India on the moon?

juantoo3

....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb
Reaction score
I read over the weekend that an Indian Lunar lander landed successfully last week and has been sending back data.

I'll look up an article later, just wondered if anyone else heard about it?

Yes. An exciting moment for India. Here is a link.

India touches the Moon

Immediately people want pictures of debris and the flag left after the US missions. Bringing up the conspiracy theory that our lunar landings were actually staged in Hollywood. Perhaps India is first to the moon?

I read over the weekend that an Indian Lunar lander landed successfully last week and has been sending back data.

I'll look up an article later, just wondered if anyone else heard about it?

Yeh I been following this story since pre-launch. Quite an achievement. The moon orbiter will be there some time and will make the most detailed maps of the moon yet.

tao

dfdfd.jpg

From what little I have been hearing I believe China is poised to send a lander to the moon in the near future.
I've heard that too, and that India and China were somewhat in a race; not quite like US/USSR, but still, India gets bragging rights.

And what do us Aussies do?
we say.." oh yeah, the moon, there it is (points up)" Why would i wanna go there? No surf, no cold beer, NAH, more like a spectator sport."......LOL.
Actually, I'd like to go up just beyond the atmosphere(?), you know, see the stars and moon closer but no i dont wanna land on it...

And what do us Aussies do?
we say.." oh yeah, the moon, there it is (points up)" Why would i wanna go there? No surf, no cold beer, NAH, more like a spectator sport."......LOL.

ask me that is quite wise :)

It's a baron rock..... There is nothing as amazing as what you can find on another orb of rock called Earth.. You seen the miracles on that one? That is a place worth going.

Yeah, there's probably an element of truth to what you say...the US hasn't given much priority to "hanging on to" their claim on that barren rock. Must not be much of value there.

Back