No More Messiahs! Jesus PBUH will NOT be returning

c0de

Vassal
Reaction score
The one verse which most conclusively refutes the idea that Jesus PBUH will return to earth, was also the one verse which I completely forgot about during our last discussion. No quantity of hadiths or scholastic opinions can overcome the simplicity of this verse and its plain and simple message: that there are no more messiahs.

Before thee, also, the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We
granted inspiration: If ye realize this not, ask of those who possess the
Message. Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they
exempt from death.

Chapter 21: Verses 7-8

This misunderstanding is at the very heart of the problems of the entire Muslim civilization. Every attempt to brainwash young Muslim brothers and sisters is done using this same tactic: they are told that Jesus PBUH is returning to fight the "anti-christ" and they need to join a global "jihad" in order to prove that they are true Muslims. This is the battle-cry for EVERY SINGLE militant Muslim movement in the world, is it not?

So consider this possibility: that all of these hadiths which foretell the return of Jesus PBUH were implanted by Satan to mislead the Muslims. Is that really such an unbelievable idea? More unbelievable then the idea that Jesus PBUH is sitting in heaven and will return to earth to fight the "anti-christ"??? (Really?) We know that Satan could never corrupt the words of the Quran, so obviously he had to find a way to insert his insidious deception into the Muslim creed. So why then is it so hard for Muslims today to consider that even those hadiths which have nothing at all to do with the Sunnah of the Prophet could be corrupted? After all, the whole reason why people like Bukhari started their efforts to compile the hadith was because they saw how incredibly corrupt the hadith literature had become. And to say that they completed the job with 100% efficiency, is just pure fantasy. Nothing man ever does happens with 100% efficiency. Think about this: how much damage have these hadiths caused the entire Muslim civilization? How many Muslims believe that no matter how screwed up our situation becomes, we can just sit back and wait for the Messiah to come and fix all our problems? But this is nothing compared to the people who are doing the damage: all the misguided militants with their dreams of global supremacy. These people actually believe that the mission of the Prophet was to convert every human being on the planet to Islam. (They actually believe this!). And they think they will be the ones to actually accomplish this. Do they really think that they are in any position to overtake the accomplishments of the Companions of the Prophet?

The fact is that the prophecy in the Quran which promised that Islam will be made supreme in the world was already fulfilled within the generation of the Prophet, while Umar (ra) was the Caliph. He had fought DEFENSIVE wars against Byzantium and Sassnid Persia and defeated them both, and this was when Islam stood at the top of the world for all to see. This was the time of Khalid Bin Walid (ra). The man was given the title "The Sword of God", who Allah granted the honor of being the most successful general in the HISTORY OF MANKIND! (someone who is completely overlooked by military historians today, forget Napoleon, Hannibal, Gengis Khan, Alexander the Great) This man fought against the greatest armies in the world, under equipped, and out numbered and never lost a single battle in his life! Does any Muslim seriously believe that we Muslims of today are in any position to overtake the temporal and spiritual accomplishments of the Sahaba?

Those Muslims were actually following >ISLAM< Not much like these false idols of today who shout their fatwas on loudspeakers. These are the people leading this entire ummah down to hell. If you want to know what the "Dajjal/Anti-Christ" really is, then know that it >is< the greatest tribulation since the beginning of time, and we are seeing the start of it. It is this overall system itself which exposes the greatest flaw of mankind (shirk) and ultimately makes man destroy himself. What more could satan possibly want? Is it any wonder that the Jews and Christians, and the Muslims today all believe their own version of this story, while the only scripture which has no mention of the return of the Messiah is the Quran?

We have revealed for you (O men!) a book in which is a Message for you:
will ye not then understand?

21:10

The one verse which most conclusively refutes the idea that Jesus PBUH will return to earth, was also the one verse which I completely forgot about during our last discussion. No quantity of hadiths or scholastic opinions can overcome the simplicity of this verse and its plain and simple message: that there are no more messiahs.

Before thee, also, the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: If ye realize this not, ask of those who possess the Message. Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they exempt from death.

Chapter 21: Verses 7-8

How do you read this verses in plain English ?
I do not understand what you are saying. Thanks​

Hi Soleil,

There are two parts to the passage. The first part:
the messengers We sent were but men
Is stating that the Prophets of God were men, of
ordinary flesh and blood. We Muslims believe that Jesus
(Peace be upon him) was a mortal messenger of God.

