How to meet God ?

GlorytoGod

There is a River
Reaction score
Whats the best way to meet God in your opinion ?

I have already met him loads of time, so I already know what works for me

what works best for you.

Prayer, Drugs, Meditation, Grace, worship etc ?

Acts of kindness (both giving and receiving), prayer (structured and unstructured), meditation (for prayer and meditation, either alone or in the community), being present to this moment and the study of both explicitly spiritual material and some more secular subjects.

Whats the best way to meet God in your opinion ?

I have already met him loads of time, so I already know what works for me

what works best for you.

Prayer, Drugs, Meditation, Grace, worship etc ?
seek seek and seek ,and listen

Opening my eyes and seeing my fellow travelers in 3D, be they aminate or inanimate.

Or closing my eyes and going within.

Don't have to meet G!d, G!d is here waiting. It is us who chooses to shut G!d out.

imo

Don't have to meet G!d, G!d is here waiting.
We're soaking in it.

How does a fish meet the ocean? Can you imaging a fish asking, "How do I meet the ocean? How do I get closer to the ocean?"

Now, as an atheist, you may think I don't believe in the ocean, but that's not accurate.

I just don't try to put a beard on it, and pray to it for my salvation.

We're soaking in it.

How does a fish meet the ocean? Can you imaging a fish asking, "How do I meet the ocean? How do I get closer to the ocean?"

Now, as an atheist, you may think I don't believe in the ocean, but that's not accurate.

I just don't try to put a beard on it, and pray to it for my salvation.
As a theist and a Christian, me neither.

Every time I allow myself experience love in my life, I meet G-d. Every time I allow myself to love others, I know G-d. God is love, and those who love have been born of G-d and know Him.

GK

Get alone, then start thinking about your physical size, the length of your life, and all of the things that make your life possible. Overlook the things that bother you as insignificant, since you are. Now in your mind everything everywhere should be just a great big smile, because you are seeing the wonder of everything. If you feel overwhelming appreciation, then you are very close; and if you can silently maintain this positive point of view then you are transformed.

Acts of kindness (both giving and receiving), prayer (structured and unstructured), meditation (for prayer and meditation, either alone or in the community), being present to this moment and the study of both explicitly spiritual material and some more secular subjects.

what spiritual path are you on ?

how do you seek ?

zepheniah 2; 2-4

Before [the] statute gives birth to [anything], [before the] day has passed by just like chaff, before there comes upon YOU people the burning anger of Jehovah, before there comes upon YOU the day of Jehovah’s anger, 3 seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger. 4

putting things in to practice

and listening, and recieving from faithful ones
luke 9;35 matthew 24-45-47:)

Peace be upon you all

How to meet God is a very interesting question. For me, it is the question that I live to solve, to realize and live for.

To me, meeting God can be achieved by fulfilling His dos, and avoiding His donts. Be with God, and you will see Him with you. And that s for me what the prophet Jesus peace be upon him meant when he said that he and the Father are one. Yes, when we fulfill God's orders, we meet God. We become one with Him in purpose, and that 's the real meeting.

Back