the great day of Jehovah is near

M

mee

And there is a hurrying of it very much ZEPHENIAH 1;14

Today, as in the first century, “all those who [are] rightly disposed for everlasting life” are responding to the message of truth. (Acts 13:48)

And I will rock all the nations, and the desirable things of all the nations must come in; and I will fill this house with glory,’ Jehovah of armies has said.
Haggai 2:7

ARE YOU RESPONDING and are you a desirable one .

Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.
(John 4:23, 24)

Jehovah has reestablished pure worship and united those who yearn to worship him.

This had been foretold through the prophet Isaiah:

“It must occur in the final part of the days that the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream.”—Isaiah 2:2.

its all happening in this the final part of the days
:)

Another act of deliverance is yet to come

one that will involve everyone on the face of the earth.

In a stunning display of power, Jehovah will sweep aside all who oppose him, and he will deliver his people into a new world in which righteousness is to dwell.

What a delight it will be to see an end to wickedness and the dawn of the most glorious era in all human history!—Revelation 21:1-4.:)

We are now living in the time of the end, and true knowledge is indeed abundant. DANIEL 12;4

Worldwide, holy spirit has led lovers of truth to an accurate knowledge of the true God and his purposes

but the GREAT DAY OF JEHOVAH IS NEAR

and NOW is the day of salvation

OMG!! :eek: Is it 1914 already!!!
Yes, mee, define near.
GREAT DAY OF JEHOVAH IS NEAR
As has been mentioned almost 1/10 as much as you've shouted from the rooftops that the sky is falling, every generation since the disciples has been thinking and telling us it will occur in their lifetime...

Each date comes and goes...

So define 'NEAR'.

1Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.

Revelation 22

Moved to Christianity, as this is about the Christian scriptures and concepts and not general interfaith.

Peace,
Kim

... define 'NEAR'.

I'm with wil on this one.

There must have been millions of people who have predicted the "GREAT DAY OF JEHOVAH."

They'd read the signs. They'd been touched by the spirit. They knew Jesus was coming.

And they've been wrong, year after year, generation after generation, millennium after millennium.

So Mee, you'll have to forgive us if we roll our eyes.

But I would be interested in hearing why you think this time it's different, especially in regards to the myriad of failed past predictions.

And if I may... I'd like to make a request. Could you tell us in your own words? I find that far more interesting that quoted scripture. Thank you.

This must be an error.
Looking at the thread tree on top of page it says I am in X-ianity turf, yet found thread in B & S.:eek:

Every day is the day ...

Thomas

Exactly! So you can never be wrong. Cool. I can work with that.

I've been thinking about creating a website that plays on this theme.

I'd make it all legitimate looking... like I really believed this stuff... and I'd make an appeal to visitors to deed my their property, turn over their bank accounts and send me their valuables because the DAY OF JEHOVAH IS COMING!

I'd throw in some "blessed are the meek" and "easier for camel to pass through the eye of a needle" messaging just to encourage people to give up their belongings.

I'll bet it could be a money maker for me.

And when the day never comes, and people start to run out of their life savings and contact me asking if they can get their money back, I'll just say, "Every day is the day."

Hi Wil —
If you are saying that we should act as every day could be our day of judgement, then I can agree.
That's what I meant: 'Like a thief in the night' — we just don't know. Should we not be good, or do the right thing, 'cos' we think no-one's looking?

By all accounts, Global Warming is a Doomsday scenario to some, a blip to others. Who's right? Whatever our answer, it's a matter of conviction, isn't it? What side do we take ... if any?

Islam says "imagine He is at your elbow," and every tradition says the same, whoever or whatever their 'He' is, He is there, waiting for us. Hopefully, smiling.

Tragically, this insightful comment on human nature devolves down to "and He'll know if your naughty" which is not the point at all. My tradition is infamous for it, I know that, and man being man, it's probably the same in its own way in every other. I don't know, that's not what I look for.

All I know is when I need Him, He is there. When I want Him, He says 'not on your terms'. When he's not there, it's not 'cos' He's not, it's just that I've stopped looking for Him — my mind is somewhere else.

Thomas

Hi Wil —

That's what I meant: 'Like a thief in the night' — we just don't know. Should we not be good, or do the right thing, 'cos' we think no-one's looking?