The second part: nor were they exempt from death.
Is stating that they have passed away. And we believe that
once a mortal man dies, he can not rise before Judgment Day.

Hi Soleil,
There are two parts to the passage. The first part:
the messengers We sent were but men
Is stating that the Prophets of God were men, of
ordinary flesh and blood. We Muslims believe that Jesus
(Peace be upon him) was a mortal messenger of God.

I agree that Jesus was a man born wihtout the original sin. He grew to perfection (Divine Character). There is debate within Christianity about this issue that goes back to the 1st century.

The second part: nor were they exempt from death. Is stating that they have passed away. And we believe that
once a mortal man dies, he can not rise before Judgment Day.

When we die physically, our spirit still live but it is true that we cannot come back on earth in our physical body. That is scientifically impossible.
Our body do not ressurect. In the same way, our physical body does not disappear and goes to Heaven. Only our spirit does.

Do Muslims believe that Jesus'body was taken to heaven ?

I also want to ask you if you can explain to me how the concept "to love your enemy" is conveyed in Islam.

There is the concept of mercy and forgiveness. I am talking about loving our enemies.

Hey Soleil,

Do Muslims believe that Jesus'body was taken to heaven ?
Unfortunately many do, even though the Quran does not support it.

I also want to ask you if you can explain to me how the concept "to love your enemy" is conveyed in Islam.

There is the concept of mercy and forgiveness. I am talking about loving our enemies.
The concept of "turn the other cheek" was very much part of Islam while the Muslims were living in Mecca and faced sever torture and persecutions from their oppressors, just as when Jesus PBUH and his followers lived in Jerusalem. While the two Prophets shared the same circumstances, the commandment of God to them both remained the same. Muslims were commanded to be patient, and the Prophet asked forgiveness for his enemies. Never once did he ask God to punish them.

However, when the Prophet and his few followers migrated to Medina, they were now the leading members of a city-state. This point never came in the ministry of Jesus (PBUH). The point at which the command to defend themselves was given, the Muslims were facing genocide. Not only should life be defended because life is sacred, but also because the mission of the Prophet was the delivery of the Quran, God's final revelation to mankind, and this purpose had to be completed.

Before thee, also, the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We
granted inspiration: If ye realize this not, ask of those who possess the
Message. Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they
exempt from death.

Chapter 21: Verses 7-8​

Salaam C0de :)

Here are the popular translations:​

YUSUFALI: Before thee, also, the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: If ye realise this not, ask of those who possess the Message.
PICKTHAL: And We sent not (as Our messengers) before thee other than men, whom We inspired. Ask the followers of the Reminder if ye know not?
SHAKIR: And We did not send before you any but men to whom We sent revelation, so ask the followers of the reminder if you do not
YUSUFALI: Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they exempt from death.
PICKTHAL: We gave them not bodies that would not eat food, nor were they immortals.
SHAKIR: And We did not make them bodies not eating the food, and they were not to abide (forever).

The above verses does not contradict whatsover the principle of Jesus [pbuh] returning and Him not dying but having been raised upto Allah alive [in a lesser death... i.e, sleep], for jesus [pbuh] is indeed not immortal, nor is he exempt from death, but the above verses do not say that before each and every Messenger left the earth [and got ascended into the heavens] that they had to die on earth, for not being immortal or not being exempt from death simply means they will sooner or later die, but it dont mean that they have to die before they go to the heavens [for they can return to earth and die at a later date].

Ofcourse we know that All Messengers died and left the earth, except Jesus [pbuh]; that dont make him immortal, for he will indeed return and die a normal death like every other human being.

Even the Prophet [saw] got raised to the heavens in his Miraj, but he didn't have to die to do that did he?, and later he returned to earth; lets just say that the Prophet Isa [as] is having a much longer of a 'ascension to the heavens', and will return later and indeed die.

Hope that helps

Salam

ps: the essential message which those verses gives it seems is that all Messengers were only mortal humans; not that each and every one has allready died.

:)

As'Salamwalaikum Brother Abdallah,
:)

The above verses does not contradict whatsover the principle of Jesus [pbuh] returning and Him not dying but having been raised upto Allah alive [in a lesser death... i.e, sleep], for jesus [pbuh] is indeed not immortal, nor is he exempt from death, but the above verses do not say that before each and every Messenger left the earth [and got ascended into the heavens] that they had to die on earth, for not being immortal or not being exempt from death simply means they will sooner or later die, but it dont mean that they have to die before they go to the heavens [for they can return to earth and die at a later date].

