The Kronicles of ElectroniK Music

c0de

Vassal
Reaction score
With the death of Rock, some expected ElectroniK music to take over the reigns... that didn't turn out too well, but it was fun while it lasted. As far as I am concerned, the first five years of this new century were the peak of all trends in the Electronic Music scene: House, Trance, Tech, Minimal, DnB etc... This thread is an ode to those epic beats, the wasted brain cells and the sketchy memories.... (in short, the best two years of my life)

Let me take you on a ride through what would've been a pretty decent weekend, 3 years ago, in the main room of any major after hours club.

Euphoric Trance 11PM - Stuff you would listen to on your way,
like on an old CD you find in your friends car somewhere

Tiesto - In My Memory

House: 12:30AM-3AM - You would have heard in the first set, this stuff,
anyone can dance to

Deep Dish ft. Stevie Nicks 'Dreams'
Closer to me (Satoshi Tomie Rmx)
Trentemoller Remix - What Else Is There

Trance: 3AM-7AM - The bar has closed, and all the drunks have left...
The mood shifts, the glow sticks come out, the lasers turn on...
and the HardKore Krew takes the stage

Tiësto - Adagio for strings (Original LP Version)
Paul Van Dyke and Deep Dish - The Other Side
Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)

The Downer - Sunday Morning stuff you would listen to on the beach at
8AM, trying to make sense of the sketchy memories of a night, that by
now is just a distant apparition

Tiesto feat Andain - Beautiful Things

Alas, all not-so-good things come to an end... Today, there is no more "trance" or "house"... there is just... the same generic beat, that every DJ plays at every club, all over the world... Good thing I had already left the scene by the time the downfall came. Most of my friends who are still active on the front love the contemporary music exemplified by Dubfire... but whatever ... I know better.

(NOTE: There is a whole separate playlist you would hear in an underground house-only club, but that stuff I can't find on the internet... Too bad, cuz they are some of the best, most original beats ever produced... dark, deep, and dangerous....)

With the death of Rock, some expected ElectroniK music to take over the reigns... that didn't turn out too well, but it was fun while it lasted. As far as I am concerned, the first five years of this new century were the peak of all trends in the Electronic Music scene: House, Trance, Tech, Minimal, DnB etc... This thread is an ode to those epic beats, the wasted brain cells and the sketchy memories.... (in short, the best two years of my life)

Let me take you on a ride through what would've been a pretty decent weekend, 3 years ago, in the main room of any major after hours club.

Euphoric Trance 11PM - Stuff you would listen to on your way,
like on an old CD you find in your friends car somewhere

Tiesto - In My Memory

House: 12:30AM-3AM - You would have heard in the first set, this stuff,
anyone can dance to

Deep Dish ft. Stevie Nicks 'Dreams'
Closer to me (Satoshi Tomie Rmx)
Trentemoller Remix - What Else Is There

Trance: 3AM-7AM - The bar has closed, and all the drunks have left...
The mood shifts, the glow sticks come out, the lasers turn on...
and the HardKore Krew takes the stage

Tiësto - Adagio for strings (Original LP Version)
Paul Van Dyke and Deep Dish - The Other Side
Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)

The Downer - Sunday Morning stuff you would listen to on the beach at
8AM, trying to make sense of the sketchy memories of a night, that by
now is just a distant apparition

Tiesto feat Andain - Beautiful Things

Alas, all not-so-good things come to an end... Today, there is no more "trance" or "house"... there is just... the same generic beat, that every DJ plays at every club, all over the world... Good thing I had already left the scene by the time the downfall came. Most of my friends who are still active on the front love the contemporary music exemplified by Dubfire... but whatever ... I know better.

(NOTE: There is a whole separate playlist you would hear in an underground house-only club, but that stuff I can't find on the internet... Too bad, cuz they are some of the best, most original beats ever produced... dark, deep, and dangerous....)

hey if they aint playing it start it [and never part with they old cassettes!]

YouTube - Billion Dollar Gravy By London Elektricity

OK Dr Code what is your diagnosis and prescription?

The stuff that's got nice tunes and singing, very melodic...like the Stevie Nicks...I don't need. :)

The relentless, minimal, tuneless stuff...like Adagio for Strings (sorry Mr Barber:rolleyes: )...I love! :D

s.

Sorry COde, this stuff sounds like the music they play during Women's aerobics class.

Metallica still rocks!

@ Native

Dieselboy! I remember this cat from waaay back in '99-'00 when he was just startin'.
Here see if you remember this: The Fugees - Ready Or Not (Jungle Remix)
This wuz probably my fav jungle beat back in the day

@ Paladin

:rolleyes: any more testosterone testimonies from you today Mr. Man?

Some decent Lounge music

[youtube]TXzJ0Z2lL5w[/youtube]

(mild language warning)

The music I know the best is commercial TV advertisements and charismatic stuff. I'm pretty much stuck on whatever they played on the school bus in 1989, with a few modern enhancements. I have recently discovered cheap youtube original (home-made) trance music and whatever is legal on youtube. I have a Madonna CD but I can't find it. I found my U-2 CD but I don't really like it that much. I still have my Radiohead CD (which is awesome) but its too depressing to play that all of the time.

My contribution to the Kronicles of ElectroniK Music are some fresh, bold new lyrics to the 60's Spiderman cartoon opening music. (Its an advertising idea I've come up with for MicroBan socks, just now) Here's the original song and lyrics: YouTube - Spider-man Original Cartoon Theme Song

Here are my new lyrics (yeah man)

MicroBan

MicroBan, MicroBan!!
does whatever a microbe can!
fabric keeps smelling fresh!
an anti microbe-mesh! Stinks out!!!
You're wearing MicroBan!!!

Shameless Plug

My contribution to the Kronicles of ElectroniK Music are some fresh, bold new lyrics to the 60's Spiderman cartoon opening music. (Its an advertising idea I've come up with for MicroBan socks, just now)

^^ You're doin it rite :)

btw, there should be a thread collecting all the opening themes for cartoon shows... remember pink panther?! That was so good!

Back