The Holy Name of God

A

A. Ben-Shema

... is perhaps the most important thing we can know in our lives.

All genuine religious scriptures (not just the Bible) say that without true knowledge of the ONE HOLY (SPIRITUAL) NAME of God there can be no Salvation.

So I challenge anyone to explain exactly what is meant by this Sacred/Holy SPIRITUAL NAME of God.

:confused::confused:

:)

All genuine religious scriptures (not just the Bible) say that without true knowledge of the ONE HOLY (SPIRITUAL) NAME of God there can be no Salvation.

So I challenge anyone to explain exactly what is meant by this Sacred/Holy SPIRITUAL NAME of God.

can you give us some scriptures to go on ?

JEHOVAH means HE CAUSES TO BECOME , and he will certainly
PROVE WHAT HE WILL PROVE TO BE .

who and what he is—are fully summed up and expressed only in this personal name.—Ps 83:18.

יהוה

I would have though 'the Name by which you will know Me/Him' is sufficient data, as the name by which He should be known.

In Christian Scripture, for example, there is no higher name than Abba, Father. In Christian Tradition, there is no higher name than Kyrios, Lord.

Thomas

This all sounds like kabbalah maasit or the masonic search for the name of God which is the key to creative magic.

Salvation...if you mean salvation from ignorance I am with you, there is no other "salvation".

Salvation...if you mean salvation from ignorance I am with you, there is no other "salvation".
You mean there is nothing in existence, at any level, that you don't know about?

Thomas

Try this from young's Literal Translation:

Exodus 3:

14And God saith unto Moses, `I AM THAT WHICH I AM;' He saith also, `Thus dost thou say to the sons of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.'

We are not "I Am." We are a plurality including this or that with the potential for I am: "To Be." God draws us towards becoming oneself: "To Be" and I Am becomes a son of God. Where salvation is having felt and honoring the potential, the kingdom is having actualized the potential and become "I Am." which as we are, is beyond our comprehension.

You mean there is nothing in existence, at any level, that you don't know about?

Thomas
I am saying that waiting for some kind of rescue from this world via a demi-god after one lifetime for a day of judgement is a christian myth-conception.
Meaning fictional.
And I was a christian for many years, baptized in water, the holy spirit, went to bible college, was an assistant pastor.

I am saying that waiting for some kind of rescue from this world via a demi-god after one lifetime for a day of judgement is a christian myth-conception.
Well, you haven't even expressed the 'myth' with any kind of accuracy, so even on the most superficial level, one could not be criticised for assuming that you don't know what you're talking about.

I do accept that you might be ex-Jehovah Witness, or some other modern denomination that denies the divinity of the Son, in which case I lament the fact you've been led astray.

Meaning fictional.
If you could prove that, you'd be a rich man ... but you can't.

And I was a christian for many years, baptized in water, the holy spirit, went to bible college, was an assistant pastor.
So, no guarantee of anything, other than the strength of your own opinions.

Thomas

Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Thy NAME.

The following words are reported to be from the mouth of Yehoshua Himself:

Jn 17:6 I manifested Thy Name unto the men whom thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them to me; and they have kept thy word.

Jn 17:7 Now they know that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are from thee:

Jn 17:8 for the words which thou gavest me I have given unto them; and they received them, and knew of a truth that I came forth from thee, and they believed that thou didst send me.

Jn 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine:

Jn 17:10 and all things that are mine are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them.

Jn 17:11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in Thy Name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are.

Jn 17:12 While I was with them, I kept them in Thy Name which thou hast given me: and I guarded them, and not one of them perished, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jn 17:13 But now I come to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy made full in themselves.

Jn 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them from the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil one.

Jn 17:16 They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.

Jn 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth: thy word is truth.

Jn 17:18 As thou didst send me into the world, even so sent I them into the world.

Jn 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.

Jn 17:20 Neither for these only do I pray, but for them also that believe on me through their word;

Jn 17:21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me.

Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou hast given me I have given unto them; that they may be one, even as we are one;

Jn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that thou didst send me, and lovedst them, even as thou lovedst me.

Jn 17:24 Father, I desire that they also whom thou hast given me be with me where I am, that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Jn 17:25 O righteous Father, the world knew thee not, but I knew thee; and these knew that thou didst send me;

Jn 17:26 and I made known unto them Thy Name, and will make it known; that the love wherewith thou lovedst me may be in them, and I in them.

N.B. The Holy "WORD" referred to throughout the scriptures is identical to the Holy "NAME" of God ~ see Revelations 19:13.

Acts 4:12 "There is no other Name under heaven given among men by and in which we must be saved."

See also: Psalms 54:1; 91:14; Joel 2:32 & Acts 2:21

and some ancient gnostic texts on the subject:

“One single name is not uttered in the world, the Name which the Father gave to the Son, the Name above all things: the Name of the Father. For the Son would not become Father unless He wears the Name of the Father. Those who have this Name know it, but they do not speak it. But those who do not have it do not know it.” (Gospel of Philip).

“The Name exalted above every name. They (genuine ‘Apostles’ / ‘Messengers’ of God) will reveal that Name to those who are worthy of it.” (Apocryphon of John).

“The Word, which was the first to appear, revealed to them the Pure Mind which speaks the One Word in silent grace.” (Gospel of Truth).

“The Name is invisible because it alone is the mystery of the invisible which comes to ears that are completely filled with it. For, indeed, the Father’s Name is not spoken, but it is revealed through a Son. In this way, then, the Name is a great thing. Who, therefore, will be able to recite His Name, the great Name, except Him alone to whom the Name belongs, and the sons of the Name in whom rests the Name of the Father, and who in turn themselves rest in His Name.” (Gospel of Truth).

