My introduction. My story.

AleksandrA

Reaction score
Once in my life has happened some events that, made me revise one more time all my past life and how foolishly I’ve lived it. I didn’t do anything bad in it. But it was absolutely obvious that every day, every hour I was justifying my own egoism, selfishness, my own laziness, I wasn’t striving to know myself, but rather how to gain more points in the society through that knowledge. Or, to make a long story short, in all my life, studies and family life only one thought was hiding behind it all: “I, about me and only for me”.

And realization that this small bodily empire of my “I” is coming to the big end, that is, to the real death, gave birth in me to all that animal fear, horror, despair and hopelessness which I have been so intensely experiencing . I’ve realized that the death is not as fearsome as its foolish anticipation. Because in reality, it’s not the bodily death you are waiting for, but for the crash of your egoistic world, on which building you’ve been working so hard all your life.
But historyknows peoples, who have comprehended this mortality!It means that they have cognized something really important, something really worth spending their life for?!

These questions began to worry me more than anything else. But I didn’t find answers to them. Then I turned to the literature sources of major world religions. But the Great, such as Buddha, Jesus, Mohamed, were those who has been already observing from the shore. But how did they get there? It’s written everywhere: by concentration, faith, prayer.

But how? Explanations of their followers were so confusing, so odd and veiled, that my brain was just falling asleep when my eyes were making efforts to read the same words ten times over. The teachings themselves of those geniuses were interesting, but they only reflected common truths of all mankind. Perhaps, the essential grain of knowledge was hidden in between the lines. But, alas, I was just an ordinary human being, not the “chosen” one, so I wasn’t able to grasp it with my mind. Although, reading of certain lines did evoke something inside of me.

Then a new question arose. Why are there so many people in this world who believe? If they believe, it means, they hope for something in the future. In all world religions it is written about existence of life after death. If to throw away the shell of legends and myths, then, possibly, there is really Something but what? How does it express itself? How does it manifest itself?

I’ve tried to get deeper into the paths of religion, but just got more confused there. The only thing that I’ve understood was that there is one thing that unites all the world religions – and it was the power of faith of the people themselves, their attempts to cognize God and themselves. And quite amazed I have discovered that people-phenomena were searching for the very same thing in their search, who has achieved first results on their path, and in fact many of them didn’t belong to any religion. They just were wise and talented individuals.

Then, what’s the matter? Why is this phenomenon inherent to the human nature? What’s behind it? There were plenty of questions, but too little answers. That gave push to search further.

And, as they say, the one who’s looking will always find. And I have found ! But what I have found was more than unexpected for me because it surpassed all my ideals even in my dreams.

I have found Sensei of Shambala, Book I, the books ofthe modern popular writerin Ukraine - Anastasia Novykh!Now I understand that myordinary perception is just an illusionary barrier, a skillful trap set up by our Ego on the path to the perfect Spirit. And the important, that a human being possesses mind and his real power is in his thoughts.
Leo Tolstoy has this beautiful saying : “Thought is the beginning of all. And you can rule your thoughts. That is why the most important thing in self-perfection is to work with your thoughts”.:cool:

The one, who will overcome thisillusionary barrier,will discover more for himself thanhe would dare to hope for. Because Knowledge will be His prize, because Truth will be unveiled. :)

Welcome to the forums :)

Interesting post by the way... I was reading an abstract of the
book you mentioned, and it claimed that Newton actually plagiarized
the work of some Muslim scientist... I should probably look into this
further...

Welcome to the forums :)

Interesting post by the way... I was reading an abstract of the
book you mentioned, and it claimed that Newton actually plagiarized
the work of some Muslim scientist... I should probably look into this
further...

:rolleyes: Oh yeh... the Haynes manual for the Austin Mini was also plagiarized from some lofty passage in the mighty Koran !! Gimme a break.

:rolleyes: Oh yeh... the Haynes manual for the Austin Mini was also plagiarized from some lofty passage in the mighty Koran !! Gimme a break.

You know that rolling eyes emoticon looses its affect when
you use it in in like every single post...

btw, I know you are trying to make sense, but you will have
to try a little harder...

For a second there I thought I had some amazing piece of wisdom to impart, but it seems to have flown away. Hello, AleksandrA.

hi anyone watched 'science and islam' on bbc4 recently? its quite true that islamic scholars and of course the jewish/christian philosophers who were still pally with them translated the greek texts [particularly aristotle since he was an empiricist,well biologist] since christianity and the west were 'debased' during the dark ages; of course this was not acknowledged by the west.

Welcome to the forum AleksandrA I can appreciate what you say in your post. Have fun!

Back