Interfaith Quotes

GlorytoGod

There is a River
Reaction score
Maybe we can post some interfaith stuff here,

I will start with this, maybe someone can post something that sort of means the same or is related from your religious texts

Psalm 27:1-3 (New International Version)

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh, [a]
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.

3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

psalm 27 1-3​

Jehovah is my light and my salvation.
Of whom shall I be in fear?
Jehovah is the stronghold of my life.
Of whom shall I be in dread?
2 When the evildoers approached against me to eat up my flesh,
They being my adversaries and my enemies personally,
They themselves stumbled and fell.
3 Though against me an encampment should pitch tent,
My heart will not fear.
Though against me war should rise,
Even then I shall be trusting.

from the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION BIBLE

Maybe we can post some interfaith stuff here,

I will start with this, maybe someone can post something that sort of means the same or is related from your religious texts

PSALM 119;105​
Your word is a lamp to my foot,
And a light to my roadway.​

The kind Shepherd..

And among the teachings of His Holiness Bahá'u'lláh is the oneness of the world of humanity; that all human beings are the sheep of God and He is the kind Shepherd. This Shepherd is kind to all the sheep, because He created them all, trained them, provided for them and protected them. There is no doubt that the Shepherd is kind to all the sheep and should there be among these sheep ignorant ones, they must be educated; if there be children, they must be trained until they reach maturity; if there be sick ones, they must be cured. There must be no hatred and enmity, for as by a kind physician these ignorant, sick ones should be treated.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith p. 285

Re: The kind Shepherd..

And among the teachings of His Holiness Bahá'u'lláh is the oneness of the world of humanity; that all human beings are the sheep of God and He is the kind Shepherd. This Shepherd is kind to all the sheep, because He created them all, trained them, provided for them and protected them. There is no doubt that the Shepherd is kind to all the sheep and should there be among these sheep ignorant ones, they must be educated; if there be children, they must be trained until they reach maturity; if there be sick ones, they must be cured. There must be no hatred and enmity, for as by a kind physician these ignorant, sick ones should be treated.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith p. 285

I quite like that arthra

John 10:27-30 (New International Version)

27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
30I and the Father are one."

From Advices & Queries in Quaker Faith & Practice 2nd ed.

6. Do you work gladly with other religious groups in the pursuit of common goals? While remaining faithful to Quaker insights, try to enter imaginatively into the life and witness of other communities of faith, creating together the bonds of friendship.

qj:D

Back