Our spouse is our second Messiah

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by soleil10, Dec 15, 2009.

1. path_of_one

path_of_one Embracing the Mystery

One of these things is not like the others... and that is what takes this statement from the obvious to the opinion.

Unless one is infertile or doesn't want children.

This is all your belief and opinion.

I think this is not a bad idea- in terms of having a family mission statement and discussing goals. A marriage is a bit like a business. However, I can say that I've been married a while to someone with different goals and interests from me, and thought difficult at times, it is also quite rewarding. The important thing is communication and agreeing to support each other despite the differences.

I think the education system should focus on helping people to be self-aware, critical thinking people. "Ideal" families are in the eye of the beholder, but self-awareness and critical thinking goes a long way toward positive relationships and responsible decision-making.

2. soleil10

soleil10 New Member

Regardless if a couple is not able to have children, they have consumed their union physically and spiritually

Yes we have different talents and gifts and activities. What I meant were the top 3 most important goals for our lives as a couple and as a family.