Cats

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dan0813, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Dan0813

Dan0813 Member

I believe that the two cats who live with me were sent by G-d to bring me back to a path of religious observance. Does that mean I'm insane?

2. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Being Deviant IS My Art.

One must remember that cats were once gods in ancient Egypt. And they have never forgotten it. Hence their attitude. As far as insanity goes. I cling to the notion that states that as long as one can wonder if one is insane, one isn't!

3. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai

I don't know if you're insane or not, but here's a photo of my little fur-ball kneeling at the alter in our Temple... Diwalli2013e.JPG

4. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

No, I love cats...

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Cats are aliens that rule our planet.

Hermes and Namaste Jesus like this.
  6. izniss

izniss New Member

I must say that I've never had a cat, but many cats have had me.
    Wherever I go one (or more) wanders about for a while in a gradually tighter orbit until a claim is finally staked and residence assumed.

They are, for the most part, very kind masters and reward regular petting and feeding (in their own time and own way) with a kind of affection it is hard to find elsewhere.

Serpent Child and Hermes like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

Which is precisely why I team up with them....

8. Namaste Jesus

I've been around cats most of my life and can honestly say that no two have ever had exactly the same personality. A more resolute creature does not exist. Just try to make one go against there will and send me a post card from the emergency room if you do!

Hermes likes this.
  9. Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate Well-Known Member

I have a cat who actually comes trotting out to meet me at the door when I come home. His brother - eventually I run into him somewhere and he gives me the "Oh. You're home." look.

Hermes likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

it seems there is preferential treatment and rivalries are going on... :)

11. Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate Well-Known Member

I'm mostly a dog person. Still I have had several cats own me over the years. I have never had a cat who made it a point to come greet me at the door when I come home!

12. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

I'm owned by a grey tabby plus I have several stray/feral :kitty:s who have claimed me in one way or another.

Then again, I've never met a :kitty: I didn't like, including non-domestics. :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

13. Namaste Jesus

I had a huge sandy colored Tabby before our current fur ball. He was the best watch dog/cat I ever had. He too greeted me at the door and always stood between me and harms way when necessary. He also enjoyed bubble baths, walked on a leash and came when called! I do miss him. He passed away a few years back.

Kittyw09.JPG

14. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

I remember that bloody 'Mountain Lion' ! Does your current 'Fur Ball' talk like he did?

15. Namaste Jesus

Sort of, but he's not nearly as articulate.

16. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

You're lucky. Most of my former "managers" believed that, when Nature called, She'd take the message, not them (especially ol' Jakie {a big black tomcat with an attitude}, Apache {Jakie's reincarnation in a female patched tabby body}, and Greycat {she was a grey tabby that didn't reside with me, but she also had the perpetual cartoon bubble above her head that always had "DIE" for everybody else, no matter their species}.)

I currently live with another tabby that keeps an eye on me (Tovarish won't walk on a leash or even wear a collar, but she's better than either a dog or a human imho.) Luckily, she withstood getting microchipped (just in case.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

17. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

Have you noticed that Tomcats are far more affectionate (or tolerant) towards us Humans?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  18. Namaste Jesus

Our giant sandy colored tabby, "Kitty" was no angel. He often flaunted his weight about. His philosophy in life seems to have been, "Kill 'em all and let God sort them out!" Now our current fur ball, a big tuxedo main coon named 'Jackie Chan' loves everything. He picks up crickets in his huge front paws, inspects them and gently puts them down again. He's the most loving and gentle cat I've ever had the privilege of being a parent to.
    JC_25.JPG

Hermes likes this.
  19. waggindraggin

waggindraggin Member

My little niece is reading a bunch of books from the Warriors series.

20. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

My new cat can mostly relate to that philosophy. She has narrowed her focus to trying to kill me and the occasional pigeon that lands on the windowsill. Having been raised in a dog household, I am quickly trying to learn about the nuances of a cat. For instance, the concept that she will bite me when she is too happy seems to make no sense, but I'm assured that is the norm for female cats.

Attached Files: