Banned!

Re: I have changed!

I said:
Maybe you should stay away from pro-Zionist forums. ;)

But, seriously - death threats - that low?

Actually this was on a Christian forum (which will remain nameless), My whole family both Orthodox and Reform and the occasional Christian oppose the Zionist resettlement of Palestine. My orthodox relatives say it shouldn't happen until Messiah comes, the Reformists say its just plain wrong & the christian (me) is opposed to the injustices on both sides.

Kiwimac

Last edited:
Re: I have changed!

I look at Zionism like Americanism and Europeanism. It was a horrible idea, but reversing it would be even worse, not to mention impossible.

Sorry, off topic.

dears,

i dont know whats wrong with me dude, i am really trying to be nice and polite, and full of respect but i guess my smart (*)ity (being in the state of a smart ass) scares people. or my beings' ''im not afraid of anything'' cry. or my ununderstandable usage of english. damn maybe my stupidity )

And hey, this time im banned from a forum that seemed impossible to be banned from. i mean come'n how could you be banned from the most disgusting gore site on the net.
Yeah... brian please if i'll do something really disturbing or odd, do warn me svpl., as im starting to feel that i really am a non grata )

with love and hate...
erai

I've actually just had this experience recently, although on a listserv, not a forum.

I was a long-time member (and generally a lurker) on a listserv that was supposed to be exclusively for higher-education-related topics. That limitation was interpreted pretty loosely...except that in certain cases, when the person posting was on the outs with the executive committee. A colleague and friend had been banned for posting topics which were "too political," and he asked me to forward a new message (which was related to higher education) from him to the list. I did it. Then I did it again with another message.

Then, without any warning or suspension or anything, boom, I was banned.

I readily admit that I was in violation of the "spirit" of the rules, but I never even received an explanation, or the courtesy of a reply to my emails asking for an explanation.

My friend (I suppose) is such a poisonous person that even hinting that I was his associate (which I am proud to be, although he can be awfully abrasive sometimes, and inclined to conspiracy theorizing) was enough to render me unacceptable.

It was too bad, because right after I was banned, some topics opened up that I would have liked to comment on.

As a moderator (and an instructor in online courses), I've had to suspend people before (for personal attacks and threats of violence--just about the only reason I would do so), but I've never banned anyone. I don't think I ever would, for simply being off topic!

It was too bad, because right after I was banned, some topics opened up that I would have liked to comment on.
LOL Yeah, I hate that most of all. A board will be dead, but then the second I'm booted suddenly the intellectualizing starts.

Na not me....

I always respect other people's opinion..... even if they outrageously ridiculous...

I have imposed a self ban on myself..... on a site...where they have banned a

friend of Mine for using inflamatory language...... but have not banned the

persons who started it and then continuously.... kept on inflamming the board.

so as a matter of Princliple .... I have banned Myself there....

you treat all equally.....

But I wonder even my otherwise docility.... has not worked.... No one has

sent me any orkut invitation till yet....

Does any one here has an orkut account....and would he be kind enough to

invite me In..... I wanna see how its like in orkut....

Banned in Internet Infidels Discussion Board.

snip snip snip

In Internet Infidels Discussion Board where I also post and Vajradhara is also there, posters who are banned can ask for reasons why and even bring their case to some kind of a panel.

I had a good interaction with a longtime poster there, Starboy, who was always most cordial with me. Then I missed his posts and accidentally in a thread where they mentioned posters banned and why, I found his name. The moderator there referred me to a thread where there was some long discussion of his case.

I think that kind of a procedure in IIDB is very fair to people who are suspended or banned. I have not read all their rules, but I think they will allow a banned poster to return upon showing of change and promise to behave.

snip snip snip

Pachomius2000

Well, I was suspended a year or more ago from the IIDB, now I had been banned in August this year, 2006.. Of late they are no longer so transparent as when I first joined up.

I wonder if I can make this request here in this forum of Brian...

Can anyone here who is also a member there in IIDB or will register there and start a thread in their Questions and Complaints board to ask the following questions:

1. Why has Pachomius2000 been banned?​
2. Why is the ground stated vaguely as for failure to observe forum rules whereas others have specific grounds like spamming?​
3. Why don't you allow Pachomius2000 to get his PMs in his PM box in IIDB, considering that the PMs are private correspondence?​
4. Why don't you give a list of the posts which decisively motivated the IIDB powers to ban Pachomius2000.​
You might get banned also, perhaps.

