URL, but, sticking to Biblical teaching, "If you seek, you will find."

Then you might visit near-death.com and examine all the evidence that belies what you unwittingly seek to propagate.

Respectfully,

Learner

Back