Is abortion Demonic

I don't think it is at all. In some cases, such as saving the life of the woman who is pregnant I think it can be an extremely positive thing. But I suppose a good place to start would be you defining what you mean by demonic.

In my own Church, killing a human being is never an outright good. However, it may be an unfortunate necessity, such as in defense of the innocent in wartime.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that abortion is demonic.

Now what?

Daemon:

The Greek conception of a daemon (< δαίμων daimōn) appears in the works of Plato and many other ancient authors, but without the evil connotations apparent in the Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Bible and in the Greek originals of the New Testament. The medieval and neo-medieval conception of a "demon" in Western civilization (see the Medieval grimoire called the Ars Goetia) derives seamlessly from the ambient popular culture of Late (Roman) Antiquity. Greco-Roman concepts of daemons that passed into Christian culture are discussed in the entry daemon, though it should be duly noted that the term referred only to a spiritual force, not a malevolent supernatural being. The Hellenistic "daemon" eventually came to include many Semitic and Near Eastern gods as evaluated by Christianity.

In modern Greek, daimon (Greek: δαίμων) has the same meaning as the modern English demon. But in Ancient Greek, δαίμων meant "spirit" or "higher self", much like the Latin genius.

Source: Wiki - Demon

Daemon:

The words daemon, dæmon, are Latinized spellings of the Greek δαίμων (daimôn),[1] used purposely today to distinguish the daemons of Ancient Greek religion, good or malevolent "supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes" (see Plato's Symposium), from the Judeo-Christian usage demon, a malignant spirit that can seduce, afflict, or possess humans.[2]

Source: Wiki - Daemon

Looks like we could go either direction in this one.

We definitely need to know the OP's idea of the word demon.

Demons are nothing. Nothing are demons. The reasons for abortion are that life is not easy, life is not free, life is expensive, and motherhood is a precious gift. Sometimes you can ignore the harsh reality of life and death; but when someone else cannot then don't hold it against them. Don't attribute their hard decision to oppression by supernatural fairies or some dark energy. Children do not have to accept death, but adults do. Adults accept that people die, that life is hard. No demons necessary.

Please define what demonic means to you.

In what sense is abortion demonic?
The spiritual dimension of this grisly “business” is its systematizing of ritual blood sacrifice to the god of child murder, Moloch, who we know of from the severe condemnations of him in the Old Testament (Lev 18:21, 20:2-5, 1 Kings 11:5.33, 2 Kings 23:13 and Zephaniah 1:5). This demon of murder appears in many forms and cultures through history (Phoenician, Carthaginian, Canaanite, Celt, Indian, Aztec and others) but is always the same bloodthirsty beast that demands the killing of children as his form of worship. This demon is not content with a single act of murder here and there. His insatiable appetite for the death of innocents seeks public endorsement to justify his gruesome deeds, and he needs a systematic expression of it to increase his worship.
The modern abortion industry offers ritual blood sacrifice to the ancient abortion demon. It is in every way a demonic religion. It has its sacred dogma (“choice”), its ruling hierarchy (Planned Parenthood), its theologians (feminist ideologues), its sacrificing priesthood (abortionists), its temples (abortion mills), altars (surgical tables), ritual victims (primarily babies and secondarily women), acolytes and sacristans (clinic workers and death-scorts), congregations (all supporters of abortion) and its own unifying principle of sacramental “grace” (money). In short, the abortion industry is a perfect demonic system which offers a perverse form of worship to the devil.
The sacrificial victim in this demonic religion is not a brute animal as was offered to the Old Testament God of Israel in a legitimate system of religious sacrifices. In abortion, the victim is an innocent human being who is made in the “image and likeness of God” and who can never defend herself. This combination of innocence, parental participation and ritualized obliteration of the visage of God in human form is the devil’s way of blaspheming the Father with the misguided participation of God’s own children. The systematic destruction of the human body which the apostle Paul calls “the temple of the Holy Spirit” is a blasphemous insult to God. If the abortion business is not truly demonic, nothing is "

Seems like some drive by initial post....but...

Namaste G2G,

expound please, thanx,

without taking to much time looking up specific verses, but I think there was quite a lot of baby killing in the Bible, with King Herod trying to kill the Baby Jesus and in revelations there is stuff about the beast wanting to kill a Baby or was it the lamb, cant quite remember, thats it really.

