Jesus in the Internet

TheKhan

All Natural
Reaction score
When you think about it, the Internet is kind of like a modern day miracle. To me sometimes it seems like God is waiving his hand at us. I even ponder if the Internet is Jesus sometimes. What do you guys think?

And if you happen to know anything in the bible or any old literature that mentions something like the Internet like a prophecy, Please let me know.

Best regards,

TK

I even ponder if the Internet is Jesus sometimes. What do you guys think?

No way! Like TV you can't always believe what you read on the internet. Amazing as the internet is for certain things, I think generally it is the spawn of satan. It allows deviants to do all sorts of sick stuff, people who are fed up of being married or in a relationship can go and log on and do the dirty behind their partners back in a few mouse clicks. There is a whole host of things I could mention. The internet has some good things but more bad.
Jesus is where truth can be found, not the internet in my opinion.
Oooh did I mention I hate modernisation? LOL

No way! Like TV you can't always believe what you read on the internet. Amazing as the internet is for certain things, I think generally it is the spawn of satan... The internet has some good things but more bad. Jesus is where truth can be found, not the internet in my opinion. Oooh did I mention I hate modernisation? LOL

Hmm.. I don`t know why you`re gonna make me say this, but if you`re serious, I just don`t think you understand that God created all the so called satan stuff and satan himself if satan exists to begin with as well. IMO, its all part of our world and has been, including the fact that we feel comfortable wearing clothes. You can spend all your life asking God why, but he won`t answer you the way you`d like probably in words. If nature is what you define as satan, so be it. And I won`t tell you what evil is because its just unnecessary.

Frankly IMO you are too tied in, with the negativity. In words and what other people say and do. I`m talking about the fact that the Internet exists, which is like the fact that we have the ability to talk to each other, that is all good, don`t bother disagreeing otherwise we`ll all be better as amoeba`s if you had your way. What we do with our tools is another story. We can do good with a phone and bad. But don`t take what I said personally, I`m going on a whim to tell you what I think about you.

We do not live in a pure world, and we can choose to accept that, or go around telling other people how to lead their lives, including all the satan stuff that purists think they identify.

I`d have to say its everyone`s choice if one chooses to identify the so called evil, get occupied/obsessed with it and take action, to talk about it or we can always ignore it.

In my opinion you are a pessimist, a slight evil interested in identifying your so called evil in a good thing. You always have a choice to logoff, set up a tent, go up in the mountains, deserts, go yatching in the middle of the pacific to get isolated from regular society where noone will ever bother you about the so called evil. But if you`re a regular lad, you`d rather spend time with other people than be in isolation forever. Then don`t be such a hypacrite (I`ve never had to write this word in my life, btw looked up in dictionary), tell your penguin friends that I said that too if they agree with you.

But I guess whether the Internet is Jesus is anyones call..

TK

If I was going to come to this world as Jesus.
I might rather be the Internet than reappear as human, if you know what I mean..
at least thats the logic behind my Jesus Internet pondering.

TK

Haven`t read something like this in a long time. Great to know!! Thanks.

My concern is why it has become impossible for the formation of such evolution..

TEILHARD DE CHARDIN

This convergence however, though it was predicted to occur through a global information network, was not a convergence of merely minds or bodies -- but of heart, a point that he made most fervently.

"It is not our heads or our bodies which we must bring together, but our hearts. . . . Humanity. . . is building its composite brain beneath our eyes. May it not be that tomorrow, through the logical and biological deepening of the movement drawing it together, it will find its heart, without which the ultimate wholeness of its power of unification can never be achieved?"

To heal the collective heart requires grace from above which we increasingly deny. Unfortunately IMO technology will only further imagination causing even more problems.

"Humanism was not wrong in thinking that truth, beauty, liberty, and equality are of infinite value, but in thinking that man can get them for himself without grace.: Simone Weil

Technology and the growing secular influence it supports will increasingly deny grace, starve the heart, and encourage more superficial emotions and resulting conflicts. I don't see a way around this before hitting bottom.

Jesus message was re-birth which required healing the heart. The Internet encourages imagination. One cannot carry their cross on the Internet with imagination. The Internet is a good tool for information but healing the heart requires leaving the Internet.

oh come on,!!!!
Its a form of communication, like the telephone , like pen and paper.
penguin, you hate modernisation so much and yet you use the computer/internet???

If anything, it should be bringing the world and its people closer together not further apart. (imo).
Some bad people will always use whatever means they can to access or do bad deeds, but i hope and pray that the good outweigh the bad.
Lets keep it in perspective, eh? it is a tool. Can be used for good or bad.
I personally have found the love of my life via the internet, and a whole tribe of great mates as well.
And there is nothing wrong with that.

