Heaven without Spouses? Theosophy's view

Omg, I finally found someone with a similar view to my belief of heaven. I'm happy to find a term related to what I believe because I can't put the word to it...and everyone else's belief makes me depressed and isn't for me. One man's heaven is another man's hell. That is why I think it's kind of like heaven will be a state of your MIND of all your dreams to come true with the ability to interact with other minds while they have their dream.

If you forget that is what you said. I mean, that would be awesome wouldn't it? Reading about Christian heaven or Hinduism and Buddhism makes me depressed. In Christian heaven, we worship God all day, we have chores, we don't remember our loved ones but we just love anyways. In Hinduism, you continue to reincarnate until you cease to exist...depressing both actually.

I really hope reincarnation isn't true lol. In my heaven if I want to be a bear then damn it I can experience that without having to suffer in pain or whatever.

But I'm not sure what about babies...do they think like babies? LOL

I would love for this to happen after death IF there is a heaven. Anything else I can't imagine. I'd rather have NOTHING happen then to believe we reincarnate over and over having different spouses, parents, children...it just doesn't seem special at all to me. And to love EVERY single person? Pshh please. Maybe there's peace and love in the air but I don't know about me loving everyone.

Hi, Eternalsoul,

You said,

"… heaven will be a state of your MIND of all your dreams to come true with the ability to interact with other minds while they have their dream."

--> Yes, that’s how I see it.

"Reading about Christian heaven or Hinduism and Buddhism makes me depressed."

--> I think the true of state of heaven is quite different than what Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists tell us.

"In my heaven if I want to be a bear then damn it I can experience that without having to suffer in pain or whatever."

--> I don’t think suffering in pain is possible in heaven.

"But I'm not sure what about babies...do they think like babies? LOL"

--> When babies die and go to heaven, they have not had the time to develop high-level mental faculties, so their mental thoughts are limited in heaven. But they can still have a heaven-state while in heaven, thinking nice thoughts about the people they knew on earth. But their time in heaven is shorter than the average person who dies as an adult, and these babies return to earth quicker for another reincarnation.

"I'd rather have NOTHING happen then to believe we reincarnate over and over having different spouses, parents, children..."

--> I think the idea of having having different spouses, parents, children in different reincarnations is quite natural and is the best way to go.

"And to love EVERY single person? Pshh please."

--> The nature of everyone in heaven is to be able to instantly see everyone’s true ‘angelic nature’ and their true spiritual nature, not the tragically distorted human version of it that we see here on earth everyday.

"Maybe there's peace and love in the air but I don't know about me loving everyone."

--> When you get to heaven, I think your higher nature will find it easy to love everyone else’s higher nature.

Here's an old psychedelic take on the subject, penned by the guys in Traffic, called `Heaven is in Your Mind' ...

(fwiw, one of the samadhi/satori experiences I had in college involved ~ an apple!)

(Winwood/Capaldi/Wood)

You ride on the swing in and out of the bars
Capturing moments of life in a jar
Playing with children, acting as stars
Guiding your vision to heaven and heaven is in your mind
Take extra care not to lose what you feel
The apple you're eating is simple and real
Water the flowers that grow at your heel
guiding your vision to heaven and heaven is in your mind

Heaven without my wife is clearly not heaven.... If I get to live after I die (LOL!) then life without my wife would be pure torment. A president once said on his death bed.(forget what one) That the greatest and most precious jewel he could take with him into the land of death would be a kiss from his wife.... :)[/ QUOTE]

I have to say that is one of the loveliest sentiments about a spouse I've had the pleasure of reading in quite some time ...
My husband is waiting for me in heaven ...
It has been pure torment since his death, but I keep trying to make the best of this ride to see where it ends ... ;)

Heaven without my wife is clearly not heaven.... If I get to live after I die (LOL!) then life without my wife would be pure torment. A president once said on his death bed.(forget what one) That the greatest and most precious jewel he could take with him into the land of death would be a kiss from his wife.... :)[/ QUOTE]

I have to say that is one of the loveliest sentiments about a spouse I've had the pleasure of reading in quite some time ...
My husband is waiting for me in heaven ...
It has been pure torment since his death, but I keep trying to make the best of this ride to see where it ends ... ;)

Same here, Zinga.

