How to learn "The Truth".

Dogbrain

Reaction score
It's very easy to know The Truth.

Anyone who disagrees with you merely does not understand you, because it is not possible for someone to understand what you say and still disagree with you. Therefore, someone who claims to understand you and still disagree with you either lies about understanding you and is stupid or is wilfully disagreeing with the obviously right thing and is evil. Explanations are best when they are as long and discursive as possible. Misunderstanding is a door that must be battered down with as much force as possible. Repeating something makes it both more true and more understandable. Repeating something makes it both more true and more understandable. Repeating something makes it both more true and more understandable.

The worst traits of any member of any group that is not your group is and should be taken as normative for the entire group. Any member of such a group who does not obviously display those traits is just "hiding" or "pretending" to put on a good public face. "No true Scotsman" is a fallacy when used by members of these groups.

The best traits of any member of your group are normative for your entire group. Anyone within your group who does not have those traits isn't a "real" member of your group, so they can be ignored. "No true Scotsman" is an axiomatic principle when used by members of your group.

Do NOT, under any circumstances, read the actual writings produced by an enemy group. This will contaminate you. You must only read writings produced by your group, by Great Teachers you admire, and by others who agree with you. They will explain what the Outsiders really believe and do to you and for you. Web sites are better sources for The Truth than are books or professional journals.

So that's how to learn the truth. I am enlightened. No, actually thats not true. I have no idea what that was all about, but if it says what I think it says, I'm not sure it could be any further from the truth, it seems weak insular and dangerous. but what do I know?
I do know that just repeating something does not give credibility to the content if when it first said was untrue. My work over the years has proved that those that lie tend to repeat their lies over and over, to the point at which they start to believe the content themselves, regardless of how incredible it may be.

My work over the years has proved that those that lie tend to repeat their lies over and over, to the point at which they start to believe the content themselves, regardless of how incredible it may be.

Work in advertising then, Rob?

;)

s.

Advertising no. It could easily suggest that though, or probably even more so, the media.

Truth can only be understood by self experience which is then acknowledged and accepted as the truth. Anything other then this are just hear says and what was heard which is core cause of our thousands of years of religious chaos.

Truth is self evident when a complete fact set becomes available. Question is, is a complete fact set ever available? If not truth is an unobtainable ideal the missing components of which belief stands in for. Therefore belief, which is essentially a handicapping and vetting process which substitutes best guesses, acquaintance, and a host of subliminal trust garnering mechanisms is a major component of all intellectual processes. Rather frightening and humbling that!

Chris

Anyone who disagrees with you merely does not understand you, because it is not possible for someone to understand what you say and still disagree with you. Therefore, someone who claims to understand you and still disagree with you either lies about understanding you and is stupid or is wilfully disagreeing with the obviously right thing and is evil.

I rarely claim to understand people on these forums, only what they say and why they say it. You would never know all the reasons why I hold an opinion. You may understand why I said what I said, but you don't have all the information on why I said it. Even if I tried to explain why, you may never know everything you need to know to fully understand my views. You will never know all the motivations I have for adopting a particular view.

Having said that, I disagree. I can understand what you said and still disagree with you, just like I am doing right now.

Explanations are best when they are as long and discursive as possible. Misunderstanding is a door that must be battered down with as much force as possible.

I agree that misunderstandings should be resolved but you should not use excessive force.

Repeating something makes it both more true and more understandable. Repeating something makes it both more true and more understandable. Repeating something makes it both more true and more understandable.

Repetition does not make an idea more true. It simply reinforces other's perceptions that you think that idea is important.

The best traits of any member of your group are normative for your entire group. Anyone within your group who does not have those traits isn't a "real" member of your group, so they can be ignored. "No true Scotsman" is an axiomatic principle when used by members of your group.

I understand what you're saying but disagree. A member of any group has the best interests of that group in mind and is loyal to its purpose and cause. He does not have to have the "same" or "best" traits of that group and can be a "real" member even if he doesn't. To say that everybody must conform is divisive. Such an attitude can be quite oppressive.

Do NOT, under any circumstances, read the actual writings produced by an enemy group. This will contaminate you. You must only read writings produced by your group, by Great Teachers you admire, and by others who agree with you. They will explain what the Outsiders really believe and do to you and for you.

It is unlikely that your mind will be contaminated by outsiders when you know they are loyal to a different cause. Why else do you think they declare themselves as "outsiders?"

My work over the years has proved that those that lie tend to repeat their lies over and over, to the point at which they start to believe the content themselves, regardless of how incredible it may be.

There's also the possibility that those who "lie" are simply misunderstood people. Because people stigmatise and scrutinise them for whatever the "lie" is supposed to protect, this reinforces the need to lie. If we left these people alone they wouldn't need to reinforce the lie. I think the simple recognition that we are all liars should solve the problem. All lies are equal. No lies are worse than any other. They're all the same.

Everybody lies, right?

When the truth is more harmful than lies, it is more important to lie than to tell the truth.

My ex wife once asked me if what she was wearing made her look fat .... I politely said, "You look beautiful" which didn't quite cut the muster.

"I asked if I looked fat in this" she replied! So I lied! It was a win win situation. She did look beautiful, and my lie helped her feel comfortable in her skin.

We had a wonderful night out, her feelings weren't hurt, and I was able to avoid the silent, on the couch tonight mister treatment.

Yay me!! :D

My ex wife once asked me if what she was wearing made her look fat .... I politely said, "You look beautiful" which didn't quite cut the muster.

You should have been more specific! "You look beautiful" doesn't give much information. Something like "I like your chunky legs," "I like the way you comb your hair," "you look pretty with that pony tail," "your eyes really psyche me out" or "that dress makes me what to shag you!" would have been a lot more informative.

The other question is whether she wants to look beautiful for you, or if she just doesn't want to be embarrassed around her friends. Is she doing it for you or for someone else?

"I asked if I looked fat in this" she replied! So I lied! It was a win win situation. She did look beautiful, and my lie helped her feel comfortable in her skin.

If you really thought she was beautiful, then what was the lie about? I don't get it.:confused:

You should have been more specific! "You look beautiful" doesn't give much information. Something like "I like your chunky legs," "I like the way you comb your hair," "you look pretty with that pony tail," "your eyes really psyche me out" or "that dress makes me what to shag you!" would have been a lot more informative.

The other question is whether she wants to look beautiful for you, or if she just doesn't want to be embarrassed around her friends. Is she doing it for you or for someone else?

If you really thought she was beautiful, then what was the lie about? I don't get it.:confused:

She was a heavy woman at that time. It wasn't too long after she had my child. She was always beautiful to me, but she was also heavy set. The lie was about her weight ... Not her beauty.

I'm a sucker for a woman with a bit of meat on her bones, so ....

I'm guessing that means you like plumpness and rotundity (correct me if I'm wrong).:) As for me, I find skinniness and slimness boring. So many people want to be thin that it just turns me off.

I find intelligence most attractive. That and a nice ass... ha!

I dunno, the whole beauty concept is so artificial and coercive. It really is a ridiculous. My mind says that but my libido is a slave to cultural programming that I can't seem to shake. In a different place and time bound feet were considered beautiful. My programming is no better than that. Silly, stupid, and seemingly inescapable.

Chris

Back