Here is the link to the IIDB: IIDB Questions, Problems & Complaints - IIDB

If you are curious see this link: JREF Forum

Susma Rio Sep aka Pachomius2000

Re: Banned! Susma in IIDB aka Pachomius2000

no, I've never been banned from anywhere, the usual tactic is the cold shoulder...

What do you say, will you do something out of curiosity even though it will take some time and trouble?

I just want to get my PMs there and also get the powers there to just list the links to my posts there which decisively motivated them to ban me.

Why? Because I am curious why they should ban a guy like myself, for writing posts like the ones I write here, and they are people who are for advancement of secular learning and all sorts of freedom of inquiry, thought, and speech, and of course the most important of all freedom, that of tolerance from others.

What time is it in your place, Liverpool isn't it? Been there maybe twice or thrice, the place smells like frying pan with hot pork fat heating up.

There is some kind of bird perched on top the town hall, my friend host told me that as soon as a virgin remains such on reaching mens it will fly away. Hahaha -- I think that hahaha also perhaps got me banned in IIDB, because it is supposed to be goading.

Susma aka Pachomius

Sorry, Susma, but CR has nothing to do with IIDB. So I doubt any recommendations to correct the issue here can have any effect there.

Re: Banned! Pachomius2000 banned in IIDB needs researchers.

Sorry, Susma, but CR has nothing to do with IIDB. So I doubt any recommendations to correct the issue here can have any effect there.

Thanks, Brian, for allowing this thread to be revived with my posting.

Actually I am not asking people here to make recommendations in the IIDB on my behalf.

My request of the members here is that if anyone be adventurous and curious, and he is prone to do some research for his own perhaps shall we say inquisitive mind, then he might consider my invitation in the post above #27.

I would do the same favor or any favor requiring nothing more than registering and asking people in a message board why a member there is banned, in their board there on questions and complaints.

Why? Because someone is asking for assistance and I am available and it does not take me to do anything aside from what I am doing in surfing the web and also in message boards, and I am adventurous, curious, possessed of an inquisitive mind on almost everything from religion to life forms in the earth's core if any exists.

And it will be for me personally fun, enjoyable, and enriching to my knowledge of people and human nature.

------------------------

I thought I read somewhere in the web that you are doing a dissertation on some topic in religion. How is it getting on?

Susma

Well, I was curious and checked quickly that forum. Unfortunately, as a guest the research is rather difficult. Sorry, I couldn't find any of your posts in there. Do you remember a particular thread ?

What exacly did you do ? Did you insult anyone ? :D

Re: Banned! Pachomius seeks curious volunteer researchers.

Well, I was curious and checked quickly that forum. Unfortunately, as a guest the research is rather difficult. Sorry, I couldn't find any of your posts in there. Do you remember a particular thread ?

What exacly did you do ? Did you insult anyone ? :D

'Somewhere in time,' that is also my location under my name there as Pachomius2000 in the IIDB.

In five minutes time flat you can get registered as a member in the IIDB; click here and locate the 'register' link.

Once you have registered and have activated your membership by receiving an email from them and clicking on their site, the usual routine, you can already use the search function of the forum -- you can't if you are not a member.

Search Pachomius2000, then click on Pachomius2000, and further click on 'read all posts of Pachomius2000.'

There, you will find the kinds of posts that supposedly got me banned in the IIDB.

You can start a thread in the Questions and Complaint board on this topic:

Why has Pachomius2000 been banned?​

Admins or mods will answer your question, and you can follow up with the following queries:

=> Why is the ground stated vaguely as for failure to observe forum rules whereas others have specific grounds like spamming?

=> Why don't you allow Pachomius2000 to get his PMs in his PM box in IIDB, considering that the PMs are private correspondence, therefore Pachomius2000 is the owner of these private personal letters?

=> Why don't you give a list of the posts which decisively motivated the IIDB powers to ban Pachomius2000.​

It is sad that now they don't allow anyone else to see the thread you are engaged in, that is what I understand; only you and the admins and mods answering your query thread can read what are posted by both sides, not the general public: because they don't want others to read anything that does not concern them. It was not like that before; before you could discuss with admins and mods and everyone could join in, and everyone read everything.

