non-Muslims not allowed in Mecca?

Sam Albion

akaFrancisKing:ViveLeRoi!
Reaction score
...surfing the net, last night, I chanced upon a muslim site dealing in fatwas -- amusing it was to discover that butt-sex isn't allowed, nor is licking your wife through clingfilm. Regardless...

I discovered that, as a non-Muslim, I am NOT ALLOWED by the Saudi government to enter the city of Mecca. OMG!!

To visit, which is something I wanted to do, I have to first get a letter from my Imam stating I am a good Muslim. If I try to enter Mecca without such a letter, I am liable to be imprisoned.

There are checkpoints dotted along the road to Mecca, policed by Saudi's, apparently. And they do stop and check people.

I cannot believe this!

...surfing the net, last night, I chanced upon a muslim site dealing in fatwas -- amusing it was to discover that butt-sex isn't allowed, nor is licking your wife through clingfilm. Regardless...

I discovered that, as a non-Muslim, I am NOT ALLOWED by the Saudi government to enter the city of Mecca. OMG!!

To visit, which is something I wanted to do, I have to first get a letter from my Imam stating I am a good Muslim. If I try to enter Mecca without such a letter, I am liable to be imprisoned.

There are checkpoints dotted along the road to Mecca, policed by Saudi's, apparently. And they do stop and check people.

I cannot believe this!

i thought the punishment was death for non muslims entering mecca ?

SamAlbion said:
you'll also find that it is halal to eat mermaids. seriously, though, don't draw conclusions based upon one site; it doesn't actually mean anything unless his authority has been properly established. islamic jurisprudence and quality control is devolved, which effectively means that any idiot with a beard can set himself up as a shariah court and start issuing fatwas. moreover, the tendency of every muslim-tendency-and-their-dog (assuming it's not a black one) to claim that they are the real muslims doesn't help matters. if the ould bum fun is off-limits, then that's going to disappoint an awful lot of afghans for a start. remember the traditional song:

There's a girl [and in many versions, boy] across the river with a bottom like a peach,
But alas, I cannot swim...

you will find that many scholars take the view that anything that increases the intimacy of husband and wife is permissible.

don't believe everything you read. the saudi government are utter gits and take a hard-line wahhabi view of everything, but i can tell you for sure that all that shiny new infrastructure like the mecca metro system wasn't all designed by Allah-fearing brothers but by evil infidel sausage-eaters. i should say, of course, that i'm sure it's OK for non-muslims to do something servile in saudi, even in mecca, but that doesn't make it a very nice country. it isn't. but don't judge all muslims by their standards.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Mecca,Is a city of worship for Muslims and not a tourist city ... And every Muslim enter Mecca before entering He should take bath and purify himself and intends to enter for worship

I am a Muslim and tell you: there is no imam for each Muslim to gives approval or allowing the performance of any worship ,,the issue related with permission for Muslims linked with government action to regulate and determine the number of pilgrims whom visit Makka to avoid the problems of the large number of pilgrims .. and in order to determine the responsibility of any group or individual may make mistakes to others.

470_hajj_kaaba_470x300.jpg

15697_647.jpg

Imagine that you are responsible for the safety of all of these!!:rolleyes:

Not only the pilgrimage ... there are Uumrh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umrah

Which I wish to refer here .. that Islam as a religion is not responsible for the mistakes of human beings,,,
Humans differ in their understanding of the Quran and the Sunnah and the teachings of Islam by perception and by influences around them ... so do not trust every web site that claims to represent Islam and Muslims

Every human being has a mind ... can investigate the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet peace be upon him (sayings of the Prophet reliable , not fabricated) and judge by himself away from the misleading information.

Qur'anic discourse was often directed to human beings (all people) and not of the Muslim community ... Muslims are not angels, but humans........ and they may serve errors ... and Islam is not responsible for their mistakes

There is a political divisions have taken place after the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him has affected some Muslims and entered the new ideas and differences in the understanding of Islam ..

Some people do not differentiate between inherited traditions of communities and the teachings of Islam.

Certainly there is no Pope in Islam, or a saint or a priest or sheikh granted Forgiveness... even the Senate (sheikh) and scholars do not guarantee forgiveness for themselves.

Every Muslim looking for salvation through the practical application and acceptance of mental and intellectual to the teachings of Islam without the need for the mediator.

You should completely Trust .. ,,You will not get them :D
Virgins in the afterlife reserved for pure people ,, and believers in Allah ,,
That's ok ;) I found my virgin and my One great love 30 years ago, I neither desire or expect another woman in life or there after.

*was just meccan with ya :D

Here is a concise, informative article on Sir Richard Burton's unofficial -at any rate, unapproved (by some)- trip to Mecca (Makkah) in 1853. I sometimes wonder when a Muslim, in answer to Burton, might disguise himself as a Christian and enter the, well, "forbidden," inner-most Sacristy of St. Peter's Basilica and write a report on his findings.

Sir Richard Burton

Serv

Mecca,Is a city of worship for Muslims and not a tourist city ... And every Muslim enter Mecca before entering He should take bath and purify himself and intends to enter for worship

I am a Muslim and tell you: there is no imam for each Muslim to gives approval or allowing the performance of any worship ,,the issue related with permission for Muslims linked with government action to regulate and determine the number of pilgrims whom visit Makka to avoid the problems of the large number of pilgrims .. and in order to determine the responsibility of any group or individual may make mistakes to others.

470_hajj_kaaba_470x300.jpg

15697_647.jpg

Imagine that you are responsible for the safety of all of these!!:rolleyes:

Not only the pilgrimage ... there are Uumrh
Umrah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Damn good thing the USA doesn't have any religiously bent terrorist organizations . . . POOF!

Here is a concise, informative article on Sir Richard Burton's unofficial -at any rate, unapproved (by some)- trip to Mecca (Makkah) in 1853. I sometimes wonder when a Muslim, in answer to Burton, might disguise himself as a Christian and enter the, well, "forbidden," inner-most Sacristy of St. Peter's Basilica and write a report on his findings.

Sir Richard Burton

Serv

Try to get into the Mormon Temple in DC....

Back