Did God send His messangers with more than one religion?!!

Reaction score
This question is really important. All Jewish, Christians, and Muslim brothers and sisters have to think about that...

If we believe in the same God (I dont know it this is true with others), then the thought of God's sending prophets of different religions is really confusing....

The Jews dont believe in the prophet Jesus peace be upon him as a prophet, but I dont know if they believe he was sent from the same God they believe in. If believe, why then the need of a new religion?!

The Christians believe in Moses peace be upon him. They believe in his prophethood, and he was sent by the same God they believe in. Yet, the question remains: Why did God send Jesus peace be upon him with a new religion and not the same as that of Moses peace be upon him?!

Muslims think that Judaism and Christianity are religions sent by the same God they believe in. The quetion is the same: why the sending of three different religions by the same God??

Last edited:
I think G!d speaks to a lot of us.

But our understanding of all that is is always incomplete.

When we try to transfer that incomple understanding to others, we find our language incapable of expressing even that we do know.

I think in its own way every religion is complete enough for a certain percentage of the population to grok what is behind it.

hence Buddhism is enough for one, Hinduism for another, Judaism for another, Islam for another, Christianity......and on...and on..

btw an atheist can get it without a religion....

The question is the same: why the sending of three different religions by the same God??

I think human beings -- even the most holy prophets and mystics -- have limitations. When we see or hear something (earthly or Divine), it goes through a "black box" in our mind that filters the pure experience through our own thoughts, experiences, culture, language, etc. What is actually perceived, then, is pretty subjective. This is how two people in the same family, same family dinner conversations, same family vacations, can have two completely different family experiences.

So I think there is only one set of core truths that has been filtered by different people in different ways to create different religions.

That's my 2 cents anyway -- thanks for raising this great question!

The quetion is the same: why the sending of three different religions by the same God??

Because each culture needs a prophet that it can identify as its own.

Every culture has its prophets, someone to guide and inspire the masses.

Even today many wise and enlightened people walk the Earth. But there currently is little need to elevate any of them to the status of prophet. When that need arises, someone will be recognized and will be made to carry the mantle for future generations.

Perhaps God does not send prophets to different cultures, but instead different cultures find different ways to describe God?

Perhaps God does not send prophets to different cultures, but instead different cultures find different ways to describe God?
That would be more logical, since God allegedly is no respector of any particular persons.

I dont think God is interested in starting religions, he wants us to know him and love him and be loved by him. Religion is what you get when you try and intellectualize GOD IMO.

I agree that different culture find different ways to describe the same God.

But I don't think God "sends" anybody; that's a little too anthropomorphic for me.

However, I do think that there are people all over the Earth that are far wiser than us (me), working towards and achieving enlightenment... all the time.

These are the people that could take the mantel of prophet. But I doubt there is much desire to take on a new prophet these days. The Muslims don't seem ready to part with Mohammed, the Christians aren't ready to trade in Jesus, the Buddhists are still stuck on Buddha.

Can God be restrained/constrained to/by one religion?

Good question! I don't think God is restricted to any particular religion in the same way that a multifaceted jewel is not restricted by any one of its facets.

I think G!d speaks to a lot of us.

Yes, for sure, He does. He speaks to us through His universe, through the things happning with us...He sends us signs from now and then, but are rare those who really read the signs and Listen to Him..

And more than that, darling, He listens to us...His door is always open, but are rare those who turn to Him...That's why, putting those people in time of destress is the core of mercy. At this point alone, those people can understand that there is a caring, loving God and turn to Him...

That's why sometimes, not giving is the core of giving...

But our understanding of all that is is always incomplete.

Totally, agree..

When we try to transfer that incomple understanding to others, we find our language incapable of expressing even that we do know.

hhh,, I totally agree too, esp when if one is weak in using language skilfully as the case with me:D...

So I think there is only one set of core truths that has been filtered by different people in different ways to create different religions.

I get your point, DrDeb, and you ve reached my point in amazing way...I am going to explain it later....

PS: Welcome to the forums, wish you fruitful journey with us..:)

Back