Metal?

Bellator

Catholic. Formerly StarshipEnterprise
Reaction score
Anyone else listen to metal music? I've been getting into it recently and just can't get enough of it.

Some of the bands I like are: Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Falconer, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Dream Theater, Opeth, Alchemist

I've got some Apocalyptica and some Godsmack, plus a couple Lita Ford's (one w/ Ozzy) and a couple Black Sabbath.

Research is your friend, sometimes. *shrug*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Anyone else listen to metal music? I've been getting into it recently and just can't get enough of it.

Some of the bands I like are: Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Falconer, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Dream Theater, Opeth, Alchemist

Sounds like you're into some of the more classic bands - there's an interesting array of newer metal these days on top, such as Linkin Park, Marylin Manson, and a ton more. :)

Sounds like you're into some of the more classic bands - there's an interesting array of newer metal these days on top, such as Linkin Park, Marylin Manson, and a ton more. :)

Manson and Linkin park are just ok. To be honest I don't think of them as metal.

Falconer, Gamma Ray, Dream Theater, Opeth and Alchemist are newish. Dunno if anyone around here have heard of them.

I've been listening to a lot of Opeth and Alchemist lately--more on the extreme end of metal.

Heavy metal was quite popular here during the dreadful popular music of the '80's. (We were throwing fits over the bad popular music of that time here, which gave rise to the 'Grunge movement.')

Some other metal bands that come to mind: Krokus, Pantera, Meshuggah, Slayer, and Motorhead. If you're interested in our local transition from metal to grunge, check out Coven (more metal with signs of grunge,) Alice In Chains, (manically caught between metal and grunge,) and Soundgarden, (more grunge with the signs of a decidedly metal influence.)

lol, im just grateful my boys have stopped listening to rob zombie.......... (mind you, i use to love music my parents hated too. lol. eg. sex pistols...... )
oh, im clearly showing my age now. lol

I used to listen to some metal: nightwish, metallica, meshuggah, primus, pantera. Lately I don't find myself listening to music as frequently and when I do it's generally lighter, though I can still go for Nightwish and Primus from time to time.

lol.... I used to listen to all sorts of warpped *blankety blank* but, now I can't be arsed with all that fast, heavy and aggressive gumph... Some easy rock, or reggae some trance good stuff.. Metal thing of passed.... Oh by the way there is alot heavier bands than those mentioned above.

I remember as a kid getting metal music. Getting high on the energy and headbanging. But it gets tired fast.

Back