Face of god...

Just did it.

Wow.

What can I say.

There must be a god.

Now ... which religion should I sign up to, for best results?

There are so many to choose from, which is best?

;)

I may as well tell you, I am not being entirely sincere here. :D

really :eek:

I would never have guessed :rolleyes:

but I will pray for you

that God will open your eyes
and you would experience his Love
that would find your way
and that you will know peace
and I ask this is the name of Jesus :)

ON SEEING GOD
"... I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." -- Genesis 32:30

"No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18

ON MAKING GRAVEN IMAGES
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven...earth...water". (Lev. 26:1)

"[And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying...] And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them." (Exodus 25:18)
Terrific observations! Clear contradictions that no one has ever seen before! I cannot believe I've been so stupid!!!! I'll bet even those whiny ex-Christian atheism sites couldn't come up with something this conclusive!!!

There are masses of contradictions out there. Most of them cannot be explained or addressed without really bending things, and moving the goal posts.:)

God be seen?

EXO 24:9,10; AMO 9:1; GEN 26:2; and JOH 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (EXO 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (EXO 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (GEN 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:

"No man hath seen God at any time." (JOH 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (EXO 33:20)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1TIM 6:16)

Yes, I can see that you clearly know what you are talking about. I would not dare argue with one such as you.

hee hee, that is what is funny, you want a face revealed...look in the mirror...G!d is there...however you'll have to see thru your facade to find sincerity.

I may as well tell you, I am not being entirely sincere here. :D
exactly...and
And if anyone says that all I need do is go look at the snowflakes, and that will do as proof, I think I will scream!
was there anyone there to hear if it made a sound?

There are masses of contradictions out there. Most of them cannot be explained or addressed without really bending things, and moving the goal posts.:)

God be seen?

EXO 24:9,10; AMO 9:1; GEN 26:2; and JOH 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (EXO 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (EXO 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (GEN 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:

"No man hath seen God at any time." (JOH 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (EXO 33:20)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1TIM 6:16)

Yes, I can see that you clearly know what you are talking about. I would not dare argue with one such as you.
Oh, why worry, appears our enlightenment is simply a counterpoint to our mee, instead of trolling and cutting and pasting from JW sites...he does it from atheist sites and doesn't give those that actually did the research and provide him the ammo to play here any credit...

:rolleyes: Translation = Those contradictions make me feel uneasy, therefore I will resort to sarcasm.

Oh, why worry, appears our enlightenment is simply a counterpoint to our mee, instead of trolling and cutting and pasting from JW sites...he does it from atheist sites and doesn't give those that actually did the research and provide him the ammo to play here any credit...

Do you wish to actually address the contradictions.

Or just avoid them, and have a go at me instead?

:rolleyes:

to answer the OP it has something to do with His Glory.. Maybe you could also say His "power" His light or whatever. I know that He told Moses not to look upon Him or He would perish.. and once when Moses came off the mountain his face shone so brightly and all he did was touch the outer areas of that Glory everyone waiting for him could see it... you could read the story for yourself if you were really interested.

I also know that God is all that is truly good and we as humans cannot be near that Good once sin has entered the picture.. the Whys and Hows of it I think is one of the big mysteries.. but someday I will find out and until then I just believe what He says in the word.

He did reveal Himself to us through His son Jesus Christ and Jesus's sacrifice allowed us to approach His throne. but you would have to believe to understand that I think. :)

Do you wish to actually address the contradictions.

Or just avoid them, and have a go at me instead?

:rolleyes:
Namaste e,

I answered your queery at the beginning of the thread if you recall. And I am simply reminding you as I have mee, that cutting and pasting without references is not legal, not condoned and does indicate something about you personally. But that is not reflective of what I say, but of what you say and do.

As for your biblical quotes...if you've read any of what I've posted, I don't believe the entire bible to be literal historical fact. But rather best efforts of folks around 2000+ years ago trying their utmost to explain nature and their reality with insights that they gleaned...using a language that is still 2000 years later inadequate to do so.

So in trying to explain the unexplainable and then the variety of interpretations and translations we have to look deeply to find what is known as truth. And it can never be found by taking one line out of context here and then comparing it to one line you took out of context there.

You have to research to see if the lines are contained in one is supposed to be history, a story, a parable, an allegory, an analogie etc... and then look also to the moral, the metaphysical, the social aspect of the day etc.

You prefer to take pot shots, parrot others words and dance to the next item on your list.

I don't need to address contradictions...I know there are tons of contradictions...not only in the bible but in your posts as well...should I just completely discount you as valid?

Enlightenment, try to imagine that not everyone is against you for a second. I am not opposed to your freedom of thought or your atheism. If you cannot take my word for it, then consult some Pychologists and Historians.

Why would I want to squelch your movement? I have made over 1000 posts here, and you can look through them. I want you to be happy, but you are part of a movement that is about to doom itself to failure. Mainly that is because it is proving intolerant of other points of view. You in particular make it painful to explain anything to you. You think your evangelistic movement is up and running, and I'm trying to tell you it lopes like a lemming. Find balance or it will die.

I guess the rest of us are all demon possessed to you. I tried to tell you that you are a religious zealot, but you could not imagine it. I tried to tell you your scriptural arguments are fallacious, and that they come across as ignorant pieces of steaming crap. You took it as an attack. Right or wrong, in the long run you are set up to have the social impact of a tomato on a wall. You are like Richard Dawkins who though he has written some influential works has dealt a serious blow to your movement. The last thing any religious person remembers him saying is "Maybe its time we stopped being so damned respectful!" Perhaps you should consider his discussion of memes again. Right now you only consider people who agree with you to be rational. Doesn't that remind you of a religion at all?

Enlightenment I used those examples in the Judaism forum if memory serves me right, most likley doesn't but maybe you will find some interesting comments from others there on it.... (the od can be/can't be seen thing.)

Steve mate, it's Steve - remember!!!

Anyway, when you used them, did you end up with anything close to a satisfactory answer?

*no snowflakes as an example* :p

Back