Jesus is the only way

Manji2012

Reaction score
Sometimes you can bump into someone who will see that those who follow the teachings of the Buddha are doomed to Hell because they do not believe that Jesus died for their sins. That Jesus died on the cross. I remember my Aunt's wife telling me that.

However, I have also heard that, there is actually very little in the Bible to support the view that believing in Jesus is the only way to salvation and that those who follow the teachings of the Buddha are doomed to go to hell forever.

That verse that goes. I am the life the truth and the way, no one comes unto the father but by me.

I can see how people can reinterpret that differently.

Anyway, do a lot of Christian churches teach that Jesus is the only way?

If you are a Christian, do you believe that those who follow the teachings of the Buddha, does not believe in Jesus as the only way to salvation or heaven, is doomed to damnation-hell?

Please use the canonized Bible to support what you believe.

I ask cause, my friend is saying that those Christians that say people are going to hell for not believing in Jesus, really can't use the Bible to support what they say. I would like to agree with him but, I will not know until I read it.

But, what do you think?

I am the life the truth and the way, no one comes unto the father but by me.
Yes there are many interpretations and many beliefs on this topic.

There will be some that point to other sheep, and others that indicate the decision comes from others than us and our interpretations, at judgement.

I do not subscribe to hell or the concept that anyone that refuses to declare Christ as their lord and saviour is headed there.

I contemplate that it is thru his nature that we are saved, thru our striving to follow that nature. And also that often Jesus refers to 'I am', and is he talking about Jesus the man, or the divine "I am". If one believes in the Trinity, which indicates that Jesus is one with G!d, what are we talking about Jesus or G!d?

All that put their faith in Jesus Christ and repent of their sins are saved and move on from death to eternal life, it in christian terms it is called hidden in christ. That is their judgement will be, "Good job faithful servant."

Those that never heard of Christ will be judged.

Those that heard of Christ, but did not accept Him will be judge.

But all will kneel and acknowledge that Christ is Lord God and Saviour, this the Father has promised, and ultimately, there is no other way into heaven but through Christ. Somehow i feel there will be those that willfully and blasphemously reject Christ due to a hardened heart or have done so much evil with no regret and love for evil will be judge so harshly, that hell may very well be an option. After all has been said and done, Jesus is still the only way.

it's a big load of poo... the morality of a christian is not much different to the morality of a buddhist.... surely God/Jesus would be more concerned about you being a good person than caring whether you believed soley in him....

jesus is NOT THE ONLY WAY... if you believe that then you are a fool... Jesus himself said- there are many mansions in my fathers house...

it's a big load of poo... the morality of a christian is not much different to the morality of a buddhist.... surely God/Jesus would be more concerned about you being a good person than caring whether you believed soley in him....

jesus is NOT THE ONLY WAY... if you believe that then you are a fool... Jesus himself said- there are many mansions in my fathers house...
I believe that Jesus is the only way, whether you tried to do good or bad, the point is Jesus is the only way to enter into heaven. you either acknowledge it now through faith, or be judged lightly or harshly, but He will be acknowledged. Also i find it extremely rude and resent you calling me a fool for believing that Christ is the only way. I believe in the words of Christ, that He is the way, the truth and the life. This is my belief.

If Jesus is "a" way, then what purpose would be served by believing in another? And how can a believer in Jesus be a fool, if Jesus is "a" way?

If Jesus is "a" way, then what purpose would be served by believing in another? And how can a believer in Jesus be a fool, if Jesus is "a" way?

I believe I understand what she meant... Someone who is a closed minded passive oppressor lol is a fool is what she is saying. Or that's how I took it. Not a believer in jesus is a fool.

.. Aunt's wife telling me that. ..

Minor pointing, but did I hear you right that your aunt has a wife?..

Sorry for not adhereing to your request in biblic texts.

Those that profess that Jesus is the only way to God, do not understand that it is mainly them who are the one`s being rejected by some buddhists and not Christ who is at the center of rejection. There are plenty of Christians who reject other Christians and I think that kind of situation is magnified when a non-Christian rejects Christians. Then again, I assume there are plenty of Buddhists who would not understand Christianity, on the otherhand there will be many who would understand Christianity as well.

True buddhists will always understand Christianity IMO, whether they like Christians or not.

But one thing any buddhist would find odd in Christianity, is the glorification, justification and logic of the crucifixion that IMO as a believer in Christ, is gruesome and only man`s justification and man`s denial of man`s sin. Say if the crucifixion was a result of our sin`s, it`s OK for the Lord Jesus to ask for our forgiveness, but it is not right in us saying that it was justified like we are forgiven.

For us to glorify and somewhat justify the crucifixion would be like an addict addicted to murder in denial that we committed a murder on apocalytic proportions, and following with a twisted logic to justify sin, to keep our sanity. The Grace of Jesus has saved us from this insanity, but we must continue to repent and make sure that we stand on the right side as Christians, which seems to be overlooked severely by rather our acts to glorify murder.

And that point alone, as buddhists believe in "Thou shalt not kill (not only murder)" cannot justify or agree with any Christian man doctrine about the crucifixion. But would agree in the general doctrine of Christianity if it were to be presented to them and they take the time to understand. In essense it is the doctrine of Christian forefathers who are being rejected and not Jesus, that is on our short coming.

Another thing to note is the massive hysteric tendencies of Christians towards non-Christians as being a possible anti-Christ, like the thought of the possibilities alone means considering Christian Jihad. This is one of the biggest strengths of Christians in the material world, but IMO Christians are just as prone to be anti-Christian as any other human being.

And yet, it is not Christ who is being rejected, but only Christian men and Christian doctrine of the forefathers who are being rejected. It takes a Christian upbringing to truly hate Christians, fyi. And any Christian who would actually express that non-Christians would go to hell, should stop wasting time, if anything consider that just as many Christians are just as likely, and also should repent in them coming up short to spread the existence of Christ.

TK

p.s. If anything I believe the world would be a better place if Christians could keep the anti-Christians nurtured in Christian societies locked up in a box as they are the worse (e.g. Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Vietnam war etc..).

I think something could be said by the part of that verse that says, "the Way, the Truth, and the Life". I think it gives great latitude in how we come about 'knowing" Christ. This trifecta may open a lot more doors than you think.

Consider the "WAY". What does Jesus mean by that? Does it mean his manner of lifestyle, how He worshipped and related to God, how he had compassion for people? Are we not to take Jesus by example?

Then there is the "TRUTH". Is this the truth about what he said? Is his word gospel (pun intended)? Does he have inside knowledge of God that we need to know? Is what he said conducive to learning the deeper meaning of the Law and how to love God and our neighbor?

And finally there is the "LIFE". Could this be his very life? The same life that he would lay down for his friends, which demonstrates no greater love. is he the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world?

If one only gains partial knowledge of Christ in just one of these three areas, and make the application, would that be enough to be able to 'come to the Father but by Me'?

OK.

In answering to your request for keeping in line with Biblical text.

I assume Christ never mentioned the word Christian or Christianity. And therefore Jesus never said that Christians and Christendom are automatically the "followers of Christ" . Man Christian arrogance in assuming so, and undervaluing of Christ might I say.

TK

jesus is NOT THE ONLY WAY... if you believe that then you are a fool...

I BELIEVE THE BIBLE AND WHAT IT TEACHES MEE:)

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. JOHN 3;16-17

Back