Another Media "Star" Passed

O ... M ... G! ... !!!

His cv for classical theatre is impressive, although I've never seen him perform –

(Spoof ad by the Sunday Observer – viewer discretion advised – today's tv, this would come with a 45 second health warning.)

Reminds me of my parish priest.

Last edited:
Changing the subject (slightly,) Harold George Belafonte passed away from congestive heart failure at the tender age of 96.

"Who?" you ask?

Harry Belefonte, singer/actor/producer, succumbed to congestive heart failure, "joining" several people he's worked with, including the original "voice" of Kermit the Frog, Jim Henson. Here's Belefonte's filmography: Harry Belefonte's filmography

Here's a snippet from Belefonte's appearance on The Muppet Show:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Changing the subject (slightly,) Harold George Belafonte passed away from congestive heart failure at the tender age of 96.

"Who?" you ask?

Harry Belefonte, singer/actor/producer, succumbed to congestive heart failure, "joining" several people he's worked with, including the original "voice" of Kermit the Frog, Jim Henson. Here's Belefonte's filmography: Harry Belefonte's filmography

Here's a snippet from Belefonte's appearance on The Muppet Show:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
🙁My grandmother used to love him.
I always liked him too.
May he rest in peace.

Er ... no? Give me a clue?
They were a political group, quite well known in th 70's. Vanessa Redgrave was there most famous member. Once you had bought their paper, they could be difficult to shake off. Rather like the Alan Ford film clip.

O ... M ... G! ... !!!

His cv for classical theatre is impressive, although I've never seen him perform –

(Spoof ad by the Sunday Observer – viewer discretion advised – today's tv, this would come with a 45 second health warning.)

Reminds me of my parish priest.
Damn! (the video) How dare he?

There was a period when the UK were making spoof commercials just for the heck ... perhaps they still do. I worked in ad agencies for a while, so I got to see the showreels.

Another fave, a little girl with very bad language:

And a vicious Ford Ka:

There is another, Ka ad, much worse, but I fear @Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine and co. would hunt me down without mercy

Gerald Norman Springer succumbed to pancreatic cancer at the tender age of 79.

"Who?" you ask?

Jerry Springer, who was nicknamed "the sultan of salaciousness", succumbed to pancreatic cancer earlier today. Some of y'all might be familiar with his "talk show" or other projects...

Here are his filmography and his obituary: Jerry Springer's filmography Jerry Springer's obituary

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

There was a period when the UK were making spoof commercials just for the heck ... perhaps they still do. I worked in ad agencies for a while, so I got to see the showreels.

And a vicious Ford Ka:

There is another, Ka ad, much worse, but I fear @Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine and co. would hunt me down without mercy
Dang, that second one is vicious.

Gordon Meredith Lightfoot Jr. passed away from undisclosed reasons at the tender age of 86.

"Who?" you ask?

Gordon Lightfoot was a singer/songwriter from Ontario, Canada who sojourned in Los Angeles back in 1958 before returning to Canada. Some of his hits were If You Could Read My Mind, Sundown, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Rainy Day People, Canadian Railroad Trilogy and Carefree Highway. Here are his filmography and obituary: Gordon Lightfoot's filmography Gordon Lightfoot's obituary

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Gordon Meredith Lightfoot Jr. passed away from undisclosed reasons at the tender age of 86.

"Who?" you ask?

Gordon Lightfoot was a singer/songwriter from Ontario, Canada who sojourned in Los Angeles back in 1958 before returning to Canada. Some of his hits were If You Could Read My Mind, Sundown, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Rainy Day People, Canadian Railroad Trilogy and Carefree Highway. Here are his filmography and obituary: Gordon Lightfoot's filmography Gordon Lightfoot's obituary

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I am sad to hear. I grew up on his music. My family played his music when I was a little kid. My husband and I saw him live several years ago when he came to town. RIP. He will be missed.

And a vicious Ford Ka:

Does he really hurt animals in his videos? If so I hope by now someone has reported him.

This was a name that I had long forgotten. On this side of the pond, I don't think he achieved the fame that he might have. He was praised by Bob Dylan and Neil Young, higher honours are hard to imagine.

Back