Ofcourse we know that All Messengers died and left the earth, except Jesus [pbuh]; that dont make him immortal, for he will indeed return and die a normal death like every other human being.

Even the Prophet [saw] got raised to the heavens in his Miraj, but he didn't have to die to do that did he?, and later he returned to earth; lets just say that the Prophet Isa [as] is having a much longer of a 'ascension to the heavens', and will return later and indeed die.

"...nor were they exempt from death."

If Jesus PBUH has been alive in heaven for the past 2000 years
then has not been exempt from death? You can say that he will die
one day. But that still means that he has been exempt from death for
the past 2000 years, does it not? Also, The verse is speaking in the
past tense brother. It is clearly talking about all the Prophets. If there
was one prophet who was still alive, would God not have pointed him
out right here? Otherwise God would be contradicting Himself!
That should itself make it clear enough.

Also, your objection that the Prophet went to Heaven as a proof
for your argument can be countered by saying that the ascension of
the Prophet was a vision. Therefore, he did not travel physically to
heaven. But what you are saying, that Jesus PBUH is alive and
physically living in heaven would mean that his body is special, would
it not? I mean there is no way you can say that an ordinary mortal body
can live for 2000 years in heaven, can you? And this contradicts this
part of the verse:

"... Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food,"

This misunderstanding is at the very heart of the problems of the entire Muslim civilization. Every attempt to brainwash young Muslim brothers and sisters is done using this same tactic: they are told that Jesus PBUH is returning to fight the "anti-christ" and they need to join a global "jihad" in order to prove that they are true Muslims. This is the battle-cry for EVERY SINGLE militant Muslim movement in the world, is it not?​

There are extremists ofcourse which believe in vigalante wars, etc, but AlHamdulillah, they are in the verry tiny minority :)

The overwhelming vast majority of us Muslims [as I'm sure you'd know :)] regard martial Jihad to only be in self defence, i.e, if Muslims are litterally attacked for their religion... and offensive wars to fight opression as a last resort, but this type of war has to be ordered by a valid ruler and we do not believe in 'perpetual war' or any other type of war, just because we have foreknowledge [through revelation] of an 'armegeddon'. the 'armegeddon' will fit into the framework of the aforementioned principles too; i.e, the muslims will not be the agressors in that war​

..the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We.. We give them bodies..

Since I don`t know much about the Quran, can anyone tell me who the "We" is in this context. And who`s quoted in the verse?

Because it doesn`t sound like Muhammad or any man or Allah talking.

update: hadiths right? Did they think they thought they sent the messengers like Allah did? because right about now I`ve gotta major question mark on my head ?????

TK

Abdallah + TK

@ Abdallah

There are extremists ofcourse which believe in vigalante wars, etc, but AlHamdulillah, they are in the verry tiny minority :)
Of course brother, but the point is that it is that minority which
is using this concept to lead astray, therefore, it is that concept
which needs to be dealt with. This is their real ammunition, and
they must be deprived of it.

@ TK

Since I don`t know much about the Quran, can anyone tell me who the "We" is in this context. And who`s quoted in the verse?
Hey TK,

It is the royal "we". God is speaking directly in this verse.

.. It is the royal "we". God is speaking directly in this verse.

Thanks for the prompt response, I still don`t get it though..

I understand now that it is God who is quoted, but still why is it "we", what do you mean as "royal"? Does it mean "we" as in "Muhammad & God" or "God & someone else"?

And sorry for the questions, but is it Muhammad who heard the words of God then said these words to the people, that is quoted? If not, who is the one who heard God for these words to be recorded?

Its usually not that hard for me to understand scripture but this seems like a concept that I am not familiar with, hopefully it isn`t.

TK

Thanks for the prompt response, I still don`t get it though..

I understand now that it is God who is quoted, but still why is it "we", what do you mean as "royal"? Does it mean "we" as in "Muhammad & God" or "God & someone else"?

And sorry for the questions, but is it Muhammad who heard the words of God then said these words to the people, that is quoted? If not, who is the one who heard God for these words to be recorded?

Its usually not that hard for me to understand scripture but this seems like a concept that I am not familiar with, hopefully it isn`t.

