God....He or She

B

brijesh

In most of the religions God is refered as Male, ultimate powerfull. What do you think? God is close to Male or Female.

www.royalmonk.in Tour guide in india

God is not reffered to as male in Islam

the 'He' of Islam in reference to God is a gramatical gender word and not one of natural gender

Peace

and the answer to wether God is a he or a she is simple; these two terms only refer to the creation, thus God is neither

That is the beauty of our faith, brother. No precedence is given to either gender. Of course, people make those differences, but Allah SWT does not. We refer to Allah SWT as "He" but we Muslims full know that Allah SWT is not like the creation, Allah SWT is neither male or female.

Wassalaam.

That is the beauty of our faith, brother. No precedence is given to either gender. Of course, people make those differences, but Allah SWT does not. We refer to Allah SWT as "He" but we Muslims full know that Allah SWT is not like the creation, Allah SWT is neither male or female.

Wassalaam.

wassalaam Sis :)

mashaallah

here is an article that explains this grammatical and natural difference that you might find interesting ;):

Why does the Quran refer to Allah using the masculine pronoun?

Interestingly, the following comparison is used to describe the relationship of 'Individual-Soul in-contrast with God Almighty's Soul as the Supreme Soul'.

The difference between Male versus Female has been explained to me thus:

Male = The Energetic
Female = The Energy

similarly,

A Light Bulb = The Energetic
The emitting Light = The Energy

Purusha = The Energetic
Shakti = The Energy

also,

Krishna is attached to Radha ---for she is the manifest incarnate persona of His own "Internal" (Spiritual) Oppulences of Love.

Krishna (God) emits all energies, both His Internal 'Sat' Potency;
along with,
His External 'Asat' Potency ---so as to allow all souls pastimes, either in accord with God's Personality at the center of life . . . or in seperation from Him life surjourning in the material world of time & samasara.

<FYI: In-contrast,
Krishna's "External" Oppulences,
are manifest as
MATERIAL Energy
via His plenary expansions as
'Maha-Vishnu' here ---to form our manifest Cosmos>

Wassalaam.

So If there is no precedance in Gender. Then why He? Why not She grammmarly. What do you mean by Full know, do you think this "know" is weak and needs Full as a support.

First time i came to know that creation does not belongs to Allah.

Plz clarify

Here most of the users are writing about belives of their followed religion. Plz write your very own view along with. Religion is not just community, it has much more to do with indivisuality also. plz..

In most of the religions God is refered as Male, ultimate powerfull. What do you think? God is close to Male or Female
First thing to know is God is above gender — so when we apply gender distinction to the Deity, we do so in symbolic fashion.

Symbol is a language that very, very few understand these days. Most read in terms of sign or representation, so much of the implicit wisdom and understanding is lost.

Symbolically then, God 'acts' in that God is the Cause and Creator of all, and this is traditionally and symbolically seen as a masculine attributes.

But on the other hand, this 'cause' and 'creation' is not a one-time event, but an ongoing continuum, in which case God would be, in the language of symbol, feminine.

Again symbolically, all that is, receives its being from God, so everything is feminine in relation to the Deity. The soul (even the souls of men) are feminine in relation to the Divine.

God bless,

Thomas

... Religion is not just community, it has much more to do with indivisuality also. plz..
Actually, you've got that the wrong way round. The ego likes to see 'me' as prior to 'you' (or indeed, anyone and everyone else), but that's the ego for you.

In reality, 'individuality' is subsequent to 'community', in the same way that one's individual human nature is subsequent and subject to universal human nature — the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and so forth.

And if you understood the esoteric and occult reality of 'Tradition' for example, you would know that community is far, far more important than the individual.

God bless

Thomas

Brijesh, assalamu alaikum--

You did not understand well what I said. ALL creation belongs to ALLAH SWT. However, ALLAH SWT is NOT like all that ALLAH SWT created. Allah SWT IS NOT male or female, for ALLAH SWT IS NOT human. I hope you understand what I just said.

Abdullah, my brother, thank you! Great article.

He is simply used because we are patriarchal society. In the bible when they did a head count they counted only the males, and only the males of an age to be of service, not the old or the young...

G!d it not he nor she, nor an anthropomorphic being...G!d is principle, not an entity to be seen, touched or heard, that is only the way our sense interpret the one...ness.

oh, yeah...that is my OPINION/belief...just like all the rest above.

He is simply used because we are patriarchal society. In the bible when they did a head count they counted only the males, and only the males of an age to be of service, not the old or the young...