By all accounts, Global Warming is a Doomsday scenario to some, a blip to others. Who's right? Whatever our answer, it's a matter of conviction, isn't it? What side do we take ... if any?

Islam says "imagine He is at your elbow," and every tradition says the same, whoever or whatever their 'He' is, He is there, waiting for us. Hopefully, smiling.

Tragically, this insightful comment on human nature devolves down to "and He'll know if your naughty" which is not the point at all. My tradition is infamous for it, I know that, and man being man, it's probably the same in its own way in every other. I don't know, that's not what I look for.

All I know is when I need Him, He is there. When I want Him, He says 'not on your terms'. When he's not there, it's not 'cos' He's not, it's just that I've stopped looking for Him — my mind is somewhere else.

Thomas
I like the sentiment behind all that. But Mee and many others that do this religion stuff mainline is that they create a really sad view of reality and reject personal responsibility down to the exception of evangelising indisputably corrupt scriptures. I find it terribly disheartening to see. It is like being in an avant garde black and white pastiche that loops interminably. To me its genre is most definitely 'psychological horror'.

Yes, mee, define near.As has been mentioned almost 1/10 as much as you've shouted from the rooftops that the sky is falling, every generation since the disciples has been thinking and telling us it will occur in their lifetime...

Each date comes and goes...

So define 'NEAR'.
those who have not fallen asleep to bible prophecy and chronology, can see with the eye of understanding that there is a hurrying of the great day of JEHOVAH , but they can also see that there is much opposition and ridicule to the understanding of bible prophecy and chronology.

but the goodnews about the kingdom ,and the goodnews that the most high Jehovah is going to step into the affairs of mankind goes on regardless of the opposition.

matthew 24;14 Daniel 2;44 and NOW since 1914 ,we have been living in the time of the end (the end of manmade goverments)that is :)

yes keeping awake to bible prophecy and chronology , has gone on to great blessings and understanding.

:) thrilling times indeed:)

1Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.

Revelation 22

yes, in heavenly New Jerusalem, lighting will be unnecessary. The city will be illuminated by Jehovah himself.

and there will be no dark adversity or separation from God , ITS GOOD ISNT IT
:)

And the provisions that are provided are for the healing of the nations

The realization of this vision of New Jerusalem, the Lamb’s bride, is the happy climax to which Revelation points

and it is VERY GOOD

And if I may... I'd like to make a request. Could you tell us in your own words? I find that far more interesting that quoted scripture. Thank you.

The bible is what it is all about , not my words:D

But I would be interested in hearing why you think this time it's different, especially in regards to the myriad of failed past predictions.

quote]
bible prophecy and chronology always come true and it never fails:) and it hasnt

Every day is the day ...

Thomas
now is the day of salvation , and the window of escape is open.:)

how we as individuals respond to that GOODNEWS is up to us as individuals matthew 24;14

do we respond in a positive way or a negative way.? the goodnews that the heavenly kingdom has been set up and established in the the heavens in 1914 DANIEL 2;44 and the goodnews that Jesus has recieved his kingship as a reigning king with great aurthority DANIEL7;13-14 ,is being made known .

And soon the end of this wicked system of things , which we are living in right now, will come .

but first the goodnews about the kingdom has to be done , and it is to put people on notice

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14

Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first.... mark13;10

Hi Wil —

That's what I meant: 'Like a thief in the night' —

Thomas
very true, no one knows the day or the hour when the day of JEHOVAH will come, but one thing is for sure , we know where we are in the stream of time ,and we know that we have been living in the time of the end since 1914 , and that fact is inline with what the bible really teaches .

NOW is the day of salvation ,and the window of oppotunity is open

matthew 24;14

I like the sentiment behind all that. But Mee and many others that do this religion stuff mainline is that they create a really sad view of reality and reject personal responsibility down to the exception of evangelising indisputably corrupt scriptures. I find it terribly disheartening to see. It is like being in an avant garde black and white pastiche that loops interminably. To me its genre is most definitely 'psychological horror'.

when accurate knowledge is promoted , the listening to Jesus is very important .luke 9;35 thats why JEHOVAHS WITNESSES are really listening to Jesus .

and that includes teaching others what he taught matthew 28;19-20

thats why you will not see a JEHOVAHS WITNESS killing others by learning war , they are very into listening to Jesus , and they have love among themselves worldwide.
Both Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ have set us examples in displaying love.

Back