My concern is why it has become impossible for the formation of such evolution..

Why would you think so? To say something is "impossible" in this context, if you really mean it, is an assumption. If you really believe in the grace of God, I think the appropriate word would be to use something like "rather challenging for the formation of such evolution".

Also what is meant by "Omega point, noosphere", "such evolution" as you wrote it, should not be taken as an absolute. Reading the document where words like "cerebral cortex", "Gaia", "self-conscious awakening" are written together bring out my doubts, at least I cannot confirm that it is absolute fact at this point and I think many would agree as you suggest as well, that such theories are of possibly imagination. But this would be something for us in the future or future generations to confirm, and for now we can only consider whether there is truth in these theories or not.

Personally, I think the theory does express what the Internet is as a start, which may show that the theory is partially true, but where we are going with this, I do not know if the theory is right, therefore cannot absolutely agree with the document. Frankly I think we will outgrow the Internet and eventually operate like as if the Internet never existed as we previously did, but our range of thinking in terms of international values, social skills would be much greater than before we had the Internet for sure. Thus contributing to an environment that would lead us to betterlife.

But I would rather feel uncomfortable to leave any openings as to suggest that humans would all plug themselves to the Internet, leaving their bodies and continue to evolve and eventually fly away into some unknown high-consciousness as a whole, which the theory doesn`t deny, I think that is unlikely and a pitfall that some idiot is likely to suggest if the theory was taken seriously. So to an extent I think I get your point, but again I think there is partial truth in these imaginations.

To heal the collective heart requires grace from above which we increasingly deny.

True that we increasingly deny. But to assume that we could not do this without the grace from above, assuming there is no such thing, I think we might still be able to pull it off if we need to, without necessarily thinking that we "require grace from above". And I don`t know whether God would insist. I think its more important for each one of us to think that it is possible, either through grace of not.

Unfortunately IMO technology will only further imagination causing even more problems.
"Humanism was not wrong in thinking that truth, beauty, liberty, and equality are of infinite value, but in thinking that man can get them for himself without grace.: Simone Weil
Without imagination, how would one find what the grace of God is or anything if you put it that way? Is God going to speak to us when we are not able to hear him (my opinion) ? Imagination and creativity is one of our driving factors in life, that is a fact whether religion preaches the same ideas or not. Again talking the religious talk, assuming there is no such thing in the world as no grace, I would have to disagree with Weil partially on this. And with you I must disagree that we will get no where with imagination. Technology.. just think of it as an axe if you want to, we`re not going no where with just our bare hands and being naked.

I do agree that it is foolish to think that man can get "them" without grace, but it might not make an inch of difference if he made it into a requisite, but I could be wrong on that. Actually I personally believe that without grace, the higher consciousness and strengths of super beings cannot be achieved but I probably wouldn`t say that to people, I`d just show them if I could.

Technology and the growing secular influence it supports will increasingly deny grace, starve the heart, and encourage more superficial emotions and resulting conflicts. I don't see a way around this before hitting bottom. Jesus message was re-birth which required healing the heart. The Internet encourages imagination. One cannot carry their cross on the Internet with imagination. The Internet is a good tool for information but healing the heart requires leaving the Internet.

Let me tell you on a personal requisite that I think is a major requisite that God laid out on us. It is a major sin to choose to be weak in competition as well. Rephrasing this I meant, it is a sin to be weak and one must be strong. In this sense to reject technology is to abondone the well being of family units, friends, children, the group of people one is part of. And thus without technology we cannot survive because one would become weak. And to be weak, would get in the way of understanding the very values you think are very very important to us which they are, is my belief. That is a dilema that we live in, and you cannot abandone one of two. And if you happen to find out from God why, I`d be glad to listen to you.

TK

It is true that people who live and only know homogeneous societies, know less on racism.

And people who live in heterogeneous societies may have traditions of racism and hate.

But leaving the potatoes apart from the beef when making a stew makes no sense at all.. even though the potatoes are going to taste different.

Hmm.. I don`t know why you`re gonna make me say this, but if you`re serious

Say what you want, you are entitled to your opinion.

I just don`t think you understand that God created all the so called satan stuff and satan himself if satan exists to begin with as well.

I don't think you can make statements about my belief/faith as you don't know me. So you can't say what i understand and what I don't, like you, I am entitled to my opinion.

IMO, its all part of our world and has been, including the fact that we feel comfortable wearing clothes. You can spend all your life asking God why, but he won`t answer you the way you`d like probably in words. If nature is what you define as satan, so be it. And I won`t tell you what evil is because its just unnecessary.