G!d it not he nor she, nor an anthropomorphic being...
LOL! Like women were in the old patriarchal societies? :p
G!d is principle, not an entity to be seen, touched or heard, that is only the way our sense interpret the one...ness.

OK, but you know I couldn't resist the above comment. :D

Brijesh,

According to Theosophy, our universe is divided into two parts, spirit and matter. Spirit is male while matter is female (which is where the idea of the Virgin Mary comes from). In Christianity, Judiasm, etc., the word God is used to refer to this sprit.

Also, according to this theory, spirit and matter are merely different forms of the same thing, and are not really separate. It is this illusion that spirit and matter are separate which Genesis 1:8 speaks of, when it speaks of the waters above and the waters below. This also relates to the flaming sword of Genesis 3:24.

First thing to know is God is above gender — so when we apply gender distinction to the Deity, we do so in symbolic fashion.

Symbol is a language that very, very few understand these days. Most read in terms of sign or representation, so much of the implicit wisdom and understanding is lost.

Symbolically then, God 'acts' in that God is the Cause and Creator of all, and this is traditionally and symbolically seen as a masculine attributes.

But on the other hand, this 'cause' and 'creation' is not a one-time event, but an ongoing continuum, in which case God would be, in the language of symbol, feminine.

Again symbolically, all that is, receives its being from God, so everything is feminine in relation to the Deity. The soul (even the souls of men) are feminine in relation to the Divine.

God bless,

Thomas

I do not know what is right and what is wrong But I loved the post/reply.

G!d it not he nor she, nor an anthropomorphic being...G!d is principle, not an entity to be seen, touched or heard, that is only the way our sense interpret the one...ness.

Dear brother..I do not know what is right but you seems to be a genune thinker. I loved the post and your understanding.

"G!d is principle, not an entity to be seen, touched or heard, that is only the way our sense interpret the one...ness."

I loved the above said. Wow!

Actually, you've got that the wrong way round. The ego likes to see 'me' as prior to 'you' (or indeed, anyone and everyone else), but that's the ego for you.

In reality, 'individuality' is subsequent to 'community', in the same way that one's individual human nature is subsequent and subject to universal human nature — the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and so forth.

And if you understood the esoteric and occult reality of 'Tradition' for example, you would know that community is far, far more important than the individual.

God bless

Thomas

Dear brother..I do not claim to be right but just wanna share my understanding.

I am from india. Here we has two different words 1> Sampradaya and 2> Dhamma / Dharma. Sampradaya is refered to some specific believe and the followers. In this sence Religion is most apporopriate word.

Dharma / Dhamma is a word for which i do not find any word in english. It is very indivisual, very iternal.

Listen bro. Jesus's behaviour / thought in the socity was not so accepted in that time socity specialy among those who were policy makers and upper layer. This happened because Jesus was on the path of Dharma. This Dhamma is beautiful but do not care about compatibility with existing beliefs,norms. It is indivisual,iternal,most beautiful,less recognisable,

Jesus act/thoughts were not religious otherwise he would have been welcomed by socity. Religion do not care about truth, it cres for acceptability and compatibility..only. Dhamma cares about truth only,not for compatibility and acceptability.

Thanking you brijesh

Dear brother..I do not claim to be right but just wanna share my understanding.

I am from india. Here we has two different words 1> Sampradaya and 2> Dhamma / Dharma. Sampradaya is refered to some specific believe and the followers. In this sence Religion is most apporopriate word.

Dharma / Dhamma is a word for which i do not find any word in english. It is very indivisual, very iternal.

Listen bro. Jesus's behaviour / thought in the socity was not so accepted in that time socity specialy among those who were policy makers and upper layer. This happened because Jesus was on the path of Dharma. This Dhamma is beautiful but do not care about compatibility with existing beliefs,norms. It is indivisual,iternal,most beautiful,less recognisable,

Jesus act/thoughts were not religious otherwise he would have been welcomed by socity. Religion do not care about truth, it cres for acceptability and compatibility..only. Dhamma cares about truth only,not for compatibility and acceptability.

Thanking you brijesh
I agree with you about Jesus teaching the Dhamma, but he used it as a fulfillment of The Law--highlighting how legalistic logical contortions twist the true Dhamma that can be found within the Law if one really wanted to search for it and find it.

In my belief system (Theosophy), God is definitely referred to as being male.
Your right. The word god is a word for a male. Goddess is for the female. Saying GOD is nonsexual isnt reality. People come up with this weird idea on their own that god is some kind of being foreign to the human race. Wasnt the man said to be created in the image of god?

Back