------------------

I will do the same favor or some analogous favor for anyone asking, namely, just to register as a member in a board and ask questions or look around and report to you who can't get inside or for reasons of your own will not get inside.

Why did they ban me? There is a thread in the Announcements Board where there are pages of banned members and the grounds therefor, I think I am listed in page 4 or 5. Look me up there, and you will read that the ban was meted out to Pachomius2000 for:

failure to follow forum rules upon agreeing to do so.​

I am very interested in reading how they explain to people what kind of a ground is that, being so vague and so broad.

In our present state of civilization, people are punished for a particular specific act or a series of the same species of act, but not for failure to follow all society's rules.

What do you feel now, still adventurous and curious?

If you want to know the kind of person I am, then you can look up my posts here. I was one of the earliest members here in Brian's forum. I have a thread here where I must have contributed over a hundred posts and they are not one liners, with no one else participating because no one else cared for the topic, or they were few of us then and their time and attention were drawn to elsewhere.

At the start everything was so free here, but I guess Brian had to also put some rules down for peace and order.

If you ask me, I think banning has no place in any kind of civilized setting where humans interact, not as I said in our present state of humanistic advancement.

In place of banning, what can be meted out to refractory members? An indefinite suspension, pending repentance, and thereafter restoration to active status, but also through a trial period of creditable improved behavior.

Well, Alexa, what do you say, can you do a brother, a comrade, a colleague, an associate, a confrere this favor?

Anyone else adventurous and curious enough for this expedition?

Susma

Susma, I don't need to register on IIDB. I can easily imagine why you were banned in there. I remember a few threads in here, and to be honest with you, I was ready to kick your a** sometimes. I realize you take your time when you reply to a thread, but I'm sure you don't realize at all the effect you have on the others with some of your remarks. That forum is a "super moderated one". Actually, I didn't see any other forum, so "under rules". The fact they have opened a board only for complaints issues, says a lot. The Other Michael gave you the reason "for failure to follow the forum rules after agreeing to do so". From my short experience as a supermoderator on another forum, I'll translate that phrase as "I'm pissed off with you".

You know well, not every administator is so tolerant as Brian. ;)

Hi Alexa! Good to see you around. :)

And hello Susma too. I don't think our posts have crossed...you were not posting much here after I joined.

cheers,
lunamoth

I was banned from the fourms at christianity.com because I posted a link to whywontgodhealamputees.com and suggested to a person who claimed to be really questioning abandon superstition and visit that site.

I tried logging in and got nowhere, then finally sent a usermail to the admin who quoted vaguely written chapter and verse from the COC and ended the e-mail with "This decision is final and cannot be appealed."

I haven't been to IIDB for a long time, but last time I was there it seemed to have detiorated a lot.

Dave-something-or-other over at Uncommon Dissent is pretty notorious for banning anyone and everyone, even if they are ID-ers like him. They have to be exactly like him or get banned.

Re: Banned! Thanks, appreciate your attention and observation.

Susma, I don't need to register on IIDB. I can easily imagine why you were banned in there. I remember a few threads in here, and to be honest with you, I was ready to kick your a** sometimes. I realize you take your time when you reply to a thread, but I'm sure you don't realize at all the effect you have on the others with some of your remarks. That forum is a "super moderated one". Actually, I didn't see any other forum, so "under rules". The fact they have opened a board only for complaints issues, says a lot. The Other Michael gave you the reason "for failure to follow the forum rules after agreeing to do so". From my short experience as a supermoderator on another forum, I'll translate that phrase as "I'm pissed off with you".

You know well, not every administator is so tolerant as Brian. ;)

Actually I can't read anymore what mods and admins tell people there, because I am outside already. This is one forum that is seemingly now looking back quite secretive. You can't use the search function if you are not registered, you can't read all the posts of a poster if you are not registered; now, you can't read any exchange of posts between a complainant and the mods and admins telling him that he is all wrong -- now no complainant ever get any hearing from all members unlike when I joined up some what? four years ago...?

And the saddest thing is that whereas in another forum I have joined up they don't ban so many people in a month's time, except between two or three, but in IIDB they ban some 14 to 15 members a month; and you can't say that the other board has a smaller number of active members, smaller yes but only by one-third of the active members of IIDB, see this thread in JREF Forum of the famed amazing Randi, magician and skeptic advocate of critical thinking: JREF Forum.

Can you just give me here the copy of what The Other Michael says about why I am banned?