I am sincerely very sorry for what happened to your husband and what you had to go through... I cannot even begin to imagine your pain...

I admire you for your strength and positive outlook on life despite the unfortunate event, and the faith you have. I too believe that we will all be reunited with our loved ones one day.

Welcome to the forum :)

Tad

I think many folk would think heaven without their spouses was paradise!:D

On heaven , its a part of the astral plane . We create a "heaven " or join others depending on our belief system . On spouses , it deponds if they want to be there or some where else .

"On heaven , its a part of the astral plane."

--> According to Theosophy, heaven is at a higher level than the astral plane.

"On spouses , it deponds if they want to be there or some where else ."

--> Once again, according to Theosophy, when we are in heaven, other people are sometimes busy elsewhere. When this happens, we create an exact replica of the person, a replica that astrally tied to the real person. We can then enjoy 'being' with the person while we are in heaven, even when the other person is not.

On spouses , it deponds if they want to be there or some where else .

Sounds as if the choice is made by the type of relationship they once had on earth ...
Anywhoo, a spouse is a soulmate for life - the strongest soul connection unlike other family members or soul affiliations ...

A helpful suggestion for everyone to know when consoling someone who has or is suffering from the loss of their spouse that it is highly valuable to listen to what s/he has to say & to reassure her/him of their beliefs; not one's own to avoid complicating their grief/set backs ...
Regardless if one is aware the marriage was unhappy or abusive, compassion is far more important ...

Yesterday on the morning show "The View" the question of "What is Heaven" was posed to the panelists = Jenny McCarthy, Barbara Walters (Baba Wawa), Whoopi Goldberg, etc ...
It was interesting to hear their personal interpretation ...
Each had a different, but similar answer ...
All good! :D

As for the theosophical view, its nice to know ...

This statement is almost entirely off topic and I throw it in here purely for the comedic value. There is a sign in my store that states:

Marriage is finding that special someone you want to annoy for the rest of your life!

It never fails to get a chuckle out of people who read it. But then there are those who state "that is so true". D'oh!

Marriage is finding that special someone you want to annoy for the rest of your life!

This is why I find successful marriage counseling so fulfilling and exciting. (But quite frankly, I think the majority of people in this world are not ready for the hard word that successful marriage counseling requires.)

I gave the following advice to my Nephew and his wife on their wedding day. I told my Nephew that there would come a day when his wife would ask him to do something that he was vehemently apposed to. I told him in that case not to be afraid to tell her how he felt. Explain to her in no uncertain terms how wrong she is for even asking. Then I told him that when he was through making his position known to her, he'd better do what ever the hell it was she wanted him to do in the first place and to be quick about it! :)

(But quite frankly, I think the majority of people in this world are not ready for the hard word that successful marriage counseling requires.)

You're right about that!
Marriage is hard work that requires maintenance & patience ...
It works best when both are on board w/keeping their marriage the #1 priority ... ;)

You're right about that!
Marriage is hard work that requires maintenance & patience ...
It works best when both are on board w/keeping their marriage the #1 priority ... ;)

I think if you're with the right person there's no work involved at all. Doing for and respecting the other just comes naturally. You only have to work at it when the two individuals in the relationship are on different pages. When this is the case, as time passes, they grow further and further apart. That's when it takes a considerable amount of work to get back together and if you have to work at it to stay together, sooner or later you're going to resent the other party for having to do so.

Having done a bit of premarital counseling myself, I think the real problem is, people often enter into relationships for the wrong reasons and are just not honest with themselves about it. For example, if your motivation for getting married is purely physical, once that need is satisfied or is no longer possible to fulfill, the relationship crumbles.

Another problem is unrealistic expectations. I've seen people enter into marriage time and time again knowing full well there was something about their partner that they despised. Knowing and excepting this is fine, but all to often they will agree to marry under the assumption the other party will change.

Just my 2 cents.

Back