I never said "nature" was satan! I said there is evil acts that are easier to do for individuals via the internet.

Frankly IMO you are too tied in, with the negativity. In words and what other people say and do.

My experiences are based on what I have seen and heard, perhaps you need to get out more!

I`m talking about the fact that the Internet exists, which is like the fact that we have the ability to talk to each other, that is all good, don`t bother disagreeing otherwise we`ll all be better as amoeba`s if you had your way.

Eh? I never said that, you have!

What we do with our tools is another story. We can do good with a phone and bad. But don`t take what I said personally, I`m going on a whim to tell you what I think about you.

Again you don't know me and secondly, with respect, I don't care what you think about me! I am entitled to my opinion on the internet.

We do not live in a pure world, and we can choose to accept that, or go around telling other people how to lead their lives, including all the satan stuff that purists think they identify.

I'd never go around telling people how to lead their lives, that's up to them. Maybe your "style" but not mine.

I`d have to say its everyone`s choice if one chooses to identify the so called evil, get occupied/obsessed with it and take action, to talk about it or we can always ignore it.

Yes it is.

In my opinion you are a pessimist, a slight evil interested in identifying your so called evil in a good thing.

You know nothing about me, sorry but that is bull sh*t.

You always have a choice to logoff, set up a tent, go up in the mountains, deserts, go yatching in the middle of the pacific to get isolated from regular society where noone will ever bother you about the so called evil. But if you`re a regular lad, you`d rather spend time with other people than be in isolation forever.

If i did that, so what!

Then don`t be such a hypacrite

You know what you can do! You don't know nothing about me. How can you "judge" me in one simple post I made on my opinion of comparing Jesus to the internet!

(I`ve never had to write this word in my life, btw looked up in dictionary), tell your penguin friends that I said that too if they agree with you.

Perhaps you should have thought about it first before typing it, it's a strong word. I doubt if penguins would agree with you to be honest.

But I guess whether the Internet is Jesus is anyones call..

If you want to think that, then carry on!

oh come on,!!!!
Its a form of communication, like the telephone , like pen and paper.

Yes, Jesus was communication/interaction from God, I'd hardly compare him to a stack of computers and monitors though!

penguin, you hate modernisation so much and yet you use the computer/internet???

Unfortunately I have to use them to earn money in a job! Most jobs these days require you to use a PC and telephone! It's hard to escape from.

If anything, it should be bringing the world and its people closer together not further apart. (imo).
Some bad people will always use whatever means they can to access or do bad deeds, but i hope and pray that the good outweigh the bad.
Lets keep it in perspective, eh? it is a tool. Can be used for good or bad.
I personally have found the love of my life via the internet, and a whole tribe of great mates as well.
And there is nothing wrong with that.

I did say there are good things about the internet, like this site for instance! I'm glad you got something good out of it, good for you!:)

You wrote,

as the internet is for certain things, I think generally it is the spawn of satan..

You know nothing about me, sorry but that is bull sh*t.

If I understood you correctly, I know that you think the Internet is ultimately bullsh*t. Thats my whole point and my response is towards that. No need for me to know more to write the things I wrote.

I`ll return most of the things you wrote to me back to you. I have been around and in many places. Time will only prove who is right, personally I think I am right.

It makes me sick when people start talking about evil when I or anybody else is talking about how wonderful things are. So now you know why you might think I sound a bit hostile, but again don`t take it personally as it`s not just towards you.

In Christian societies, some religous folks can find a devil in any good, but its just the way it is, no rocket science there (God made it that way), it`s foul practice, evil is over-rated, and I`d be happy to debate anyone about that. Its kind of like saying even the most beautiful girls in the world, actually take a sh*t and use the bathroom, and I`m just responding to that kind of practice.

TK

When you think about it, the Internet is kind of like a modern day miracle. To me sometimes it seems like God is waiving his hand at us. I even ponder if the Internet is Jesus sometimes. What do you guys think?

And if you happen to know anything in the bible or any old literature that mentions something like the Internet like a prophecy, Please let me know.

Best regards,

TK
well the bible does say at matthew 24;14 that the GOODNEWS will be preached in all the inhabited earth, and when we think about that ,those who are doing that preaching will use the internet along with other means, but as always its about our own choices as to if we use the internet for good or for bad .

for mee i like to search out the good , and it will always be the official channel that Jesus is feeding matthew 24;45-47

three guesses who i think is the channel that Jesus is working through?:) yes for mee it is JEHOVAHS WITNESSES.

Its all about choices

Back