Were can I get a English translation copy of the Qur'an?

D

Dookie Marcus

I've always had a inclination to read it, So could someone tell me were I can get a copy? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Half price books. You want (because of the extensive english footnoting) the one by "Maulana Muhammed Ali". What you have to be careful of is the difference between the notes and the text. Ali wrote for an obscure IIndian sect (Ahmadiyya) that is considered heretical by most Muslims.

However, having read or talked about or studied most of the other translations (in part or in whole) the english translation is within the norm.

I just love his notes ("The Holy Qur'an" in Green leather, I think I paid like $12 or so as a remainder).

Half price books. You want (because of the extensive english footnoting) the one by "Maulana Muhammed Ali". What you have to be careful of is the difference between the notes and the text. Ali wrote for an obscure IIndian sect (Ahmadiyya) that is considered heretical by most Muslims.

However, having read or talked about or studied most of the other translations (in part or in whole) the english translation is within the norm.

I just love his notes ("The Holy Qur'an" in Green leather, I think I paid like $12 or so as a remainder).

Thanks! I am going to check this out in a couple hours. Thank you.

I like all three suggestion. I just personally like Ali's. His comments may not be as complex as Asad, but more understanadable to me (more contrarian and spiritual).

A heretical sect is out with me. There are umpteen translations on the web, some with translation of one verse by many people. Never needed to buy, either Qur'an or Bible (as also their criticism - Skeptics, Answering This, or Answering That). Most Hindu texts also are available on Web. Web is a nice place. :D

Welcome back, Friend. It's been a long time. Hope everything is going well for you. :)

Just curious which Quran translation you chose?

I have swapped from Yusuf Ali to the translation by Dr. Muhsin Khan and Dr. Muhammad Al-Hilali

I have two translations: Bosnian and English. From all the research I have done, the English versions do not do the justice to the meaning of the interpretation of the verses. I think English translators have caused more confusion than understanding. Not sure if it is the translators or the lack of richness in English language to fully convey the meanings. Either way, I think English-only speakers are missing out big time.

Back