TK
How do you explain the 'we' in Geneis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

How do you explain the 'we' in Geneis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Hmm.. I never notice that though was a very long time ago. For the sake of this thread, I will ponder on this on the side.

Thanks,

TK

Abdallah + TK

@ TK

Hey TK,

It is the royal "we". God is speaking directly in this verse.

Hi, the way c0de has explained it is also the way I have heard it explained for Genesis.
Joe

Hi TK —

For the sake of this thread, I will ponder on this on the side.

Let me say straight off that the use of the plural for persons of significance goes back to the origins of the Hebrew literary tradition, and indeed figures in the literary traditions of the Middle East before Abraham (I believe) and the Hebrew Sacred Scriptures.

I can dig out references for you to show how widespread this literary device was in the literature of the region.

The modern habit of monarchs referring to themselves in the plural derives from this ancient practice. So whilst God is referred to in the plural in Genesis, for example, if you suggest to an orthodox Jew that he should be, or is unwittingly, a polytheist, you'll get a pretty quick and sharp response!

Remember that these Scriptures form part of Islam's heritage also, they are the sons of Abraham and like their Jewish and Christian brothers are 'people of the book' ... so we can extend that invitation of polytheism to a Christian and a Moslem, and they'll join with the Jew in soundly refuting you!

Thomas

As'Salamwalaikum Brother Abdallah, :)

Wa alikum salaam wr wb brother/sister :)

"...nor were they exempt from death.
"

If Jesus PBUH has been alive in heaven for the past 2000 years
then has not been exempt from death? You can say that he will die
one day. But that still means that he has been exempt from death for
the past 2000 years, does it not?

If you look at the way the other two translators translated it [other than Abdullah Yusuf Ali], it can be seen br/sis that what is really being reffered to in that verse is that all Messengers are mere mortals who has or will eventually die one day; and the same meaning can be gleaned from Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation as well; for Jesus [pbuh] to live for thuosands of years does not make him exempt from death or immortal, for he would indeed die one day after his return to earth; in the sense you saying it is indeed correct that he has been exempt from death till the time he will eventually die, but in this sense all human beings and life forms has been exempt from death till the time they will die.

I think what you may be trying to say is that, does thuosands of years of life make a person immortal or totally exempt from death?, no brother/sis, for even if Allah gives a person or any life forms millions of years of life before their death, they are still not totally exempt from death or immortal.

Also, The verse is speaking in the
past tense brother. It is clearly talking about all the Prophets.

It is indeed speaking in the past tense, but brother/sis, what it is essentially saying as allready explained is that these Messengers who lived on earth in the past were all mere, human mortals and not that each and every one has allready died. Since we have indications in the Quran of jesus' [pbuh] second coming, and since we have it confirmed too by infallible hadiths [mutawatir], and since that verse does not say that each and every Messenger has allready died, then it becomes obvious that the contextual meaning of that verse in regards to Isa Ibn Maryum as [Jesus, the son of mary as] is that he hasn't died yet but will indeed do so in the future.

If there was one prophet who was still alive, would God not have pointed him out right here? Otherwise God would be contradicting Himself!
That should itself make it clear enough.

If the verse was saying that all Messengers have allready died [and just not that they are mere human mortals] then it would have been contradictory brother/sis, but this is not what it is saying.

Also, your objection that the Prophet went to Heaven as a proof
for your argument can be countered by saying that the ascension of
the Prophet was a vision. Therefore, he did not travel physically to
heaven.

Well I dont know the exact evidence which exists for iether view [of wether he was physically lifted to the heavens or wether it was just a vision], but I know this that it is the consensus of the Islamic Scholars that the Prophet [saw] was lifted to the heavens IN PERSON and conscioulsy, and also it is part of the ahlus Sunnah [Sunni] Aqeedah [essential beliefs of faith], thus it has to be based on overwhelming/decicive evidence which leaves no room for differences of opinions.

The Quran says regarding the Ascension:

His mind did not imagine what he saw 53.11

But what you are saying, that Jesus PBUH is alive and
physically living in heaven would mean that his body is special, would it not?

Allah can give any number of years of life to who'm He chooses br/sis, and especially with Messengers, Allah has backed them up with miraculous feats, thus such a feat happening to Jesus [pbuh] shuold come as no surprise to us; it is said that in the ancient times, people used to live for many hundreds of years; does it not say in the Quran that the Prophet Noah [as] lived for 9 and a half hundred years?, thus we know broth/sis that life is not restricted to the average numbers of years a person of this era is expected to live.