“There is one Name which is more excellent than them all, the Name in which are all names and all lights and all powers. Whoever knows that Name… no darkness, no worldly power can hold down the soul which knows that Name.” (Pistis Sophia).

“He (the Father) revealed how the Living Word is not made up of vowels or consonants, that one might read it and think of something foolish, but Spiritual letters of Truth which they alone invoke who know them… The Name is not formed of letters, nor does His Name consist of appellations, but it is invisible.” (Gospel of Truth).

:):)

Well, you haven't even expressed the 'myth' with any kind of accuracy, so even on the most superficial level, one could not be criticised for assuming that you don't know what you're talking about.

I do accept that you might be ex-Jehovah Witness, or some other modern denomination that denies the divinity of the Son, in which case I lament the fact you've been led astray.

If you could prove that, you'd be a rich man ... but you can't.

So, no guarantee of anything, other than the strength of your own opinions.

Thomas
Actually it was Baptist (for denomination).
I was providing a very brief synopsis (not intended to be exhaustive) so lament if you will.
As for opinions, at the end of the day, that is all any of us has.
Your opinions do not hold any more weight than anyone elses, it is just emotional attachment which makes one think so.
By the way, what denomination/sect are you a part of?

So are you going to tantalize us with mystery or are you going to enlighten us with "The Name"?

If you read below you will see two reasons why I cannot reveal the Mystic Name,
1.) Only genuine Apostles may reveal it, and to only those who are worthy.
2.) As the Mystic Name is not made up of vowels or consonants, it is impossible to transmit over the internet.

“The Name exalted above every name. They (genuine ‘Apostles’ / ‘Messengers’ of God) will reveal that Name to those who are worthy of it.” (Apocryphon of John).

“He (the Father) revealed how the Living Word is not made up of vowels or consonants, that one might read it and think of something foolish, but Spiritual letters of Truth which they alone invoke who know them… The Name is not formed of letters, nor does His Name consist of appellations, but it is invisible.” (Gospel of Truth).

Try this from young's Literal Translation:

quote]

regarding Exodus 3;14

the New world translation has a good translation of what should be in that verse.

At this God said to Moses: “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU.’” :EXODUS 3;14

and also the translations below

“I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” Heb., אהיה אׁשר אהיה (’Eh·yeh′ ’Asher′ ’Eh·yeh′), God’s own self-designation; Leeser, “I WILL BE THAT I WILL BE”; Rotherham, “I Will Become whatsoever I please.” Gr., E·go′ ei·mi ho on, “I am The Being,” or, “I am The Existing One”; Lat., e′go sum qui sum, “I am Who I am.” ’Eh·yeh′ comes from the Heb. verb ha·yah′, “become; prove to be.” Here ’Eh·yeh′ is in the imperfect state, first person sing., meaning “I shall become”; or, “I shall prove to be.” The reference here is not to God’s self-existence but to what he has in mind to become toward others.

and it is so true that the most high JEHOVAH does prove to be what he will prove to be , and what ever is his purpose will come to be .

but then it would be, because he is the most high, and nothing or nobody can stop what he wants to happen .

yes there is great meaning in that name of his HE CAUSES TO BECOME :)

2.) As the Mystic Name is not made up of vowels or consonants, it is impossible to transmit over the internet.
Oh, good grief ... of course, if this was based on some other tradition, then I'd let it pass without comment, but as it's supposedly based on Christian Tradition ... don't make me laugh ...

... Be advised however, Mr BS, that if you understood the interior dimension of Christ throwing the money changers out of the temple, then you'd seriously rethink your line in these matters.

Thomas

I do accept that you might be ex-Jehovah Witness, or some other modern denomination that denies the divinity of the Son,

Thomas
JEHOVAHS WITNESSES stick very closely to what the bible really teaches ,and they do not take onboard the trinity doctrine because it is manmade, and they stick to good bible aurthority, and they know that Jesus is Gods son just as the bible teaches them LUKE 9;35 .

and Jesus himself said that the father was greater than he was.

the bible is good ,we cant go wrong if we stick to what it really teaches .

Jesust Christ

Definition:

The only-begotten Son of God, the only Son produced by Jehovah alone.

This Son is the firstborn of all creation.

By means of him all other things in heaven and on earth were created.

He is the second-greatest personage in the universe.

It is this Son whom Jehovah sent to the earth to give his life as a ransom for mankind, thus opening the way to eternal life for those of Adam’s offspring who would exercise faith.

This same Son, restored to heavenly glory, now rules as King, with authority to destroy all the wicked and to carry out his Father’s original purpose for the earth.

The Hebrew form of the name Jesus means “Jehovah Is Salvation”; Christ is the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shi′ach (Messiah), meaning “Anointed One.”

The Name is not formed of letters,

These four letters (written from right to left) are .....יהוה .......and may be transliterated into English as YHWH (or, JHVH).

Correct Pronunciation of the Divine Name. “Jehovah” is the best known English pronunciation of the divine name, although “Yahweh” is favored by most Hebrew scholars.

The oldest Hebrew manuscripts present the name in the form of four consonants, commonly called the Tetragrammaton (from Greek te·tra-, meaning “four,” and gram′ma, “letter”).

Namaste mee,

Two very surprising posts. Information I've never heard from you before, thank you so much for enlightening us as to your views on this subject.

There's yet another possibility: (3) there's no naming the Unknowable.

Back