Fatties

I can't seem to think my way out of that box, though.

I think the easiest route out of that box is to remind yourself that other unhealthy life habits aren't as easily detected as 100 pounds of excess goo. That fat person may be REALLY FAT, but they might also be far less delusional, far less ego driven, and far further along the path than you or me.

Neither fine character, grace or enlightenment are determined by gender, beauty, charisma, fitness, age or intelligence. That disgusting, donut-eating, pig might just be a Buddha, but you'd never know it, cause you were blinded by your "ism".

That's the device I use to to stay out of that box.

And it works with homeless people... old people... ugly people... beautiful people...

Just this morning I fell prey to fatism... or maybe it was sexism.

I'm on the bus going to work and a male passenger was getting off one of the stops. As he put on his backpack his shirt pulled up revealing his large hairy drooping pannus (look it up).

I noticed he had a pack of cigarettes hanging precariously from his left jacket pocket, and as he exited the bus, they fell into the lap of another passenger, an old man who proceeded to pocket his unexpected bounty.

Now I don't know for sure, but if that pack had fallen from the pocket of a thin woman I might have felt a greater urge to say, "Excuse me, but I think you dropped something."

What I do know is that the hairy, fat, man did not receive such consideration.

Just this morning I fell prey to fatism... or maybe it was sexism.

I'm on the bus going to work and a male passenger was getting off one of the stops. As he put on his backpack his shirt pulled up revealing his large hairy drooping pannus (look it up).

I noticed he had a pack of cigarettes hanging precariously from his left jacket pocket, and as he exited the bus, they fell into the lap of another passenger, an old man who proceeded to pocket his unexpected bounty.

Now I don't know for sure, but if that pack had fallen from the pocket of a thin woman I might have felt a greater urge to say, "Excuse me, but I think you dropped something."

What I do know is that the hairy, fat, man did not receive such consideration.

Like many crimes of theft... It's just the opportunity... Be it a big boobed bimbo... Be it a black man, be it a muslim woman with a ninja mask.... Be it a white woman... Be it an overweight eyesore...... The opportuinity arose for him to profit.... It makes no odds who it came from.... Cigarettes I would of handed back... But if I am honest... If it were a wallet or something... I'd of kept it lol... And I wouldn't even of stopped to look at the person to judge if they in my opinion were "attractive" lol who cares? I just got a freaking wallet.

Then again I ponder.... The witnesses..... To this crime... That said -nothing- I wonder if it was the before mentioned woman... IF then the witnesses would have spoken up... Hmm.

"What I do know is that the hairy, fat, man did not receive such consideration."

I think this situation was a clear evidence that European so-called culture and etiquette "needs victims". In Russia, we've got a proverb - A beauty needs victims, i.e. to be beautiful we have to work hard. The pack was a victim's lost... but not a victim of his fatness, but only of the culture.

Back