I mean there is no way you can say that an ordinary mortal body can live for 2000 years in heaven, can you? And this contradicts this
part of the verse:

"... Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food,"

Allah can achieve it; Allah can achieve all things, infact br/sis will we not all be resurrected physically on the day of judgement to even down to our finger tips?, and will we not enter Paradise physically as well as with our spirits [in our physical bodies]? whatever the case, Allah can make jesus [pbuh] ascend to the heavens in person, just as He did with the Prophet Muhamamd [saw] and make him stay alive there for as long as he wants.

Salaam

@ TK

Western critics of the Qur'an frequently point to the allegedly "incoherent" references to God - often in one and the same phrase - as "He", "God", "We" or "I", with the corresponding changes of the pronoun from "His" to "Ours" or "My", or from "Him" to "Us" or "Me". They seem to be unaware of the fact that these changes are not accidental, and not even what one might describe as "poetic licence", but are obviously deliberate, a linguistic device meant to stress the idea that God is not a "person" and cannot, therefore, be really circumscribed by the pronouns applicable to finite beings.

--Muhammad Asad - Message of Quran

@ c0de

You must have heard about people of the cave? Their death was delayed for 309 years. What we know for sure is that Jesus wasent killed or crucified by them (Jews & Romans). What exactly happened to him, its all conjectures. The thing is that nobody denys/kills their prophet & remains alive, this is very obvious from every story in Quran. So his work here is still unfinished, and it has to be finished by somebody.

His coming back isnt predicted in Quran, & hadith isnt equally authentic. But their are like dozens of related hadith with almost the same authenticity that have been fulfilled. Conquest of Persia, conquest of Istanbul (at that time it must have felt like saying Bhutan will conquer Beijing), formation of Israel, usury being the very fabric of economy, bedunions constructing sky-scrappers, black turbans from Afghanistan etc.

The only prophecies that still remain unfulfilled are the final conquest of India & Jesus destroying both state of Israel/Dajjal & *I guess with it*, the capitalist banking system (usury) too.

I dont see any reason why it wouldn't happen. It has to.

Western critics of the Qur'an frequently point to the allegedly "incoherent" references to God - often in one and the same phrase - as "He", "God", "We" or "I", with the corresponding changes of the pronoun from "His" to "Ours" or "My", or from "Him" to "Us" or "Me". They seem to be unaware of the fact that these changes are not accidental, and not even what one might describe as "poetic licence", but are obviously deliberate, a linguistic device meant to stress the idea that God is not a "person" and cannot, therefore, be really circumscribed by the pronouns applicable to finite beings.

--Muhammad Asad - Message of Quran

I think I now vaguely remember someone explaining this to me more than 2 decades ago.

The term "We" used in this context although sounded very unfamiliar..
I get it now.

Thanks again,

TK

p.s. For a moment I thought I found a link between buddhism and the Book.. and I found this.

Defining the Oneness of God - Chapter 7 - 'As One of Us' in Genesis 3 Refers to Godlike Characteristics
who were entrusted with the keeping of the Hebrew text made illicit alterations to the Old Testament. They changed the original names of God in key references which reveal the plurality of God. Before this alteration, these Scriptures made obvious reference to the existence of two Jehovahs Who were both God.

Abdallah + TK

@ Abdallah

Of course brother, but the point is that it is that minority which
is using this concept to lead astray,.

I think I have heard something like the Shi'as are awaiting their 'Mehdi' who they believe is going to usher in an 'armegedon' period too [but I dont know wether they believe in the second coming of the Prophet jesus pbuh] and may even have a notion of 'paving the way for him' with wars etc, but not sure of that and not sure if they believe in martial Jihad other then the defensive...

but as far as I have seen of what the 'Sunni' extremists say of their reasons for extremist Jihad, is that they are fighting in defence against the kuffar onslaught, and to overthrow 'unjust Arab/muslim leaders' but the latter seems to have ceased except in the case of Pakistan maybe..., but where they go wrong is their vigalantism [for Islam dont allow that] and targetting civillians and fighting Muslims..., but I've never once heard any of them say that martial Jihad should be fought as we have foreknowledge of an armegeddon thats going to take place, so I think you may be mistaken that that is the reason why extremists fight

therefore, it is that concept which needs to be dealt with. This is their real ammunition, and they must be deprived of it.

