Red Dwarf...

Did it suck?

• Yes I thought it was bad... It has died.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I thought it was bad I hope they make more though

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No I am a fanboy and It kicked ass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No It was good because......

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
Who here saw/downloaded Season nine? (three episodes which were released last weekend.... titled 'back to Earth') Hands up who was pissed? lol.... I am just curious to find people that are fans of the show..... And just see if it was "just me"....

I think around season 7/8 it went down hill :(

The end of the series... Well why are we bothering to call it a series... The end of the show... It picked up a bit... But was predictable...

I am not honestly sure why they are calling it a season... It's only three episodes... (maybe *fingers crossed* they will expand it.) and they all could of been made easily into one episode. It was broken up I think to "suit" television... I also think there are parts in it that most won't appreciate if they are not English... I don't want to ruin it lol for those that haven't seen it but it has connection in the show to another tv show which is only on English TV...

I am not honestly sure why they are calling it a season... It's only three episodes... (maybe *fingers crossed* they will expand it.) and they all could of been made easily into one episode. It was broken up I think to "suit" television... I also think there are parts in it that most won't appreciate if they are not English... I don't want to ruin it lol for those that haven't seen it but it has connection in the show to another tv show which is only on English TV...
Like how the movie Zargos also contained satirical tidbits about other movies?

Yes, kind of went out a bit lame - saw a little of one of the specials on Dave, and had to switch off because it was so awful. It was like trying to watch tired old men do tired old slapstick.

You needed to include the poll option, "What the hell is Red Dwarf?"

Actually, I confess, I do know about it... just never watched a show.

There's no way I'll buy a DVD of it, but is there a place on the web to view episodes?

Ooooooh So you would say it's the cast and not the writers? Or a bit of both?

Heh, I just meant there was nothing there to use - it all just look tired.

The last series I remember especially as seeming weak, but the special I saw a section of just wasn't funny in the least. It seems to lack a general vitality.

Also, didn;t they normally have canned laughter in the show (or at least some seasons) but this was missing in the specials? Kind of felt like a funeral - watch a show dying, live!

How sad is that - when you miss the canned laughter? :)

cat is still the sexiest cat alive... and oh! he has hardly aged at all, especially when stood next to the corrie crack head... purr....

I enjoyed the new three shows- except the coronation street one- okay, yes, it was a bladerunner parody, but still... it was the lamest of the lot...

i think as a show it still has a little mileage left...

Uhm could try youtube I shapose.

I've only seen short clips there, not whole episodes.

But the content on the web is improving all the time. Perhaps one day I'll be able to see what all the fuss is about.

cat is still the sexiest cat alive... and oh! he has hardly aged at all, especially when stood next to the corrie crack head... purr....

I enjoyed the new three shows- except the coronation street one- okay, yes, it was a bladerunner parody, but still... it was the lamest of the lot...

i think as a show it still has a little mileage left...

I didn't really expect someone to say they enjoyed 'back to Earth'.... Wow.. Fair enough lol.

I've only seen short clips there, not whole episodes.

But the content on the web is improving all the time. Perhaps one day I'll be able to see what all the fuss is about.

PERHAPS ONE DAY!!! One day!

One day I'll be a real boy :/ I'll prove myself brave, truthful, and unselfish, and someday, I'll be a real boy!!!!!

CZ use torrentz or limewire or something then lol. Then you can download episdoes... Heck, you could download WHATEVER YOUR HEART DESIRED!!! I downloaded a mail order bride yesterday!!!

I could bet on you everytime!!! (and make tons of money!)

Whenever a UK show is mentioned you soon say "and of course the young ones!" lol :)

Well it is kinda still around... lol It went quiet after season 8 not sure how long ago that was but it is years. And I guess this one came out in perhaps a survey to see if the masses would still "dig it" maybe they wil make more or maybe they were saying goodbye. *shrugs!*

It was good but seemed lame at first. Mainly because there was no audience laughter on it. I have all 8 seasons and you get used to the audience being there. It's part and parcel of Red Dwarf. The storyline was OK, a bit lame in places, but OK... it was much better on the second viewing.

Long live Red Dwarf.... what's your favourite season, 17th Angel??

Not sure which season.... Hmm, I know that they are like wines however, the older the better... Like compare some of season 8 (and "9" if you wish) to When they went to 'nodnoL' or... When Lister had to marry that.... Thing lol.... My fave episode is the prison ship one where you wear them freaking control boots... And whatever you do to someone else happens to you... lol Them two badasses attempt to kick the dickens out of them lol. Or the freaking polymorph!!! Or, or, or..... See my point..

Back