Cats

D

Dan0813

I believe that the two cats who live with me were sent by G-d to bring me back to a path of religious observance. Does that mean I'm insane?

One must remember that cats were once gods in ancient Egypt. And they have never forgotten it. Hence their attitude. As far as insanity goes. I cling to the notion that states that as long as one can wonder if one is insane, one isn't!

I believe that the two cats who live with me were sent by G-d to bring me back to a path of religious observance. Does that mean I'm insane?
I don't know if you're insane or not, but here's a photo of my little fur-ball kneeling at the alter in our Temple...
Diwalli2013e.JPG

I must say that I've never had a cat, but many cats have had me.
Wherever I go one (or more) wanders about for a while in a gradually tighter orbit until a claim is finally staked and residence assumed.

They are, for the most part, very kind masters and reward regular petting and feeding (in their own time and own way) with a kind of affection it is hard to find elsewhere.

Which is precisely why I team up with them....
I must say that I've never had a cat, but many cats have had me.
Wherever I go one (or more) wanders about for a while in a gradually tighter orbit until a claim is finally staked and residence assumed.

They are, for the most part, very kind masters and reward regular petting and feeding (in their own time and own way) with a kind of affection it is hard to find elsewhere.

I've been around cats most of my life and can honestly say that no two have ever had exactly the same personality. A more resolute creature does not exist. Just try to make one go against there will and send me a post card from the emergency room if you do!

it seems there is preferential treatment and rivalries are going on... :)
I have a cat who actually comes trotting out to meet me at the door when I come home. His brother - eventually I run into him somewhere and he gives me the "Oh. You're home." look.

I'm owned by a grey tabby plus I have several stray/feral :kitty:s who have claimed me in one way or another.

Then again, I've never met a :kitty: I didn't like, including non-domestics. :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I'm mostly a dog person. Still I have had several cats own me over the years. I have never had a cat who made it a point to come greet me at the door when I come home!
I had a huge sandy colored Tabby before our current fur ball. He was the best watch dog/cat I ever had. He too greeted me at the door and always stood between me and harms way when necessary. He also enjoyed bubble baths, walked on a leash and came when called! I do miss him. He passed away a few years back.

Kittyw09.JPG

I had a huge sandy colored Tabby before our current fur ball. He was the best watch dog/cat I ever had. He too greeted me at the door and always stood between me and harms way when necessary. He also enjoyed bubble baths, walked on a leash and came when called! I do miss him. He passed away a few years back.

View attachment 1391

I remember that bloody 'Mountain Lion' ! Does your current 'Fur Ball' talk like he did?

View attachment 1391

You're lucky. Most of my former "managers" believed that, when Nature called, She'd take the message, not them (especially ol' Jakie {a big black tomcat with an attitude}, Apache {Jakie's reincarnation in a female patched tabby body}, and Greycat {she was a grey tabby that didn't reside with me, but she also had the perpetual cartoon bubble above her head that always had "DIE" for everybody else, no matter their species}.)

I currently live with another tabby that keeps an eye on me (Tovarish won't walk on a leash or even wear a collar, but she's better than either a dog or a human imho.) Luckily, she withstood getting microchipped (just in case.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Have you noticed that Tomcats are far more affectionate (or tolerant) towards us Humans?

11048628_10205015638963140_885134971707369618_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're lucky. Most of my former "managers" believed that, when Nature called, She'd take the message, not them
Our giant sandy colored tabby, "Kitty" was no angel. He often flaunted his weight about. His philosophy in life seems to have been, "Kill 'em all and let God sort them out!" Now our current fur ball, a big tuxedo main coon named 'Jackie Chan' loves everything. He picks up crickets in his huge front paws, inspects them and gently puts them down again. He's the most loving and gentle cat I've ever had the privilege of being a parent to.
JC_25.JPG

His philosophy in life seems to have been, "Kill 'em all and let God sort them out!"

My new cat can mostly relate to that philosophy. She has narrowed her focus to trying to kill me and the occasional pigeon that lands on the windowsill. Having been raised in a dog household, I am quickly trying to learn about the nuances of a cat. For instance, the concept that she will bite me when she is too happy seems to make no sense, but I'm assured that is the norm for female cats.

Attachments

• IC-15.JPG
    IC-15.JPG
    749.2 KB · Views: 580
Back