Again I am struck by the realization that monotheism is rarely practiced. Now I can add Moloch to the Gods that inhabit the Christian world.

In what sense is abortion demonic?
The spiritual dimension of this grisly “business” is its systematizing of ritual blood sacrifice to the god of child murder, Moloch, who we know of from the severe condemnations of him in the Old Testament (Lev 18:21, 20:2-5, 1 Kings 11:5.33, 2 Kings 23:13 and Zephaniah 1:5). This demon of murder appears in many forms and cultures through history (Phoenician, Carthaginian, Canaanite, Celt, Indian, Aztec and others) but is always the same bloodthirsty beast that demands the killing of children as his form of worship. This demon is not content with a single act of murder here and there. His insatiable appetite for the death of innocents seeks public endorsement to justify his gruesome deeds, and he needs a systematic expression of it to increase his worship.
The modern abortion industry offers ritual blood sacrifice to the ancient abortion demon. It is in every way a demonic religion. It has its sacred dogma (“choice”), its ruling hierarchy (Planned Parenthood), its theologians (feminist ideologues), its sacrificing priesthood (abortionists), its temples (abortion mills), altars (surgical tables), ritual victims (primarily babies and secondarily women), acolytes and sacristans (clinic workers and death-scorts), congregations (all supporters of abortion) and its own unifying principle of sacramental “grace” (money). In short, the abortion industry is a perfect demonic system which offers a perverse form of worship to the devil.
The sacrificial victim in this demonic religion is not a brute animal as was offered to the Old Testament God of Israel in a legitimate system of religious sacrifices. In abortion, the victim is an innocent human being who is made in the “image and likeness of God” and who can never defend herself. This combination of innocence, parental participation and ritualized obliteration of the visage of God in human form is the devil’s way of blaspheming the Father with the misguided participation of God’s own children. The systematic destruction of the human body which the apostle Paul calls “the temple of the Holy Spirit” is a blasphemous insult to God. If the abortion business is not truly demonic, nothing is "
Oh Please. Let me put forward this amateurish defense:

Why is there no provision in the OT against abortion? Because mothers hate abortion. They are the guardians of unborn life and the givers of it. If further provision were needed than it would have been in given, but it was not. How many mothers actually desire to have abortions? None.

Of humankind God in the Bible says: Gen 8:21 "The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done."

Mankind's heart is evil, so why was there no provision needed against abortion in the Law? Because we don't need one, just as I asserted in the first paragraph. Though we are evil (as Jesus confirmed) unlike you and me who have evil hearts (as mentioned Gen 8:21), Solomon was given a wise and discerning heart: 1Ki 3:12 "I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be."

Solomon's decision between the two mothers was that the mother who loved her child was truly the mother of that specific child, and the mother without love was the mother of a dead child. This explains the absence of a provision in the LAW. So the mother's great love depends upon her having a child and is the natural defense of the life of the unborn, not the law and not you or me. Putting in extra provisions is bad.

Of humankind God in the Bible says: Gen 8:21 "The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done."

What? No mention of Moloch? That's crazy talk!

Is killing babies by abortion Demonic?

Unless theres a satanic emblem encircling the operating table, I don't really see how it is "Demonic". It being immoral on the other hand, is a whole other arguement. Just because something may be considered bad to some, I don't see how it would imply that the thing (abortion in this instance) itself could be coined "Demonic" in it's essence.

Last edited:
Hidden results of abortions:

"These diseases which are hard to cure do not happen by chance. Behind them, there is a specter with a grievance who wants the person’s life in payment. So now I see a lot of little specters everywhere, trying to make people pay with their lives or causing them to suffer various strange diseases. These little specters were fetuses who were aborted before they had a chance to develop into complete human beings, so they are very ruthless. Why are they so malicious? Because you killed them first, and now they want to take revenge. Diseases caused by vengeful ghosts cannot be cured no matter what kind of doctor, Chinese or Western."

Master Hsuan Hua

Demons are nothing. Nothing are demons. The reasons for abortion are that life is not easy, life is not free, life is expensive, and motherhood is a precious gift. Sometimes you can ignore the harsh reality of life and death; but when someone else cannot then don't hold it against them. Don't attribute their hard decision to oppression by supernatural fairies or some dark energy. Children do not have to accept death, but adults do. Adults accept that people die, that life is hard. No demons necessary.
I see the question has already been answered succinctly. I couldn't have said it better.

Reactions: wil
Back