As I say bro, I have looked into 'extremist rationale' a bit, but never once did I hear or read anywhere them giving the reasons for fighting as for there being foreknowledge of an armegeddon thats going to take place :confused:

c0de "while the only scripture which has no mention of the return of the Messiah is the Quran?"

soleil10 "Do Muslims believe that Jesus'body was taken to heaven ?"
c0de, I am astonished. I think these questions are connected to Christianity's warfare, too. Although I know little, I know that Muslims have never accepted the trinity and never will. They are always trying to argue against it. Christians have trouble entertaining the possibility that there isn't one. We feel defensive about it. I think you understand and have probably talked with Christians about it before. It seems the more fundamentalist we claim to be, the less we can discuss it without repeating 'Trinity is a mystery' like a mantra.

I should know, because a Muslim tried to argue with me about it long ago. He was married to a Christian woman at my church and used to sit in at the services. (At our charismatic assembly he probably felt fortunate to be mostly deaf, though to his credit he tried to get something out of the services. :p ) Even as a young man I was unsure about the trinity, because I had read all of the Christian scriptures. They're not as simple as people say, full of gears that won't turn until you put them together right. Nevertheless, I held on to trinity for a long time, putting off the question for as long as I could. There was no way I was going to openly talk to a Muslim about it; because to me that would be like talking to a JW or maybe a Mormon or one of those other religions used as scarecrows to keep us in our church walls. (I am not saying that all Christian congregations use scarecrows.) I eventually found some non-trin Christian literature that made things a little better, but until recently there were still enormous problems with comprehending the various verbages of the NT.

This brings me around to asking a trained Muslim's opinion. I gather from the above posts that the Quran doesn't directly say Jesus is returning, although some 'Hadiths' suggest he is. You say he isn't. Lately I've posted about the meaning of 'The Son' which I think early Christians saw as a distribution of the Spirit upon themselves. I come by this interpretation through my own journey. A corollary of 'The Son' with this understanding, is that the return of Jesus in Christian writings is metaphorical. If you don't mind: what would Islam say about the Son being a metaphor for the Spirit?

Lots of people say trinitarianism was official around 300 along with christianity's Nicene Creed, but they also say it was debated long after that. My best guess right now, is that 'The Son' among certain Christians was originally about the distribution of the spirit. This, to me, was perhaps overlaid with Platonian trinitarian concepts, debated, and finally made into a shibboleth to repel thinkers. Thinking types might rise up against royal authorities, but those who 'just accept' are the types that support the prevailing administration. You might proverbially say that to keep the population cooperative, the royals kill anyone wearing glasses not speaking the shibboleth.

Christian politics around 600 or 700CE would only have been undermined by Islam's success as a religion, so I think it was in every Christian kingdom's interest to keep Christians unreachable by Islam's missionaries. To my knowledge, converting Muslims to Christianity (and perhaps vice-versa) has often been by sword rather than by conversation. Perhaps the trinity's main function is as a valuable barrier against Muslim and other theists, since Christians have no simple way of explaining it. (Though I do not think trinity is the main difference between Christianity and Islam, it is the chopping block for most conversations between the two.) I know from experience as a Christian that we have no choice when put on the spot but to defend trinity, since it is official 'Doctrine'; yet we cannot really explain it. We must accept it as a mystery, yet we must show support for it with verses. This is inconsistent with a fundamental approach to the writings, and I believe a fundamental approach leads to my view of The Son. Conversations with Muslims are ended quickly, because trinity always comes up right away. Bingo, Christianity wins the conversation every time, with no fear of loss of government authority.

Your Koran started sometime around 600CE, so I'm borrowing it for a second as an old Historical document. It excludes trinity. If, as many Christians ministers and religious schools say, Islam were an imposter to a solidly trinitarian Christianity, than it would make no sense for the Koran's writers to denounce the trinity. It would lose them converts. Trinity is the greatest conversational obstacle between the two religions and acts as an effective barrier (thus enabling in the past even a conscientious Christian crusader to kill righteous Muslims for example). Now let us say the Christian ministers are wrong, then the Quran as an instrument of God denounces trinity, then Christians must still explain where their trinity doctrine comes from. Either way, this seems consistent with a metaphorical return of 'The Son'.

Last edited:
Back