Ken Wilber and Judaism

dauer said:
Both astrology and tarot factor in a degree of randomization, either explicitly as in tarot or implicitly as in astrology. That reinforces a plasticity in the application because different permutations come up for different people.
but in order for that to actually relate to the people concerned, wouldn't it be necessary for there to be some kind of actual connection between the people and the astronomical bodies concerned? outside of the gravitational pull on the 70% of water in our bodies, i'd find that hard to understand.

Essentially, in the same way that, according to Sheldrake's theories, a particular room or building will maintain a certain degree of memory, if you will. The way in which the space has been used leaves an imprint on that space.
i can understand that where i can see a clear link between the space and the activity in the space, that's the same way that playing a guitar affects the molecules in the soundboard by vibration; that's perfectly kosher physics. however, i'm less certain of the link between the calendar and our bodies unless it is something to do with our position in orbit in relation to the sun and moon and the time of year and so on.

b'shalom

bananabrain

[quote-bb]but in order for that to actually relate to the people concerned, wouldn't it be necessary for there to be some kind of actual connection between the people and the astronomical bodies concerned? [/quote]

No. There's so much that can potentially be found in any given chart. Everyone has all of the signs, planets and houses on their chart. For each sign, there's a house and planet that corresponds. There's a planet and house that by their nature are more aquarian, for example. That's three opportunities to see the same archetypal content expressed in different arrangement and relationship. The astrologer has to interpret the chart based on the individual. The chart isn't concrete. It requires interpretation. The horoscopes that you see in a newspaper are based on the sun sign, but the sun sign is only one of the signs on a chart and in isolation is not terribly useful.

however, i'm less certain of the link between the calendar and our bodies unless it is something to do with our position in orbit in relation to the sun and moon and the time of year and so on.

There are different systems for mapping the houses, signs and planets in the sky. The traditional method has not been revised to account for changes in the sky at night. Even though not everything is in the same place as it was, the sky's still divided up the same way. There's another method that divides everything based on earth's relationship to all of this stuff today. Reb David in his course argued that we've been projecting these relationships on the same quadrants in the sky for so long that they've taken on this certain quality. I vaguely remember challenging him during the course that, if the associations with these have changed, then why would all of that time matter? I don't remember his response, if I had answered that question, but I imagine it would have to do with the fact that the personality of the heavenly bodies hasn't changed, just our application of them.

Sorry, when I originally answered this I didn't get what you were saying. Yes, it's the relationship between an individual's location and the orbits of all of the planets (as well as the sun and moon), quadrants of the sky (houses) and constellations.

hi,

if you consider the birth chart as a blue print of the holographic imprint of the All at the moment of birth [which delineates the rising sign, the ruling planet of which 'rules' your chart,wherever it is found]. So if you consider the moons influence on your water levels why not the other planets further away in a more subtle energy form? [cf chakras].

I too was concerned of the accuracies due to precession but choose to see it symbolically in pattern like ways. btw it is the moons nodes [points in space where moon crosses ecliptic-earths orbit around the sun] which signifies present/past karmic influences for spiritual development [well the whole chart is karmic so to speak]. the north or dragons head is positive tendencies to be incremented using the south node dragons tail lessons; unfortunately we tend to fall back on the south node [past] traits as they are so ingrained. Like scientific hypotheses there are disagreements on interpretation.

Back