Banned from the UK

T

Tao_Equus

List of banned individuals was published for first time.
BBC NEWS | UK | UK 'least wanted' list published

so...

Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal
Yunis Al Astal
Samir Al Quntar
Stephen Donald Black
Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim
Erich Gliebe
Mike Guzovsky
Safwat Hijazi
Nasr Javed
Abdul Ali Musa
Fred Waldron Phelps Snr
Shirley Phelps-Roper
Artur Ryno
Amir Siddique
Pavel Skachevsky
Michael Alan Weiner

....stay the **** away, you aint welcome!!

Thoughts?

I don't see the point in it.

Why do we need to know who is freaking banned? It isn't my job to stop them coming in.... Give the list to the freaking cops at the airports and so on... I couldn't give a **** who is banned and who isn't.

Naming people is just their petty last dig at the people that have been exiled..... There is no reason at all that anyone needs to know their names... Like people give a rats ass....

When one visits Williamsburg Va, the seat of the Virginia Colony prior to the revolution you can visit the courts and the jail.

Some interesting things aobut that time period, early to mid 1700s.

There was one church in town, the CoE and you were required to attend at least once a month...

The jail cell was about 7mx7m with a toilet on a bench. It had one use to hold a person till trial. There were no jails as today. No incarcerated prisoners, only folks held till trial. At trial you had one or more (combination) of the following outcomes. not guilty and released, or guilty and fined, pillaried, indentured, banished, or executed.

Isn't Cat Stevens still on the banished list for the US?

I don't know about the rest of your folks...nobody gives real names here...or at poker night.

We've never gone for all-out "free speech" in the UK, but instead "free speech with responsibility".

Unlike the US, all of us in Europe have inherited a terrible history based on the effective use of fear, hatred, and racism, which effectively destroyed much of the continent and the lives of its people in the middle of last century.

We learned the hard way what extremism can lead to. So no wonder we're looking to keep it out.

Surely a responsible move?

We in the US don't publish this kind of list. We just have one. Excuse me sir or mamm, please step over into this room here...and a private jet takes you to the new gitmo...

Reminds me of a time when I bid and won the award for a contract at the 911 (emergency police/fire phone number) call center. We were installing new HVAC system for the folks taking the calls...all the computers and bodies in a small area was taxing the old system.

In the same building the jail was housed. It was a secure area and I had to submit social security numbers for all those who were to be working there (we do the same at the CIA, FBI, gov't buildings etc) I called and said I hadn't gotten any approvals ( they usually send me an acceptance list or the 'banned' list farely soon so I can get subcontractors to rearrange their crews)

Not at this facility, the list is just so they can save paper work. One contractor had 3 guys go in, only one came out, the other two were given a cell. The next day he sent that one and two more, only two came out.

The jail did regular work and regularly picked up old warrants with contractors delivering the folks right to them....

oh dear me, it seems that this is *actually* an opportunity for people on the list to get rich at my expense by suing the home secretary.

Shock jock Michael Savage and others on UK ban list had not applied for entry - Times Online

d'oh!

b'shalom

bananabrain
He's a sensationalist, makes money by promoting himself. He would have paid millions to get on that list as that is what it will be worth to his bottom line during contract negotiations after this publicity stunt.

i've not heard of any of the other jews on the list, but they don't sound very nice. i do wonder why they were included, however, if they haven't actually made plans to visit.

b'shalom

bananabrain

i've not heard of any of the other jews on the list, but they don't sound very nice. i do wonder why they were included, however, if they haven't actually made plans to visit.

b'shalom

bananabrain
other jews?? Does Michael Savage consider himself a jew?

Heck you guys just put him on notice...in case he was thinkin about visiting...think again...

b'shalom

bananabrain

They are from the "come back" department of Murder INC.
ded.gif

We've never gone for all-out "free speech" in the UK, but instead "free speech with responsibility".

Unlike the US, all of us in Europe have inherited a terrible history based on the effective use of fear, hatred, and racism, which effectively destroyed much of the continent and the lives of its people in the middle of last century.

We learned the hard way what extremism can lead to. So no wonder we're looking to keep it out.

Surely a responsible move?
Would you call this a sign of it being a responsible move? Did the Home Secretary exhibit hatred by banning Michael Savage when he didn't even apply for entry to the UK? I would say that is an obvious sign of extremism on her part, imo.

oh dear me, it seems that this is *actually* an opportunity for people on the list to get rich at my expense by suing the home secretary.

Shock jock Michael Savage and others on UK ban list had not applied for entry - Times Online

d'oh!

b'shalom

bananabrain

While I'm not a fan of Michael Savage by any stretch, I hope he sues the pants off her.

The U.S. inherited our own history of fear, hatred, and racism.

We just like to pretend that it never happened.

I think it all typical of the government we have here at present. They are obsessed with meaningless lists as though they were the answer to every problem. Its reached the point where its almost a case of collective OCD.

I do not agree with censorship of speech. Better to let them in, make their noise and give others the right to shout them down. If they are inciting to violence directly or implicitly then they are committing a criminal offence and you can throw the book at them...so to speak.

I think people should attend more speeches and meetings than they generally do. The art of heckling seems to be dying. Politicians, religious or ideological zealots should be expected to perform at public arenas. And sod 'health and safety' outside there should be purveyors of rotten fruits selling their wares. Much better entertainment than these endless talent and reality shows.

Better to let them in, make their noise and give others the right to shout them down.

Didn't we see in 1930's Germany how the silent majority could be eventually coerced by a vocal minority?

Didn't we see in 1930's Germany how the silent majority could be eventually coerced by a vocal minority?
Democracies are always run by minorities. It may be a risk but one worth the price to uphold liberty.

Back