Jewish resources to non-Jews learn more about Judaism

Discussion in 'Judaism' started by islamicway, Mar 26, 2011.

1. islamicway

islamicway New Member

Wouldn't that be unleashing a veritable force to be reckoned with, upon unassuming individuals? ;)

2. bananabrain

bananabrain awkward squadnik

i can't be that bad, surely? basics are this: it gets up my nose when people assume things about judaism, jews, or groups of jews that are not based on knowledge, or, worse, on propaganda or prejudice. people who ask open questions about stuff which they genuinely want to know, discuss or understand need have nothing to worry about! in areas where i have a strong opinion, i will defend it forthrightly, but i am nearly always open to questioning it or even being convinced that i'm wrong. sometimes, of course (and niqab is one issue) i am unconvinced, or even convinced in the opposite direction....

anyway, basically, if you're civil, i'll be civil and if you're really open-minded, i'll return the compliment. i can be a suspicious bastad of course but that's based on long and unpleasant experience of being right.....

b'shalom

bananabrain

3. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

4. Dream

Dream New Member

Whenever me and Bananabrain argue I always win. I do not think it is sporting to see it as a competition though, so I don't usually comment on it.

5. islamicway

islamicway New Member

Thanks for suggesting a resource. Beats the extra-long rather unecessary 'discussion' previously in this thread.

Wow this forum is quite unlike other forums Im on, I can't edit older posts or delete any.

6. bob x

bob x New Member

That's to stop people from denying they said what they said. I don't think we have any of those left here, but it was a problem in the past.

7. bananabrain

bananabrain awkward squadnik

all discussions here are "unnecessary" by definition. that is what discussion boards are *for*!

b'shalom

bananabrain

8. Saltmeister

Saltmeister The Dangerous Dinner

What's the point/meaning of life?

9. Sensei

Sensei Interfaith Forums

This is an interesting thread. Thanks for your recommendations.

10. Sensei

Sensei Interfaith Forums

The answer to this question, is in the spiritual scriptures. For example, the Quran.