Better, you should have an attitude of adventurous curiosity to register there and do a thread on why Pachomius2000 was banned, then we can all maybe thank Brian that things here are not so despotic as over there. If you ask me, the mods and admins there seem to be like fishmongers in doing their job so stodgily, they can't leave things alone but must meddle unnecessarily and stifle any creative development in any thread which they think they should close or warn about what? like me saying Hahahaaaa, which to them is goading. Hahaha.

Well, please register there and find out how things are there compared to how things are here.

Thanks again for your time and attention to my posting here in reviving this thread which I seem to remember that Brian, the boss man here, started it.

Wait, you say you were a supermoderator in some forum; I never really know how mods and admins work among themselves, not specially in the IIDB. Tell me as an insider in a forum, how do you mods and admins work together to ban someone? Is it like if there are ten moderators and one of them gets pissed off with some member and relayed his grudge to an admin, and there be five admins; if two agree and vote to ban that annoying member on the insistence of the irritated mod, that member will get banned?

Wait again, you say I didn't answer some threads here in Comparative Religion, I am here now, what issues do you want me to react to? Tell me now, I am all ears -- and eyes.

Susma, aka Pachomius2000 aka Yrreg

Re: Banned! Glad to know you also, and what about the favor?

Hi Alexa! Good to see you around. :)

And hello Susma too. I don't think our posts have crossed...you were not posting much here after I joined.

cheers,
lunamoth

I took a leave of absence, a long one, because a confrere here from Turkey said something rather most unkind in foul words on me, people here including Brian don't know the language; so I left for an absence.

Now, I am looking for that Turkish member who is also himself away for some two years now; because aside from his indelicate ways, he seems to be one chap who is always available for favors of the kind I have in mind -- he loves a good fight for truth and freedom.

Susma

Re: Banned! I was banned also in a Buddhist forum aside from IIDB.

I was banned from the fourms at christianity.com because I posted a link to whywontgodhealamputees.com and suggested to a person who claimed to be really questioning abandon superstition and visit that site.

I tried logging in and got nowhere, then finally sent a usermail to the admin who quoted vaguely written chapter and verse from the COC and ended the e-mail with "This decision is final and cannot be appealed."

I haven't been to IIDB for a long time, but last time I was there it seemed to have detiorated a lot.

Dave-something-or-other over at Uncommon Dissent is pretty notorious for banning anyone and everyone, even if they are ID-ers like him. They have to be exactly like him or get banned.

I was in the E-Sangha Buddhist Forum for some two weeks time until they threw me out for disputing the teachings of Gautama and disparaging [sic] Buddhism. For these people any critique of Buddhism amounts to disparaging, and you are not allowed to dispute the Gautama either, he being an enlightened master by a stroke of karma. Watch out now, the Buddhists here like Vaj will come after me with tongs and hammer.

About that E-Sangha Buddhist Forum, you would think that Buddhists are the most tolerant of fellow Buddhists, at least people who also call themselves followers of Gautama and working for enlightenment by meditation; but no, they also have a list of fellow Buddhist schools or sects which are taboo-ed in their forum -- wait, I will look up that list (it gives me a hilarious laugh when I first came upon it). Found it, read here below:

(E-sangha, Buddhist Forum and Buddhism Forum -> Messages for guests and visitors)

These Few Buddhism School Of Thoughts Are Not Recognized By E-Sangha

teyes
Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

These few "Buddhism" school of thoughts are not recognized by e-Sangha. No links to their websites, their books, their followers' websites are allowed.

1) New Kadampa Tradition
2) Dark Zen
3) Lama Ponya Yeshe (Kentucky)
4) True Buddha School

Thank you for your cooperation.

And to imagine that all over the web we read nothing but that Buddhists are the most tolerant of other religions, and specially among themselves. Hahaha!

------------------------

Dave-something-or-other over at Uncommon Dissent is pretty notorious for banning anyone and everyone, even if they are ID-ers like him. They have to be exactly like him or get banned.​

Thanks, that is very consoling to me; because I was thinking that I must be some kind of diabolical imp as to deserve being banned; but now I have one witness that the mods and admins there can be quite capricious and unreasonable, even shall we say, tyrannical? very authoritarian; and to think that they are and proclaim themselves to be internet infidels and atheists and freethinkers and libertarians.

Susma

Back