War ethics in Islam

Ah, yes, when backed into a wall, pull out yet another logical fallacy. Misdirect by accusing someone else. "Watch the monkey dance!" and hope everybody looks away.

Now you are just being silly. I stated very clearly that Muslims get up to all sorts of dreadful things and we must recognise them and deal with them.

However to suggest everything is a conspiracy theory and governments do not spy/impersonate/kill/etc to fit their own agenda is simply being an ostrich.

Beautiful post. Speaking on the war ethics of Islam, I'm reminded of a story. I can't remember all the datails, but I think it was a Muslim soldier fighting in Iberia. He had knocked his enemy down and raied his sword to kill him. Right before he struck the killing blow, his enemy spat on him. He walked away and let his enemy live. When asked later why he did it, he replied "At the moment he spat on me, I was no longer fighting for Allah, but for my own revenge."

Beautiful post. Speaking on the war ethics of Islam, I'm reminded of a story. I can't remember all the datails, but I think it was a Muslim soldier fighting in Iberia. He had knocked his enemy down and raied his sword to kill him. Right before he struck the killing blow, his enemy spat on him. He walked away and let his enemy live. When asked later why he did it, he replied "At the moment he spat on me, I was no longer fighting for Allah, but for my own revenge."

That incident occured well before Iberia, and the protaganist was Ali (ra).

Lovely story, how common is that behavior in the real world?

So does that mean I can shout "Mother Teresa!" and just ignore all criticism of the real sins committed by my fellow Christians. The instructions in Scripture are all well and good, but if we refuse to live by them, what do they matter?

So does that mean I can shout "Mother Teresa!" and just ignore all criticism of the real sins committed by my fellow Christians. The instructions in Scripture are all well and good, but if we refuse to live by them, what do they matter?

i don't recall disagreeing with this position, so...

This is a really decent post. I expectation that people will conversation about this more in the media and away where there are Muslims and non-Muslims.

Back