God....He or She

Go look up the words... "I AM THAT I AM" is not the male y+(h-w-h) "to be" with a third person male prefix (the first yod). If I am not mistaken Sh'mot in the fourth aliyah (Exodus 3:1–15) reads "אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה" (pronounced Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh and properly translated "I am that I am"). Not "He who is" (roughly the tetragrammaton's proper translation).

Even looking at Wikipedia will cover this. "The Scandal of Divine Presence" by Jrry Martin (Chair Emeratus , Department of Philosophy, University of Colorado at Boulder) published in 2011 at SSRN.COM (and I think available from LSU on-line) provides data and some very good secondary sources.

But I do not think cutting hairs about this serves anyone as wil says. Peace and Silence.
YHWH means I AM. YHVH is the name for GOD.This is from the hebrew. When Moses said "Who shall I say sent me" GOD replied I am who or that I am. He basically was telling Moses he was acting on his behalf.

Peace be unto you, donnann. Raise the stone and there you shall find me, cleave the wood and there am I. -- Thomas, Saying 30.[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT]

Peace be unto you, donnann. Raise the stone and there you shall find me, cleave the wood and there am I. -- Thomas, Saying 30.
Compassion is the stone. Love is in the wood. That is where you find GOD. Thank you radarmark. Peace to you as well. I read the same quote: move a stone and there you will find me split a piece of wood and there I will be. The true meaning of the resurrection and the cross.

YHWH means I AM. YHVH is the name for GOD.This is from the hebrew. When Moses said "Who shall I say sent me" GOD replied I am who or that I am. He basically was telling Moses he was acting on his behalf.

No, YHWH does not mean I AM. As has already been pointed out it is third person singular.

As for אהיה אשר אהיה , Eheyeh Asher Eheyeh, while a case can be made that it should be understood as I am that I am, the plain meaning is I will be that (who) I will be. Given that virtually every use of eheyeh in the Tanakh is future tense, and it is so used just a few verses prior to its use here, it makes better sense to see it as such here.

B'shalom,

Peter

No, YHWH does not mean I AM. As has already been pointed out it is third person singular.

As for אהיה אשר אהיה , Eheyeh Asher Eheyeh, while a case can be made that it should be understood as I am that I am, the plain meaning is I will be that (who) I will be. Given that virtually every use of eheyeh in the Tanakh is future tense, and it is so used just a few verses prior to its use here, it makes better sense to see it as such here.

B'shalom,

Peter
For other uses, see I Am What I Am (disambiguation) and I Am (disambiguation).
"Hayah" redirects here. For the village in Iran, see Hayyeh.
I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה, ʾehyeh ʾašer ʾehyeh [ʔehˈje ʔaˈʃer ʔehˈje]) is a common English translation (JPS among others) of the response God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means "existed" or "was" in Hebrew; "ehyeh" is the first person singular imperfect form and is usually translated in English Bibles as "I will be" (or "I shall be"), for example, at Exodus 3:12. Ehyeh asher ehyeh literally translates as "I Will Be What I Will Be", with attendant theological and mystical implications in Jewish tradition. However, in most English Bibles, this phrase is rendered as I am that I am."[1]
Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh (often contracted in English as "I AM") is one of the Seven Names of God accorded special care by medieval Jewish tradition.[2] The phrase is also found in other world religious literature, used to describe the Supreme Being, generally referring back to its use in Exodus. The word Ehyeh is considered by many rabbinical scholars to be a first-person derivation of the Tetragrammaton, see for example Yahweh.
I Am that I Am - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B'shalom,

Peter
The names of God are “not” to be common, or to be pronounced among the unholy and unrighteous people. Then after the incident of the Jewish man fighting and cursing God in His face, God said “do not even say my name,” thus we use “The I Am” in place of “YHVH” or “AHYH“ (BBH).http://www.yhvh.org/

Your citations and understading does not really mesh with the reality of what is in Tanakh.

Methinks RabbiO got you on this one.
He doesn't got me on that one. I provided references from hebrew to english to prove what I said. JEHOVAH is the english pronunciation for the name which is in hebrew letters is YHVH. I am or Yahweh is a phrase not a name. Its that simple. Its not rocket science. It is basic. Its like the name Jesus... that is the english translation. It seems when I prove what I am saying some people get upset.

He doesn't got me on that one. I provided references from hebrew to english to prove what I said. JEHOVAH is the english pronunciation for the name which is in hebrew letters is YHVH. I am or Yahweh is a phrase not a name. Its that simple. Its not rocket science. It is basic. Its like the name Jesus... that is the english translation. It seems when I prove what I am saying some people get upset.

It is because you do not prove anything.

You merely provide sources to confirm your bias.

If we look hard enough for what we want to find, we are sure to find it.

It does not mean we have found any truth, for truth is exactly what we don't want.

Death is a truth, but our whole endeavor is about how to make life meaningful.

Conscious death is enlightenment.

אל תען כסיל כאולתו פן תשוה לו גם אתה

With that good advice from the Tanakh I'll leave it at that.

B'shalom,

Peter

For you, Donnann, it seems your basic desire is to find a lover and start a family.

This has colored your entire enquiry, your search is only justifying your desire.

What is actually the purpose in this though?

What changes if you have children?

It doesn't mean you avoid death, it merely means you have sentenced others to die.

Death must be the central enquiry of religion.

It has been discovered because of our awareness that death will happen.

We go on teaching ourselves how to die.

Of course, this is difficult to market, so we say it is about what happens after death.

Death is still the main attraction.

B'shalom,

Peter

Arrogance.

Speak in English on an English forum.

It is because you do not prove anything.

You merely provide sources to confirm your bias.

The sources come from actual documentation on the subjects. This is a religious forum. I am not bias. I have found truth in many religions to include hinduism, buddhism, Islam with in depth study. Rabbio tried to say that I was incorrect with the term Yahweh. I provided the resources from the hebrew to english to prove that it is a phrase and that jews write the actual name of GOD as YHVH. In english that is JEHOVAH. GOD said I am JEHOVAH the GOD of your fathers. When moses asked GOD who shall I say sent me GOD said I AM who I AM telling Moses he was representing GOD. I AM is not a name it is a phrase. What part of what I am saying are you in such disagreement with me?

The sources come from actual documentation on the subjects. This is a religious forum. I am not bias. I have found truth in many religions to include hinduism, buddhism, Islam with in depth study. Rabbio tried to say that I was incorrect with the term Yahweh. I provided the resources from the hebrew to english to prove that it is a phrase and that jews write the actual name of GOD as YHVH. In english that is JEHOVAH. GOD said I am JEHOVAH the GOD of your fathers. When moses asked GOD who shall I say sent me GOD said I AM who I AM telling Moses he was representing GOD. I AM is not a name it is a phrase. What part of what I am saying are you in such disagreement with me?

So it is not your bias, it is the bias of someone else which you count as true.

Nothing is changed in this, the guy speaks Hebrew, trying to argue what Hebrew words mean is simply foolish. It would be like him not speaking any English, and disputing with you what your words mean.

B'shalom,

Peter[/quote)
Torah (/ˈtɔːrə/; Hebrew: תּוֹרָה, "Instruction", "Teaching") is a central concept in the Jewish tradition.Torah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please show your quotes from hebrew to enlish. I was not raised in Israel but rather the United States so I do not speak hebrew. Posting something in hebrew does not make you right and me wrong. I hope you know that.
Shalom

Back