Cat hair! Cat hair! Cat hair!
Cat hair everywhere!
My coat, black suit and chair!

Rollers and brush.
Roller here, brush there.
Damp cloth or vacuum.
Vacuum clogged and still more hair.

Extreme measures brought to bear,
Cut-stitch, cut-stitch, and cut-stitch again.
Maybe ten or twenty to take the hair.
Snip stitch, snip, stitch, and snip, stitch again.

Damn! Cat hair’s a bear!
Clip- stitch, Clip-stitch, and clip-stitch again!
It will take a hundred to bring to bear.
Yep! One hundred cat tongues in a square.

Cat tongue rag removed the hair.
Off with all the cat hair.
Coat, black suit and chair.
Gag! Gag! Hair balls everywhere.

After d’tongues, go d’tails

Frank A Doonan
The Orange Dog Poet of Hillsborough

Tovarish had to find a different lair than the box springs (the old one gave up the ghost around the same time that the old mattress did.) We now have a new setup that she seems to like for the time being (I didn't choose the new one with me in mind; she's more important.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Mine.JPG

@NJ: Sounds like the "mantra" of a YouTube famous feline who shall be known as Maru. His "mantra" is "If I fits, I sits."

To give you an idea of his size, he's a full-grown perk-eared Scottish Fold tomcat.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

To give you an idea of his size, he's a full-grown perk-eared Scottish Fold tomcat.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Our Jackie was just under a year when the photo in #44 was taken. The base cabinet he's standing in front of is 30 inches tall. He peeps over the top with no problem now.

Last edited:
Cats only pretend to need four feet. They actually only need one. The other three are for fun.

I'm grateful that :kitty:s don't have independently moving digits because I'm afraid that they'd give their opinions rather frequently in whatever manner their cultures would "flip the bird" if you ken my meaning...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I'm grateful that :kitty:s don't have independently moving digits because I'm afraid that they'd give their opinions rather frequently in whatever manner their cultures would "flip the bird" if you ken my meaning...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Come now, our furry friends have their own way of doing that. They get your attention then turn and lift their tail, flashing the one eyed posterior monster in your direction!:D

LOL... I wouldn't want to be responsible for cleaning that kitty's litter box!:D

Where in the hell did that thing come from?
Don't know mate. He just showed up one day and started chowing down with our llamas. You can tell he's use to being around people, but since he has no markings or tags, it's doubtful he wondered off a ranch or something. Nearest one is a good 200km north west of here anyway. Nearest feral herds are almost 600kw away, but this guy's anything but wild. My guess is someone's pet that got too big. My uncle was going to ring up parks and wildlife, but the ladies have taken a shine to him. Guess that means he's ours now.

Hey Wil, there's a row of those river red gums you were asking about in the background of the pic I posted in #51. If you look close you'll see a lot of huge reddish gray branches on the ground already and some yet to be shed.

Last edited:
I finally managed to coax Charley Chaplin, (post #50), into the house, but I didn't think it through. Charley is a feral cat and has never been indoors. He absolutely freaked out! Now my Jackie, (post # 44), is sweet as can be. He has never once displayed any aggressive behavior. Until last night that is. When Charley began yowling and thrashing about, Jackie entered attack mode and scared the hell out of all of us! I had to let Charley out again fearing he would break the glass door trying to get out on his own.

It took my wife and I several hours to get Jackie under control again. I was not expecting this, as Jackie has sat quietly at the window watching Charley eat outside all summer. He's actually the one who prompted us to start feeding Charley in the first place. Whenever Jackie would see Charley he'd push his food dish towards the door as if he were offering it to him. So we put a little dish outside for him. Now that it's getting cold, I thought perhaps he'd like to come in. He seems ready, but Jackie wants no part of it. I have no idea what to do next.

Back